• Ask
  • myTake

If I ask a guy out for a drink, will he assume it's a date?

I asked a shy guy I know to go for a drink with me, so we could catch up. We used to hang out regularly in the fall, but he had just gotten out of a 2.5 year relationship and I didn't want to be the rebound girl, even though I liked him a lot. I thought he had feelings for me too at the time (nervousness sometimes, other times lots of flirting, prolonged eye contact, always saying yes to spending time together...), but I ended up distancing myself and dating other people, because I didn't think he was over his ex-girlfriend and was scared I'd end up hurt. However, we go to the same university and would run into each other fairly frequently. He was always friendly whenever I saw him and we weren't on bad terms. So, I decided to text him and ask if he wanted to get a drink together, because enough time has passed and I miss his company. He responded that that "sounded good" and told me to pick whichever day I wanted, which seemed pretty friendly. I'm fairly certain he knows that I used to like him, so do you think he thinks it's a date?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• On both ways don't rush things out, besides you said that you're good friends so this means while having that drink you can discuss his personal relationships, that way you can get some of those answers you're seeking and only time will do the rest.P.S.:get him drunk and you'll get some precised answers :P.

• Thanks for your help! :) We had a really nice time. He even offered to buy my beer (I didn't let him because I did the inviting!) and we're hanging out again on Wednesday! :)

• :), glad you enjoyed ur time, as 4 the beer thing he's just being a gentleman, sounds like he's a gd person... btw how was wednesday??

What Guys Said 3

• does it matter? your behavior when you go out for drinks will be the determining factor. he'll either leave thinking you might want to go out again or it was a friendly get together. the real question -- wht is it that you really want.

• Just sounds like two old friends catching up to me. If more happens so be it.

• Thanks! :) That was my intention. I haven't spent time with him in a while, so I don't know if there's still feelings on either end... I think I'll probably still like him, but we'll see how things go.

• depends on who pays...maybe or just friends maybe...maybe ask him...

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!