Why do girls pretend to not be interested in you?

Why do girls pretend to not be interested in a guy they like? I don't get it?

So what Should I do if a girl is doing this to me?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000 characters

Most Helpful Opinion

• A lot of girls don't want to feel vulnerable. Once a guy knows she likes him, she's setting herself up for possibly humiliation or heartache if he doesn't reciprocate. The vulnerability usually stems from low self esteem. She's not sure if she's good enough for you. She doesn't want to take the chance in CONFIRMING (in her eyes) that she's not good enough for you. She'd rather maintain the hope that there's a possibility you could feel the same.If you know that she feels this way toward you, maybe give her a little extra attention. Look her in the eyes and smile, it'll validate her as a person. Ask her opinion, it'll tell her you're interested in what she has to say. If little things like this don't get it out of her, ask her to coffee, or ask her if you'll see her at some event going on. Ease into things and she'll gain not only self confidence, but if your relationship develops into anything, she'll have more confidence in your relationship, knowing it has a solid foundation.

What Girls Said 23

• You have to work harder so we know that you are genuine. Approach her and become her friend. Get to know better. :)

• they want you to chase her and go the extra mile to win her over

• same reson why you would. if you really like this girl or she likes you she wants a challenge to see how far your willing to go to get noticed. weird and confusing, but true

• i think guys should get over it and stop whining

• Why do guys pretend not to like girls they are interested in?

• i don't like to play games but sometimes a guy doens't appeciate you until you do that and they know that your not easy

• sometimes girls don't want to put their dignity down and show interest in a man unless he does first. or it could be because they crave attention and you know usually when you don't show interest in a person they'll chase after you and if you do show interest they won't chase after you ..thats how things are unfortunetly ..so I would say first show her you are interested then if she doesn't show anything back then back off.. if she is interested in you ..she'll probably message because she's wondering why you changed

• We want you to chase after us :) plus we don't want a guy who jsut wants to get us in their bed so it's our way of making sure the guy is going to try his best to show that he truly like us :).

• because they want to make sure that if you like them, you really like them and that it is worth being with you.WE don't like players.if you case a girl long enough, she feels confident to be with you, because the knows that you don't want her for a one night stand.

• i admit I do that..its only because I'm scared, of rejection, or getting hurt.when I like a guy, the LAST thing I want is the guy to find out.idk why, its just me.

• maybe she doesn't like you or maybe she does but doesn't want to admit. it because she's not sure that you like her. Usually I'm shy to tell a guy unless I really really like him.

• it depends on the type of girl it is.. we all have different reasons..some girls are just shy, others are afraid to let the guy know, some are embarassed,i even know some girls who don't want to let people know they like a guy because their friend does or because (this sounds shallow) but because he may not have the highest social standing. all girls are different.. some even don't pretend not to at all. some girls do let guys know x] just depends who you're dealing with

• Girls are complicated creatures, so don't even make any attempts of understanding us. It's just the way it is. :) With your question, it's just that sometimes, we want to see some effort with you guys. Most especially if the feelings mutual. And if it's not, we're just so caught up with the possible effect of rejection towards us. We're girls, our emotions can accumulate us. We can't handle rejection as just an ordinary embarrassment.

• As for me I can not express my feelings anymore after I got hurt...so I like this guy a lot but I can't get it across.

• Don't stop calling him...but we only talk like we are good friends. =P

• So what do you do to get your message across that you like him?

• Girls play games with guys like you. If I were you I would take this girl in your arms and kiss her nice and long and then walk away. Pretend like your not interested in her play her games. If she likes you she is not gonna go anywhere

• Haha Good Idea!

• Well if the guy was a friend of mine, I would pretend I didn't like him so our friendship wouldn't change because I value his friendship more than my feelings for him.

• They do it because they don't know what your intentions are. I usually don't show interest because I'm just not interested...either that, or I think that if I show interest the guy will try to take advantage of that.

• Playing hard to get,just act like you completely hate them, and they'll love ya for it. ;3

• Hahahaha I do this 2 guys all the time..idk some girls are like that..I kno I do it because I don't want 2 make it seem like I'm pressed and 2 try 2 cover up my feelings and be mean because I'm so used 2 them being crushed down. Sit her down and tell her, but you need to be very serious and up front..no playin around..if she truly is interested then she shud stop it.. If not keep it movin

• I don't act interested if the guy I like isn't acting interested.Might do a little subtle flirting,but other than that,then I won't act interested.Truthfully,I'm afraid of rejection,so that's why I do it(:This is probably how other girls think too.But there's still a good number of us that'll show interest first.Hope this helped:D

• The Dammn magazine told me "play hard to get!" lol jk If I like you, I'll show interest :) but most of us are afraid of being rejected of course and don't want to come off as desperate either.

• Like if we're playing hard to get, we're not going to keep blowing you guys off all the time....we're just waiting for you guys to intiate the conversation. or maybe this girl is nervous to talk to you, If I really like a guy sometimes I get so nervous I give one word answers but I'm sure you can tell whether or not she's just nervous or not interested.

• Yeah can you friend me and I can explain the situtation

• Be more forward and ask her a question that require more talking like "hey how was your day? what did you do?" ask her what she did, then you'll get some more words out of her and then you can try and build a conversation from her answer, but if she says she did nothing and her day was okay or just good....keep the questions coming but if she tries to keep the answers short and it looks like she's not interested...then she's NOt interested.

• Show Older
  • beacause sometimes were afraid that you guys won't like us back

• The same reason some guys do...most people are afraid of rejection...in some girls' minds if they act interested in you, but then they pull back, and if you're still pursuing them, in their minds they'll know for sure that you like them. Other girls (manipulative girls) like to see how many guys they can get to boost their egos...horrible I know. Another thing is a lot of girls don't do these things...I, for example, will act interested as long as you don't dissuade me. If I like you I will most definitely go after you.

• No she's this girl I met at the Store. If you want to read the whole story go into my profile and the other question I asked explains how we talk and stuff. But yeah.

• Are you friends on FB with her or something of that sort with the internet?.She's most likely scared to talk to you (due to her wlaking away from you really fast) and the internet gives a lot of people courage.Try talking to her on there.If for some reason you can't, try as best as you can to talk to her in person.Especially when she's alone so she can't use her friends to block you. If all of this doesn't work try giving her space and maybe she'll work up the courage to talk to you...

• I seriously tried to tell her. But when I try to talk to her she's just like Hey, (my name) and walks right past me fast. Or I say Hows......going? "Good." and again she walks right past me. I can't get her to stop for 2 minutes lol.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 6

• I'd like to know what percentage of girls actually play these games?

• Pure ego, been there done that. In all honesty, give up because if she liked you she wouldn't ignore you. As much as you don't want to hear it that's what it is & nothing else. I went through the same thing so I just deleted anything to do with her and put it behind me. Or you can keep chasing her, up to you but don't put too much into it or turn down some other girl if you get the chance.

• they don't know if you like them, they are having problems with confidence in themselves, they want to seem mysterious to you and give you a chase even though it never works, or they are just not that into you- take your pick

• the more interested you are the less attractive you become, you have less power in the relationship, the person who has less interest has more power in the relationship

• They don't want to be to easy, don't want to put themselves out there, don't like rejection,

• They're not sure if you like them; thus, they ignore you even if they really do like you. Fear of rejection is a powerful reason or force to hide your emotion.