Why do girls like guys who treat them bad?

A topical a**hole.

Most Helpful Girl

• Say we are talking about players. Players approach women, know how to talk to them and make them feel good about themselves. No woman thinks: "he has lots of girls, let me date him"... players are great at disguising their womanizing ways (in the beginning). Nice guys tend to be shyer, it's not that women don't want these guys, it's just that women have been conditioned not to make the first move - and the guys just don't create chance for themselves, I don't blame them, it's horrendous putting yourself up for rejection like that - but it's equally pointless to blame women.

Also.. put it this way... you're a nice guy now... but if you were super confident and all the girls wanted you - would you resist it on principle? Would you shrug them off for one woman?

The true test of a nice guy is a guy who can get the girls and chooses to be faithful. And these type of guys don't have to wonder why assholes get girls.

• I think the only thing men really blame women for is actively choosing the a**holes over the decent guys. Most good guys make an effort and put themselves out there, but women seem to have this never-ending curiosity about the bad boys.

• Good Lord, this girl is spot on.

• Men who are abusive are another category entirely. Then it has a lot to do with the girls' relationship with her father - as studies have shown abused women tend to subconsciously pick out abusive men. In terms of women going for physicality over personality - well, sure, there are tonnes of superficial women who do that... but you're trying to tell me that men don't?

What Girls Said 29

• it's not necessarily that girls like guys who treat them bad, it's just that in some casses, some guys, they really know how to lure girls to thinking they are the sweetest most romantic people on earth, even after they have just done something really bad or hurtful. and the truth is... girls fall for it

they just have a way of making themselves look innocent again, and again.

• i don't like being treated so bad that it hurts my feelings.. but sometimes, I like wen he's kinda demanding or like tells me what to do like ( go make me a sandwich , go get me a beer...wanna suck my cock) LOL... because its just a attraction to him being a man. and I wanna do what he says and take care of him. I know my answer must b like.. weird.

• Im talking bout like when a guy tells you to meet him at the movies at 12 at nite and he never shows up kinda asshole

• Girls don't like assholes unless they don't have experience or they don't care.

Generally guys who are assholes should ideally change to be non-assholes but in this world, there's good and bad people.

The best way for girls who have a tendency to date the wrong people is to take a break and think about who they really want to date.

Dating assholes suck and in the end, no one wants to date an asshole. Not all girls do this.

• Hmm... a topical asshole... is that some kind of asshole cream that you rub on yourself?

• I'm not an asshole I just found it funny and felt like poking fun at it. :)

• Hahaa I was kidding

• We aren't all like that. The ones who are tend to be just worried they'll never find someone else who wants them so they settle. I personally think there are many more bad guys than good guys and the good ones are either taken or too shy or don't care about having a girlfriend.

• Dude, you're looking in the wrong location. Out of probably 20 guys that I know more than acquaintance maybe about 4 of them are assholes.

• Maybe high school is just a bad location then...or just my high school...

• That's because the majority of high school males are testosterone ridden little sh*ts who have yet to take note of the phrase "grow a pair". Just like it seems as though the majority of females in high school are still looking for the most "gangsta", emo or jockish fellow to come along, and sweep them off their feet. Just don't expect to find a lot of good relationship material in a grade 10 class...or anywhere around there for that matter.

More from Girls
24

What Guys Said 8

• In my experience with girls that "seem" to gravitate to guys that treat them badly, is mostly because at some point in their childhood they dealt with a sh*tty father figure who treated her badly or her mother badly. It's what they know and stick to. God forbid they get with a guy that treats them good. They are always too afraid to have a good thing because they never think it will last or is too good to be true.

• They don't. Many women like a challenge, and prefer a guy that will give them one. Some even prefer a 'fixer-upper' But nobody truly wants someone that will be an (_o_) Any time you see someone with such a person, it is because that (_o_) didn't act as such to begin with. They allowed the other person to become attracted to an enamored with the fascade they put on, then allow their true self to come out. At which point the other person has a hard time believing that is them, and letting them go. They make excuses for them, because they are under the impression who they pretended to be in the first place is who they really are. Quite sad.

• So if the guy punches his girlfriend in the face should that girl still make excuses for him? I don't think so.

• There are plenty of women that stay in abusive relationships, and make excuses for the boys that beat them. I never said it was a good thing, but it happens.

• Sometimes those girls have psychological issues. They could be "controlled" by their boyfriend through manipulative and harmful words. And sometimes they can feel trapped, or even too scared to leave them for fear of what they might do.

• i think cause they want to change that guy into the better looking guy who they manicured into what they want when the nice guy in most cases isn't as good looking...its a lost cause and as a result most women hate men and think were all jerks. if anyone wants could you check out and answer my latest question as it is kinda similar

• Girls do not date guys for who they are, only by the way they act... It's a sad and pathetic truth that they all deny

More from Guys
3