These days it's men who have to do the chasing and ask the girl out, but so many just want one thing and it's hard to tell whose decent and whose not, because some may have a game plan and seem decent but few weeks down the line turn out to be a p****... So what would a decent guy say when his approaching a girl?
- This guy is boring! He's not very creative, and he's used to being nice to get things to work his way.. Highly favorable if you always pick guys from option D but I can gaurantee this relationship will not be thrilling emotionally or sexually in 90% of life.
2) "Wanna go out sometime.."
- This guy is used to logically approaching women; he's goal oriented and strives for his goal whole-heartedly (aka he's "pushy").. This guy may bring a different aspect to relationships over someone in the C category; but in the long run this guy could probably lose interest if you say "no" / "not yet" / etc.. If you are phrased with that question by a stranger, I could only pray you say: "I don't know you, why are you asking me on a date?"
3) "Can I have your number.."
- This guy likes lining things up for the future, he plans ahead a little; this is a good quality but it's not a "romantic quality".. Imagine if your guy just planned what to do in your relationship - where to go/what to eat/what movie you'd watch.. I personally would feel left out - to hold a romantic interest, you've gotta have both parties interact; so this guy is fairly far from the correct ideal.
4) "You're hot! What's your name.."
- Tattletale sign of a player. While it could be fun to flirt with him, I strongly recommend you don't. The reason being that you could end up falling for him (a player) and getting hurt; or you could end up leading him on to where he pursues you until he becomes a complete annoyance.
--- And now for the proper ideal.
The guy that NOTICES something about you or the situation your in, and uses that to approach you, is the guy that will treat you with the utmost feelings that are usually positive. No one's perfect, but this will be your closest match if you compare all of the other cases. Here's an example: You have spaghetti ingredients in your grocery cart and you're in line to check out.. He looks at you and says: "Spaghetti night? I bet you I'm a better cook.. *raises top ramen*".. Not only is it funny but it's also interactive and intellectual. He realizes you are cooking spaghetti, so he finds the humor in the situation, and applies it in a way that you can resist him like women "oh so commonly" do. This type of guy would fulfill both your emotional and physical needs in a larger percentile than anyone listed above; in my own opinion.
But then again, I'm just a nerd who's studied his friends and local people for the last 6 years.. I wouldn't know anything ;)
I don't think there is a absolute way of proving if a guy is decent or a prick from the way he approaches you. I myself is very confident and I like to tease, some girls would say that I have the traits of a prick, but I am degree educated, I have a stable job earning great money, I have great friends, I am independent and I have life goals. But you would never know all that untill you got to know me alittle more. I think you have to trust your instinct, I would say that if your continually chasing, or the guy starts not caring for you - then that's the signs to get out of that relationship. But if he always wants to be with you, always has that ""I am so in love with you "" look in his eyes, and always compliments you, helps you out...then you have found a decent guy.
Well, you're not going to figure it out with one opening line. Not going to happen. In fact, I can easily see a scenario where the guy uses all of your lines at once ("You're hot! What's your name? That's cool - hey, my name is _____. Wanna go out sometime? Great! Can I have your number?").
The only way to discover if a guy is a nice guy is to see how he behaves and treats you.
E. None of the above. I would come up with something that was relevant to her. Failing that, I'd attempt something interesting. Failing THAT--and I'd be deep into brain freeze, here--I'd try to get a general ideal of what her story is: where she's coming from, where she think she's going, and what she's learned along the way.
it could be either A or C. but that's not anywhere near the deciding factor if a guy is a good guy or not. bad guys put on the good guy mask at first. and only time will wash the mask away and you'll be able to see the person as they truly are. if you see that mask start to disappear, be more aware of it and don't get too attached to this guy.. you will probably have to end it if it continues. if the mask doesn't wash away, he's a good guy worth staying with.
Well, if he's too forward and complimentary at first, you should be suspicious. In my opinion, guys that truly like you - not just for your looks, either - take time to get to know you and are quite shy (same as you would feel around your big crush). You might be flattered, but be careful.
I picked "Hey my name is ...", because it's a normal way to start a conversation. =P B and C aren't bad either (I think) but I wouldn't go for D ... it's a bit cheesy and too upfront. Plus, it sounds like he only cares about one thing.