What does "we are more than friends" mean?

what does it mean when a guy says that you're more than friends but not boyfriend and girlfriend. then when I asked him what that meant he said, "idk together"..then I said so were together but not together boyfriend and girlfriend and he said he's just as confused as I am and I asked him what he was confused about and he said "you". what is he so confused about?

is he like scared of a relationship or am I missing something else?

p.s..were definitely not fwb

What Guys Said 1

• Basically it means he needs more time to figure things out.

He wants more than friendship, and most likely wants to be bf+gf, but he only wants to "get there" once he is sure it's the right thing to do.

For example: if he is only getting to know you, he may need to be a little more sure that things are going to work out rather than end up being a short 1 month relationship.

Another example: if he had a recent breakup or something, he might want to be sure his feelings about his ex are gone, or that he is able to let his heart go in the way a girlfriend deserves.

He knows its too soon for you to be bf+gf, and believe it or not, it would be unfair to you to get there without him being ready. It'd be like a lie. So he is honest to you, even if that may have put him in a little bit of trouble or got you a little bit mad.

Just give him some time. when he asks you to move forward, it'll be for real, or if he ends things it'll be for the best.

What Girls Said 0