• Ask
  • myTake

How would a good guy approach a girl?

These days it's men who have to do the chasing and ask the girl out, but so many just want one thing and it's hard to tell whose decent and whose not, because some may have a game plan and seem decent but few weeks down the line turn out to be a p****... So what would a decent guy say when his approaching a girl?

This question has a poll!

• Vote A Hey my name is.....
  • Vote B Wanna go out sometime?
  • Vote C Can I have your number?
  • Vote D You're hot!! what's your name?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• All of your options suck ass.. Here's whyA) "Hey my name is.."- This guy is boring! He's not very creative, and he's used to being nice to get things to work his way.. Highly favorable if you always pick guys from option D but I can gaurantee this relationship will not be thrilling emotionally or sexually in 90% of life.2) "Wanna go out sometime.."- This guy is used to logically approaching women; he's goal oriented and strives for his goal whole-heartedly (aka he's "pushy").. This guy may bring a different aspect to relationships over someone in the C category; but in the long run this guy could probably lose interest if you say "no" / "not yet" / etc.. If you are phrased with that question by a stranger, I could only pray you say: "I don't know you, why are you asking me on a date?"3) "Can I have your number.."- This guy likes lining things up for the future, he plans ahead a little; this is a good quality but it's not a "romantic quality".. Imagine if your guy just planned what to do in your relationship - where to go/what to eat/what movie you'd watch.. I personally would feel left out - to hold a romantic interest, you've gotta have both parties interact; so this guy is fairly far from the correct ideal.4) "You're hot! What's your name.."- Tattletale sign of a player. While it could be fun to flirt with him, I strongly recommend you don't. The reason being that you could end up falling for him (a player) and getting hurt; or you could end up leading him on to where he pursues you until he becomes a complete annoyance.--- And now for the proper ideal.The guy that NOTICES something about you or the situation your in, and uses that to approach you, is the guy that will treat you with the utmost feelings that are usually positive. No one's perfect, but this will be your closest match if you compare all of the other cases. Here's an example: You have spaghetti ingredients in your grocery cart and you're in line to check out.. He looks at you and says: "Spaghetti night? I bet you I'm a better cook.. *raises top ramen*".. Not only is it funny but it's also interactive and intellectual. He realizes you are cooking spaghetti, so he finds the humor in the situation, and applies it in a way that you can resist him like women "oh so commonly" do. This type of guy would fulfill both your emotional and physical needs in a larger percentile than anyone listed above; in my own opinion.But then again, I'm just a nerd who's studied his friends and local people for the last 6 years.. I wouldn't know anything ;)I hope it helps~ArtistBBoy

• Wow...very perceptive ArtistBboy..so how's your track record with women?

• Show Older
    • Wow at first I thought you was a snobby guy who thought he knew it all but that is so true(Y)

• Lol sorry for coming off wrong - but I speak my mind - hope I haven't offended ya ;)

What Guys Said 10

• E. None of the above. I would come up with something that was relevant to her. Failing that, I'd attempt something interesting. Failing THAT--and I'd be deep into brain freeze, here--I'd try to get a general ideal of what her story is: where she's coming from, where she think she's going, and what she's learned along the way.

• Exactly

• Actually it does not guarantee you're a good guy, y'know? It just means you're paying attention to the girl (or your prey, if you're a player lol) and you're clever... Being a good observer and clever does not necessarily means you're a good guy lol

• Never claimed to be a good guy--that's for her to decide--but good or not, attentive and clever beats clueless and dull seven days out of seven.

• Asking for her number doesn't work. You have to find it.

• Ask each potential suitor for a list of references (ex-girlfriends).

• If a girl asked me for that - I would say: "I don't do job interviews; when you decide to live your life get in touch"

• Show Older
    • LOL I saw the humor and got a chuckle out of it.

• Thanks!

