How do I fix my insecurity?

My boyfriend never gave me a reason to not trust him but for some reason I always want to go through his calls and texts. I know its wrong, I did something wrong involving his phone and he is very p*ssed at me and I told him I knew it was wrong for me to do and he said he feels he can't hang out or talk to any of his female friends because ill get mad. I don't want him to feel that way I told him that and I know that I am very insecure and I need to change but I don't know where to start I don't know how to not be so jealous I want him to feel like I trust him. How do I become a more secure person with him?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• As a matter of fact, my girlfriend goes through my phone all the time. Text, calls, pictures, voice mail. I let her because I honestly have nothing to hide. And if I did I wouldn't be in a relationship with her, because I don't want to hide anything from her. I talk to her about it over and over, she's calmed down a bit over the few months. On the 21 we will be together for 7 months. I don't go through her phone just because I trust her. It all has to do with you and your way of thinking. I really wish she wasn't so insecure, because she won't really let me hang with my best friend but we can chill with hers all the time? Then she gets mad and throws "well why don't you go be with her if that's how you feel!" it pushes my buttons. And she know that. And when ever someone calls if its a female or something which is mainly my friends from school she's like oh is that your girlfriend calling or texting you. Ugh. But we have worked through it an she is doing a whole lot better. I don't know if this helped

What Guys Said 1

• Being Jelous ain't nothing you fix with a few advice. Takes time. But maybe he did something that made you feel this way? (could be a minor thing. But small things are enough at times. ) And if so tell him about it.

Other than that? There really no magic fix.

Im kinda a Jalous type too. But most of the time I find out there's a reason. So I ain't gonna get over that anytime soon. Onlything to do is to try and not do the things we know are wrong. Or talk it over with that person. A deep talk about why you are jalous and insecure might help abit. He could calm your thoughts.

But don't expect to be al jolly and secure. But again. Its your bf's job to help you be secure and know that he won't cheat or flirt.

What Girls Said 1

• been there, done that . Main reason I did that with my current boyfriend was because I was punishing him for what an EX had done in the past.

I used to be an insecure wreck at start of my relationship. But it is something you can move on from...with the help of your boyfriend.

I had a long talk with him about my past relationship,and about why I was worried and he agreed he would help me through it...and he did. Major first step that helped was he introduced me to his female mates...we got on great.

Jealousy is natural and healthy...in the right amounts and if it's getting you down my best advice is TALK about it. longer you leave it the more insecure you feel. and its sometimes the worries we invent in our heads that are hardest to forget about.