How long do guys wait to text a girl after giving her his number?

My crush and I have been sending at least 56 private messages back and forth to each other on facebook. He finally sent me a message with his number and he asked me to text him. I texted him so that he would have my number too. A day has past, I was going to wait for him to text me first, but he gave me his number so he's probably expecting me to. But if he doesn't text me, I am planning on texting him tonight. But how long would a guy wait to text a girl after giving her his number? And do you think he likes me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys are stupid and follow some arbitrary number of days to call or text a girl, its stupid. He doesn't want to appear clingy or needy because he thinks you won't like it. Just send him a text and Say "Hi, What's up?". If you want to talk to somebody just do it, If they think ill of you for wanting to talk then maybe they aren't the right person for you.

If the text convo goes beyond a few texts and it seems like he's not immediatly in the middle of something ask him to call you to continue the conversation.

If you guys have been talking on FB and he gave you his number, most likey he likes you.