Pretending to be drunk to text a guy honestly?

There are a few things I want to say to this guy, but I'm too scared to sober. So I'm thinking about pretending like I'm drunk and texting him... and seeing what he says. And if it goes badly I can just pretend to be really embarrassed and that I didn't really have any control over what I was saying...

Has anyone does this? Does it work?

Most Helpful Guy

• If a 25 years old woman did this to me, it would just raise some red flags in my mind. Why dont you rather talk to him in a normal way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a lame excuse and pretty pathetic. Put your big girl pants on and talk to him

What Guys Said 18

• Never done it, but sounds like a plan, what were you going to text him?

A bit reluctant to say go for it without knowing what you're going to text him!

• I haven't tried this before but it sounds like a decent strategy. Cowardly... but a strategy none the less.

• So you're gonna make yourself look bad so you can talk to a guy... you don't see anything wrong with that? lol

• I've had girls sabotage themselves by legit drunk texting. You don't want to portray yourself as someone who turns sloppy and emotional when drunk, it's a turn off.

• Age 25-29 lmfao

• doesn't work and won't be appreciated... and might not be entertained as you like it to be...

as a sober person this can be met with a serious/honest answer and this will leave you satisfied with the answer good or bad.

• How about you actually drink a few drinks. That way you are not jeopardizing your moral integrity and thoughts will flow better.

• It's a good way to make your guy friend think you have a drinking problem?
    Unless you like to party together...

• No don't do that. If you are a moody, unpredictable alcoholic then it is a turn off.
    And a very poor excuse.

• Yeah I've done that haha.

• haha as a guy, that's what we always do. so shy, so scared to just waste away so many beautiful days and dates that could have happened if we were just honest. basically no, just be frank and true to your feelings brave soul :)

• Don't even try. Won't go the way you want. Why don't you ask someone else to deliver your message?

• Clearly you wish you had the courage to say what you want to say.

Just say it.

• I have no clue

• Yeah, as everyone else has said, this is an awful idea. It will definitely lower his opinion of you.

• maybe you should actually get drink but don't tell him. then you'll be drink enough to tell him these things

• yep I use this trick a lot. lol. :D

• Or you can actually get drunk and text him

What Girls Said 11

• I'd actually just get genuinely drunk and go for it because then if it turns bad you can just keep drinking. I think it could work as long as the questions aren't too specific or detailed. Keep it vague.

• The only thing being drunk accounts for is spelling errors. Everything else is all you, drunk or not. So you're going to embarrass yourself regardless

• I think it's a bit silly. If he's mature and older he'll probably see through it. It's not a terrible idea but I say don't play games.

• They say the truth comes out when drunk. in my opinion, never show signs of insecurity or weakness. People are attracted to confidence. I understand how you feel, the moment I texted a crush I wanted to throw my phone away or burn it. But he ended up responding and it wasn't so bad. I kept the conversation light and casual and found out things. What do you want to say to him?

• That doesn't sound like a good idea... :/

• So you have to be "drunk" to be honest.. sad.

• Don't do it dude.

• Girls do this all the time. Like I've helped my friends write out some stupid crap pretending to be drunk but it's stupid in my opinion. I wouldn't do it

• Guys do this when they're trying to get out of the friend zone

• Hahaha... Go for it! Whatever works, honey.

• I wouldn't pretend you're drunk. He may just think you're taking the piss and not serious. I wouldn't take a drunks words seriously. Just be mature about it and tell him... sober. You're worried about being embaraased if it goes wrong, but you'll look more of a fool if you pretend you're drunk

• That could backfire