Why does my boyfriend never buy me flowers or do anything romantic?

Him and i are in a good relationship, today is our anniversary believe it or not. he has told me i'm gonna get you something this and that, and he just doesn't.. so i talk to him about it then he says i'm an asshole this and that like talking bad about himself not me, i even talked to him about it today like he was saying we have to come up with something since it's out anniversary i was like why can't you figure out something you are the man in this relationship. i don't know... i love him like i really do. today is our 7 months he hasn't even got me a flower or a card or something small for our anniversary it's kinda upsetting like i even talk to him about it... like it's depressing

he also is deeply in love with me. like he cries cause he doesn't ever want to loose me.
he buys me dinner sometimes. i love him to death but like i don't know i tried everything.

917

Most Helpful Guy

• Men have zero use for flowers and cards rose petals and candles and the things women think of as "romantic" - when we do those things, we're doing them for the girl. We're essentially "learning a foreign language" that we otherwise have no use for.

Men show their romantic feelings via SACRIFICE - by working hard to provide for you, by fixing your car at night in the rain so you can get to work tomorrow, and by not banging the smoking hot chick who was flirting with us despite the protests of our penis and our instincts, which are screaming "do her NOW - no one will ever know!" And, maybe, we take you on a nice vacation instead of spending the money on ourselves.

Even then, some guys are just much worse than others when it comes to "romance" - they just don't think that way and feel lost and clueless about the entire concept - because they don't understand it (remember: it doesn't do anything for men). Some guys just can't put themselves in HER point of view to grasp why it's important.

That's just not his "love language." He can learn - maybe - but it doesn't come naturally to him. You might want to read this:

www.atacrossroads.net/.../...law-selfish-fails.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex kept saying we would go on a date or hed do something and then never went through with it. He never got me a gift or anything for my birthday or a holiday or just in general ( i dont care about gifts , my point is i felt unappreciated like he could of at least made me a homemade card or did something sweet from his heart.) He literally only cared about his weed and using me for sex. So if you feel unappreciated then you should tell him because if he cared he would show you how much he did

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 16

• Because he doesn't have too. 7 months might seem like a long time to you but not everybody celebrates it. A year is an accomplishment. However don't expect a man to buy you chocolates and roses for being with you for 7 months. Don't expect him to buy you anything at all. He will do so when he sees it fit but don't push it. Men don't care about stuff as flowers so we wouldn't expect them either. Give him a chance.

• Why are you with him?

• I definitely would of bought a girl roses and card on our first date
    maybe try talking to him he sounds like , he has low self esteem issues.

• Because you value useless things like flowers. Would you like some clam shells and horseshoes to go with that. Grow up.

• he don't love you. words mean nothing, actions mean things. someone can say they're gonna do the dishes but if you come home and they ain't done, then they didn't mean it.
    Simple logic- you wanna do something; you do it, you don't want to; you don't. It's the definition of free will.

• its a 2 way street, what are you doing for him?

• You seem to date these ghetto thugs. Your boyfriend looks like a thug.

• I don't see the issue, he admitted that he's a cunt and he ain't gonna change. Take it or leave it.

• Haha. He's inspired by Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand.

• youngsters now a day

• may he is not love u like u do..

• maybe you are not hot enough

• It is not in our nature. You have been falsely lead to believe otherwise by female geared ads and female fantasy (movies like the notebook) telling you that it's something that "should" happen. It would be the same as if men started to believe that women wanted what porn showed as a basic principle. Which we know is not the case.

Essentially guys do this in the beginning to get sex, once sex is gotten... it is no longer a required thing.

• "i was like why can't you figure out something you are the man in this relationship."

This is where you lost me. In no way is he obligated to do more things for you than you do for him just because he's a man. Get real.

• First of all, I do more than he does.. all I was saying is if he showed me love a different way/.. by getting me flowers. So stfu. Thanks

• Lol. What does that have to do with him being a man?

• Let me tell you something ok, I know guys that are afraid to be romantic, or maybe it personally isn't his thing. Either way this looks like something you'll have to get used to

• Do you do anything romantic for him?

• yes i do, i make him dinner, i do everything for him, buy him shit and i barely get anything in return besides sex, weed and more sex

• You shouldn't be doing something expecting to get something in return

What Girls Said 8

• Some people show their love through actions or gifts. He shows his love through words. If you can't deal with that then move on

• well first of all, it's only 7 months, you really should not except him to buy you flowers or anything, that is just ridiculous, yes maybe if it was your 1 year anniversary, then he could get you flowers.

• Know that he is not gonna change
    one of my close ones dated a guy like that, they are married too but anywho he had always been not so romantic; she always got upset over that. SHe thought he would change after marriage; but she was wrong.

She loves him, thus she married him but not entirely happy.

• Some guys just aren't like that. Maybe try buying him something and then that way he'll feel he needs to return the favor. I do believe he loves you though. c:

• Maybe he's just not a romantic guy

• Find a French boyfriend, they generally do this kind of things.

• my boyfriend was like that too

• Um. Eww.. Wtf?