• Why am I the only person that voted for C...i mean it seemed the most logical choice I could think of...gets the hard part out of the way...lol

• A guy did that to me once. It kind of caught me off guard and it wasn't comfortable at all. I thought he was nice, but I don't give my number to guys who didn't even bother to introduce themselves.

• Out of the options...i had to give it a shot lol

• it could be either A or C. but that's not anywhere near the deciding factor if a guy is a good guy or not. bad guys put on the good guy mask at first. and only time will wash the mask away and you'll be able to see the person as they truly are. if you see that mask start to disappear, be more aware of it and don't get too attached to this guy.. you will probably have to end it if it continues. if the mask doesn't wash away, he's a good guy worth staying with.

• I don't think there is a absolute way of proving if a guy is decent or a prick from the way he approaches you. I myself is very confident and I like to tease, some girls would say that I have the traits of a prick, but I am degree educated, I have a stable job earning great money, I have great friends, I am independent and I have life goals. But you would never know all that untill you got to know me alittle more. I think you have to trust your instinct, I would say that if your continually chasing, or the guy starts not caring for you - then that's the signs to get out of that relationship. But if he always wants to be with you, always has that ""I am so in love with you "" look in his eyes, and always compliments you, helps you out...then you have found a decent guy.

• Its very hard to find a guy that would come up to you and say 'Hey my name is...' That way to approach a woman would be a great way to do it, but for some reason guys choose other ways for approaching girl. Maybe the fear of rejection strikes them, so they feel that they have to make their approach in a more jokey way.. x

• @Sunset123x :: View my responses above to the answer: "A simple hello and not a pickup line"@ Freezey - I too live a similar lifestyle +1.. The examples below will be explained in a follow-up comment.Way 1: Girl drops a cup.. You say: "You are a superb stuntwoman, you can audition to work for me."Way 2: Girl drops a cup.. You say: "I didn't like that cup either, or was that your attempt at getting me to say hi? *smile*"

• Way 1 is completely arrogant and not funny.. It's more repulsive..Way 2 is fun and interactive.. it's more pleasant to be arround.The trick to teasing that most people don't understand; is that to tease you don't have to appear as a prick, if you are teasing a woman you are doing it in an obviously playful manor.. As if she "glared at you" and you "glared back".. Almost as if it's a dueling stance from long ago, it communicates characteristics in your personality very well to a woman.

• A...all the time. If she's also interested then we can start talking. If she isn't interested then she can just walk away.

• Well, you're not going to figure it out with one opening line. Not going to happen. In fact, I can easily see a scenario where the guy uses all of your lines at once ("You're hot! What's your name? That's cool - hey, my name is _____. Wanna go out sometime? Great! Can I have your number?").The only way to discover if a guy is a nice guy is to see how he behaves and treats you.

• A simple "Hello"and not a pick up line.

• That's the typical belief - but unfortunately our lives are boring... We live in a boring town, wake up to a boring life, take a shower in our boring house, and drive to work in our boring car... We want a little "thrill" in life.. A simple hello is boring. It doesn't actually apply the intellect of the bountiful information we have access to. You see, you can pick from your surroundings, from her attire, from yourself, or from her friends maybe even her car - and use that to introduce yourself

• A simple "hello" followed by, "My name is"; along with a smile and a common subject you initially notice and go with. Is that better?

What Girls Said 4

• a good guy will not just go up to a girl and get right down to it. you'd start off like a normal conversation otherwisse the girl will just think you're wanting to score.

• Where's E?

• Well, if he's too forward and complimentary at first, you should be suspicious. In my opinion, guys that truly like you - not just for your looks, either - take time to get to know you and are quite shy (same as you would feel around your big crush). You might be flattered, but be careful.I picked "Hey my name is ...", because it's a normal way to start a conversation. =P B and C aren't bad either (I think) but I wouldn't go for D ... it's a bit cheesy and too upfront. Plus, it sounds like he only cares about one thing.

• Maybe "Hi" not "Hey" would be better (for option A).