Girl avoids eye contact becuase she likes me or doesn't want to lead me on?

In college, this girl has same major/same classes. At first I wasn't interested cause I thought she was taken and I don't know she still might be but she's shown some signs of liking me, hasn't mentioned a boyfriend yet but avoids eye contact. For instance in class one day we started talking about our majors, a class we both wanted to take over the summer and stuff like that. Then after I saw her randomly, next class she says to me "hey were you at the store yesterday? I saw you and was like 'hey I think that's (my name)'". Thing is I never told her my name, so her knowing/remembering it from the teacher saying it or whatever kinda took me by surprise. Now she'll talk to me at the beginning of class, laugh at all my jokes and all that jazz but unless we're directly talking she never looks into my eyes. Its like 3 strait hours of class, we sit opposite each other and though when I look at her she'll look in my general direction a lot it is usually 'past me' or like she's looking at something on the wall next to me, not at me. Why would a girl intentionally avoid eye contact like that? Most girls in my experience always make it a point to give eye contact at least a little to show interest or make it a point to not care about it and she doesn't seem too shy in class either so idk...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

• I tend to do that, and contrary to the regular presumption, many girls do that. Just look at it rationally... It's well known that some girls can be "flirts" and tend to make eye contact even if they aren't that interested. On the other side a girl can make eye contact by accident, just staring around and happen to catch your eyes.They also don't have to look at you at all, and not make eye contact because they simply don't know you exists.If she doesn't care about you at all, everything above makes sense.But if she showed interest, or acknowledges your existence. Talks to you but absolutely avoids eye contact after that... Yes, she likes you. When you think she is looking past you, there is usually nothing interesting there. I can almost guarantee you that if someone asked her what she was looking at 3 sec ago, she wouldn't be able to answer. Why avoid eye contact? Same reason,people play flirting games to avoid confession.For me it's usually the thought of him figuring out, I like him, that scares me. Or even, the distraction he represents for me when I'm doing something.It could be number of similar reasons, but if she acts like this, 80% she likes you.Other 20%? She is just really mean and is messing with your head. =/

• Alright cool, thanks for the help!

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!