Why is it better being single than being in a relationship?

I have no idea why it's better being single. All my friends tell me that being in a relationship is much better than being single. Why is that? I... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I would argue that it can be good either way. When you are single you have many options available to you to grow and mature on a personal level.

When you are in a relationship, a caring mature relationship, you have the opportunity to grow as an individual as well as grow as a couple, which can be fantastic. The flip side is that you are now part of a team, what you do, say, and feel has an effect on the other person.

It's not that one is "better" than the other, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Don't concentrate on being lonely, instead use it as an opportunity to grow as a person.

• Well said :-)

think relationships are never going to fill a void, then you would end up dependent... Grow yourself then it will find you. :-)