If I ask a guy out for a drink, will he assume it's a date?

I asked a shy guy I know to go for a drink with me, so we could catch up. We used to hang out regularly in the fall, but he had just gotten out of a 2.5 year relationship and I didn't want to be the rebound girl, even though I liked him a lot. I thought he had feelings for me too at the time (nervousness sometimes, other times lots of flirting, prolonged eye contact, always saying yes to spending time together...), but I ended up distancing myself and dating other people, because I didn't think he was over his ex-girlfriend and was scared I'd end up hurt. However, we go to the same university and would run into each other fairly frequently. He was always friendly whenever I saw him and we weren't on bad terms.

So, I decided to text him and ask if he wanted to get a drink together, because enough time has passed and I miss his company. He responded that that "sounded good" and told me to pick whichever day I wanted, which seemed pretty friendly. I'm fairly certain he knows that I used to like him, so do you think he thinks it's a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• On both ways don't rush things out, besides you said that you're good friends so this means while having that drink you can discuss his personal relationships, that way you can get some of those answers you're seeking and only time will do the rest.

P.S.:get him drunk and you'll get some precised answers :P.

• Thanks for your help! :) We had a really nice time. He even offered to buy my beer (I didn't let him because I did the inviting!) and we're hanging out again on Wednesday! :)

• :), glad you enjoyed ur time, as 4 the beer thing he's just being a gentleman, sounds like he's a gd person... btw how was wednesday??