How long have you been single?

If you're single, how long have you been single? I am 21 and have been single for right at 2 years now, not by choice though.

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm almost 31 (will be on Monday) and I haven't had a proper relationship for probably about 2-3 years now. I've had a few summer flings but nothing long term. I don't really need a man as I can do most things myself and besides I enjoy trying the goods on more than actually buying them, if you know what I mean.I was engaged for 7 years during my twenties and feel I've missed a huge chunk of dating etc etc..plus what with my line of work its kinda hard to hold down a relationship so yeah..

• Happy early birthday!

• "Trying the goods on more than actually buying them".... lol good way of putting it.And happy early birthday :)

• Cheers my dears! xx

What Girls Said 8

• 20 going on 21 years :)

• Geez, surprised how many people here have been single their whole lives! why the smiley face? your proud of that?

• I like being single...of course I have nothing to compare it with

• So far twenty years. I'm aiming for twenty-five years because it's totally a cooler number.

• Whats your reason for being single so long?

• The reasons vary from year to year.But I guess the underlying reason is my parents have always stressed putting all my focus into school and personal projects and such. They've always told me to get an education first, get a good job so I can support myself, and then look into relationships. It's stuck with me and so far I've been perfectly content with the way things are so I figure I may as well stick with the idea of waiting.

• i am 19, and technically I have been "single" for 19 years! even though I have been unoffically dating guys since I was 15 haha.

• Just never found a guy good enough or what?

• I either wsn't interested enough in taking it further, or the guy was a jerk and it just kinda ended abruptly. there was always something that prevented us from having the official "girlfriend/boyfriend" talk haha. but I haven't been 100% single in years, I have only been like half-single lol.

• My whole life :)

• 21 and never dated officially...yeap. Was on and off mind games with a guy before who impacted me deeply, messed up my mind and stole my heart basically since I was 17..dont wanna think about dating anymore just wanna focus on career

• I've always been single.

• I'm 22 and have been single for 22 years! Though did have a friend with benefits for a few years

• 10 years for me! I'm 30 and haven't had a boyfriend since I was 20 :(

• I take it that's not by choice? What do you suppose the reason for that is? just wondering...

• I'm not sure really. When I was younger the guys that were attracted to me I didn't like, and the guys I liked didn't seem interested in me. Now it seems that all the men I'm interested in are either married or live with their girlfriends. The older you get, the harder it is to find someone.

What Guys Said 3

• 17

• My answer depends. I've had a couple of girlfriends before, but the last one was in middle school, in the 7th grade. I don't consider those relationships as they weren't serious or mature. So in that sense, I've never had a girlfriend. But if a person does count those, then it's been way more than years since then. I don't remember how old I was in 7th grade, but just to put it into perspective I turn 21 on the 22nd of this month. The answers you listed in the poll above are baffling to me. Are relationships that common to people?

• "Are relationships that common to people" -- yes. Out of ALL of my friends, acquaintances and coworkers, I am the only single one. (That's a lot of people...) When one of my friends breaks up with his girlfriend, they usually are already dating someone else after 3 months or so.I am 21 and have only had 1 girlfriend in my life, when I was 19 that lasted for about 3 months.

• See, I guess that's just weird to me. People seem to always have someone that they find to date after a very short while. Perhaps I don't get out very much at all lol

• over 2 months now since being single