• Ask
  • myTake

Does it look gay for a guy to wear a scarf, or do girls like it? Girls answer only please!

Iv always wanted to buy one and wear it when I go out because sometimes I think they look pretty cool on guys, but do girls think it looks hot on a... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• they can be hot on a guy. I would think he has a sense of style if he can wear a scarf complimentary to his outfit. I always thought it was cute

What Girls Said 14

• it's a matter of opinion and it depends on the color and what he's wearing it with. in London it's the norm for guys to wear plaid scarves and fitted jackets with lapels with tight tee-shirts underneath or a button down.in the US, it's a little more metrosexual.so no, to me, I think it shows that he has style and that he's also likes to keep his neck warm =)

• Well love, I really wouldn't if I were you. I'm not saying its bad... its just that you will be highly ridiculed by 93% of the male population... I once dated a guy that wore scarfs. Didn't personally care, cared more about the person. ANYHOW, anywhere we went my guy friends that haven't met him asked "Oh so is this your gay friend?" Just sayin. I wouldn't do it. Unless its absolutely vital to your means of survival. :P

• i like it on guys, I think its sexy

• No, it does not look gay! Men in europe and in old movies wore them all the time. It looks hot if you have that manly pose and just wear it like you don't even know its there! It can look very sexy and cool if you play it off as if it is! =)

• the scarf doesn't make the man, the man makes the scarf.

• It is so cute if it complements your outfit if it doesn't forget about it

• I think it looks pretty gay haha.

• i'd definitely think its HOT!but depending on a guy because scarfs don't really go with everyone...even girls...for instance I know a few girls who I think shouldnt have bought scarfs lol...and I don't think I would look good with a scarf...so if you think that a scarf goes with you definitely buy one and wear it confidently and itll look even better:D

• In my opinon a macho guy would never wear one, because he thinks its gay. But a stylish guy would, a black dressy coat with a scarf under the collar looks good. Who cares what the guys think it's the girls your tring to impress, go for it.

• So cute and sexy! Just don't wrap it around. That looks... Girly. Also stick with neutral colors.

• Haha what does don't wrap it around mean? What other way is there to wear it?

• Show Older
    • Exactly!

• Wait, so is that way of wearing it what guys should do, or don't do? (<--scarf-challenged)

• I like it. Scarves can be manly. Don't get a silk purple paisley print scarf and tie it all festively if you are worried about looking gay. I never thought of scarves as making a guy look stereotypically homosexual, its all in how you wear it. There are gay guys who do wear scarves but wearing a scarf doesn't make you look gay

• eh, I think it depends what you wear with it like if everything matches and crap.. or your just like to overly dressed... then one may assume so..but I don't know just look nice with a scarf and you should be okay, I think its kinda cute.

• Go for it, as long as it's not bright pink or anything.

What Guys Said 6

• Oh hell no. Wearing a scarf shows you know how to dress. And not to mention how sophisticated you can be. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

• When I see a guy wearing one of those scarves for fashion I always wonder if it matches his panties. It looks faggy.

• But then what if 5 seconds later you see a hot ass chick walk over to him and ask for his number what do you think now?

• I think the same exact thing I thought 5 seconds prior

• dude, don't wear a scarf... you're a man! men don't wear scarfs... or pink... or dainty jewely... you get the idea

• wtf is this? really? a scarf why don't you buy a dildo while your at itunless its a blue scarf I like blue :0

• It's a piece of cloth. It doesn't dictate anything about your sexuality or masculinity. Wear a scarf because you're cold, not so you can get "cool points" with your local hipster girls.

• Man is a knot into which relationships are tied.