Why do guys keep their feelings inside?

In general, why do guys keep most of their feelings inside? Why is it so hard for them to talk about them? I recently broke up with a guy &... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Most guys are taught to hide their emotions and appear tough. We are brought up to believe that if we show any emotion (other that masculine ones like anger) we would appear weak and no one, especially women, would respect us after that.

Also, in a relationship, guys want to appear cool and nor feminine and emotional. So, don't expect any emotion from your guy, even though he may be depressed.

• Okay, thanks. That helps. Its just hard because I think if we could just talk as friends we would both feel better. I guess I want him to know how much I miss him & how hard its been but I am afraid that he will think I am stalking him or something...when all I really want to do is express how I am feeling. Oh well. Guys sure are different!

• Yes, guys and girls are different. If you read books like "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" or "Why women cry and men lie" you will learn a lot. It may not change things, but at least you will understand why men behave in a certain way.

• Oh, good to know. I've heard of the first book but not the second. I think I will pick them up! THanks.