Can a girl tell if you like her? How can she tell if she likes you too?

how can you tell if a guy likes you? how can I tell if she's showing that same interest as well?

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion you can only tell interest over a period of time dating. Why?

1. A lot of signs that people try to use like "She's playing with her hair, she likes me", can be wrong. She could be playing with her hair because it's bugging her that day or she's trying to get it out of her face.

2. In general, people are polite. So you go on a date, you had a great time and are interested, you think your date was too and then later she turns you down for a 2nd date. What happened? You thought she was interested in you on the 1st date when the truth was she wasn't but she was polite and, of course, would not be giving you attitude or telling you "Sorry, but I am not into you".

3. People's minds change a lot in those early stages of dating. I like to say that it is more like a windy road than a straight path to love. We go back and forth thinking about how much we like someone and whether we can see them for the long term.

So, to know this is to understand that you cannot tell from a first date or maybe even the 3rd if this will last or not.

If you are just referring to whether a girl is showing enough interest for you to even ask her out, well I would say sometimes even that is tricky as some girls can be flirty and appear interested when that is just their nature. Overall, if a girl pays attention to what you say, laughs at your jokes and never appears to be trying to cut a conversation off, you can try asking her out. There is no guarantee she will say yes, and you need to know that and be prepared to not take it as personal.

• Well that's discouraging.

• You make this sound more difficult than it actually is, there is obvious ways to know if you like somebody on the first date. Have you ever heard of one night stands or kissing on the first date?

• Jacksparrow55, the two examples you give are not very helpful. I am talking about relationships, not just casual sex. I don't believe in kissing on the first date, and, even if I did, it can mean nothing. There are posts on this site where people have kissed and even made out or had sex, and it meant nothing. No second date came from it. So, no, sex and kissing on a first date do not mean the person likes you enough for more to come from it.

What Girls Said 28

• I can tell if a guy likes me if: he's usually the one to initiate a text/call, we will text more than once a day and for hrs and tells you to text him back later or tmrw, he sends sexy pictures (not nude ones but maybe ones where he's in his boxers), he asks you to send him a picture of ureself, he tells you things that you know that he wouldn't say to his boys, he tends to stare/glance at you when he thinks that you don't see it lol, teases you a little, finds a way to get you to touch him, tends to smile at you a lot whenever you guys are talking in person, compliments u-if he calls you beautiful he may like you, flirts with u, sexting, wants to cuddle, the way he hugs you and treats u, tries to kiss you, asks you to hang out with him -just you and him or you ask him and he just straight out tells you.

If I like a guy I will do the following things: when I give him a hug and will put my hands around his neck so that his hands are around my waist and stick my butt out a little lol, make little excuses to get him to touch me or get him closer to me, tell him that he's cute and give him compliments, ask him how is day went/how was school, ask him about himself so that I'll learn more about him, smile alot-it's a habit, flirt with him through texts/in person, always give him a hug when I first see him and when I first leave, ask him to walk me to my car, willing to talk to you whenever you text/call me first even if I may be busy.

That's all I got!

• I can tell if a guy likes me. like if he comes and sees me a lot or he comes visit me at work a lot. I had one guy who'd visit me at work almost everyday and bring me food too. so it was obvious he really liked me :)

• That didn't come off as desperate to you?

• I'd call that being persistent more than "desperate"

• What is the difference between being persistant and desperation then? Since you would considr that as "persistance."

• The only way I ever really know if a guys likes me is if he makes a good effort to talk to me and hang out with me. .. not in a group, just one on one.

• Well for me, I feel if a guy likes me quite easily... and since I'm a shy person.. I wait a bit until I'm sure he is flirting with me, to smile with him... and stuff... I guess I get really really nervous with him.. and usually I'm the one to break eye contact.. and I find it hard to be near me.. and he is the first person I look at in a crowd... Its quite easy to tell if a girl doesn't like you.. because if she's shy or loud, both types will be obvious if she doesn't like you. But, if she likes you... you might have a tough time knowing whether its interest as a guy or interest as a friend.

And a popular loud girl, might be quite obvious, coming over to talk to you, and dropping obvious hints, and patting you and stuff...

About knowing whether guys like me or not.. I'm really naive... I need like really really obvious signs.

• I don't really know how to explain it, but I definitely know. I guess I feel like the guy makes more of an effort to be around me..

More from Girls
23

What Guys Said 6

• Shy girls will not make eye contact and other girls will make some eye contact or make it a staring contest. Some people make eye contact for the sake of being courteous. Some people stare. Some people seem very interested because they're a people person. Some girls will laugh at everything. Some girls might not have a great sense of humor and give you a fake laugh or smile. If a girl pays attention to everything you say she's just being nice as it would be rude to talk to someone and not pay attention. Some people like to tease or joke around relatively more than others. Some girls act friendly towards everyone including their crushes and some girls act especially different towards their crushes. Some people hide any signs of attraction. Playing with hair could just be a bad habit. Pupil dilation could be due to medication or to a sudden subtle change in lighting which you might not notice. Lots of talking or wanting to hang out could mean they just like talking and hanging out with you as a friend. She might show all the signs because she likes you as a best friend. People act differently depending on the person's personality - some people look like you could joke around with them and others look more serious, etc. Bumping into people could just be coincidence because you go to the same school, live in the same area, etc.

Catch my drift? This also applies to guys; it's no wonder why it's so hard to meet people.

It is difficult to tell depending on the individual. Shy girls will not show signs and bolder girls will show all the signs. Friendly and flirtatious girls are even harder to read. Some girls will become shy if they're attracted and other girls will be the complete opposite. There is no reliable way to tell. What you might see as being interested might just be her being friendly. The best way would be to ask them and even then girls don't always say what they mean or mean what they say haha. I hear girls commenting on how they're annoyed by guys thinking they were interested in them when they were just being friendly.

If I had to choose the most reliable sign of interest it would be staring/smiling across the room, repeatedly (first glance could be out of kindness or surprise). Also make sure they're actually looking at you and not the hot person near you lol. Why this sign? There is no reason to do that unless you find the person [physically] attractive. I like to stare back, or wave to the person or wave back lol.

Personally, I like to be direct and let them know rather than wait for the confusion and drama to set in.

• She'll play with her hair, she'll return your eye contact, she'll smile, she'll continue a conversation when it pauses, she'll stand close to you, she'll ask you questions...you get the idea.

• If a girl isn't like ALL over you, then I'm pretty sure it's impossible to tell whether she really likes you or not... lol ;)

• Lets say it this way girls/women give us allots of signs it's just that we men do not understand them most of the time.As it is told before you should look to what the girls does when she talks to you if she makes her self up when he talks to you or plays with her hair that's a sign. Of course the long smile and staring is another. You just test the girl out of course by laughing and checking if she laughs back.Or just go and use a sentence like how late is it ? If she laughs all the time and looks interested you should go a step further .

with other words keep your eyes open and look for things she doesn't do normally.

• This is always a funny subject. I think people "like" to think they would know but I think the reality is, there's no definitive way of knowing someone likes you short of asking them. Girls are the worst at this and as soon as they think you like them, they'll either give you a shot, or play hard to get, which will either turn into a long drawn out denial, or a much earned approval. Either way, both will breed resentment, sooner or later.

***Never put in more time/effort for someone else if they're not willing to do the same for you :)

More from Guys
1