When a girl claims she just lost feelings for you, what can it mean?

Let's get this clear, she ADORED me. But then one day after 5 months, right out of the blue she decided she just lost her feelings for me and wanted... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Alright sir. Let's take a step back.

You'e right. These things never happen just out of the blue (but they always seem like they do!). The fact of the matter is that she's been falling out of love with you for awhile. Why? Because that is reality, and reality makes sense. Whether it's been weeks or months, it's been happening for awhile so hopefully I can make you see this as you reflect on the things that have happened between you and her in the past little while. You haven't revealed any details about recent events, but if you look back I'm sure you will start seeing red flags as you read this.

The woman's answer to this behaviour is the movie "500 days of Summer". (Read about it, and you'll find it never gives you answers to a woman's behaviour, but to simply accept life as it is). The man's answer is that a woman's feelings don't die - it wanes as a result of a man's actions and reactions to his woman. I prefer this explanation.

So I want you to look back at everything that happened to you and your girl. Maybe you guys have been spending every possible moment together. Did she ever have a chance to miss you? How often did you hang out with your buddies? Are you a CHALLENGE for her, do you intrigue her and make her work for your attention and respect? What about your own aspirations? Did they take a backseat for your girl? Were you two jealous of each other at all?

Did you ever take a backseat at being a man with your own dreams so you could please her, be with her, etc?

What I'm trying to get at, is that even though things are great on the surface, there is ALWAYS a reason. Simply "falling out of love" is not one of them, that's a RESULT. However, in general, what generally happens is that a woman is evaluating you as long-term material, and if you aren't a man who can fit the bill, you're gone. And the sad thing is, she will never know the reasons why, because a lot of the time it's subconscious.

But please, provide more details, because it's hard to tell what's going on from what you've posted.

• First off, she said she literally lost feelings for me after one day. That one day she adored me, and that very next day she woke up with second thoughts.

The only thing I could have done wrong was lacking in the challenge department. I was awesome at it at first, but I kind of got bored of being a challenge after we had really settled down. I figured it wasn't necessary. Not to say I didn't still make her work from time to time, but yeah I wasn't the same as I was in the beginning.

• Ok you will understand one day that people don't lose feelings after one day. They simply stop acting after one day.

But the fact that you stopped being a challenge is a huge factor. What makes you think that she will stay with you if you stop being a Challenge? Isn't that what attracted her to you in the first place? Remember - don't ever stop being a challenge.

Just ask any woman out there - probably the most important quality us men should have.

• In response to your other question about whether she will come back:

Yeah it's possible. Happens all the time. But since you haven't changed yourself, it won't last. And since she hasn't changed, it won't last either.

Do yourself a favor and forget about her :) you deserve better.