• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when you catch a guy starring at you?

I am in college and I have a TA teaching one of my classes. I sit by the door so when he walks in he tries not to look at me ( you know you can tell one someone doesn't want to look at you) but when he starts to teach the class, I catch him looking at me constantly and we made eye contact several times. When someone else asks a question I catch him looking at them then he will take a quick glance at me and look back at them. I even catch him looking at me when I an writing stuff down then I look up we 90% of the time make eye contact. He is very cute but I won't act on anything while in college but I am just wondering if he is into me and what to do about it?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Most of the time, I'd say the constantly making eye contact is a clear indication that he's interested in you. However, since he's your TA and you're supervising his teaching, he's more likely just nervous. The fact that you supervise his teaching kinda suggests you don't trust him (even if it's required by your college). From what you said about the timing of his glances at you (when asked a question, for instance), he's just feeling a little insecure - probably not used to teaching - and is hoping you'll bail him out if he gets himself in trouble.If I were you, I'd let him know he's doing well, and see how he responds.

• Thank you

What Guys Said 1

• You're his boss and he's afraid he'll make a mistake in front of you?What passes between you and him during eye contact?

• We just stare at each other for a few seconds then he turns his head. I know he is a TA but I heard this is not his first semester teaching. so I am so confused.

What Girls Said 1

• making eye contact is a big way in which guys show they are into you, and if he is looking at you as much as this then he probably is. I think it's the best decision not to act though you or him could get into trouble with you being at college.

• I totally agree about not acting on it. I would not do anything to affect my schooling or get him in to trouble. It is just so weird that I catch him looking at me like this. I mean I know when your a teacher you need to make eye contact with students but this is kinda a lot don't ya think?