Why do men hate women?

I was reading this question & a girl asked what men think of women. All the men's responses were negative, all of them. They seemed to be very hostile against women & hold a lot resentment. Why do men hate women, what is it that they want from us?

link

Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not believe men actually hate women. When you ask me what I think of 'women', I think of a negative image because whenever someone discusses 'women' in general, it's either a man complaining about women, or women complaining about how women are so much better than men. So when a general question like that is asked, all the hell of battle of the sexes breaks loose.

And by the way I am totally against any kind of gender superior crap. Battle of the sexes is disgusting and sexist.

So I think if the responders actually thought of real women in their life, while there are the ones that hurt them, there are also the ones they love and forgot to mention. I suppose it would seem anti-male to talk about how great women are. Imagine if there was a question the same about men and the women started going "Men are so amazing, and we love them. They are such caring beautiful beings who are so good at fixing broken things...etc." Think what reactions that would get from angry feminists.

So newsflash: feminists are not the only humans who don't want to appear submissive to the other gender.

Feminists have also had another part to play in this. If a man said "We love women, women are tender and soft. They are such beautifully emotional beings who care for the home and hearth and children," then they would appear to be anti-feminist and oppressive to women.

So in short, there are two stereotypes to choose from: the traditional woman and the feminist woman. The former would make the man seem like he is an asshole, so the latter is chosen, but the latter is portrayed as unfriendly toward men, so they are not going to be friendly to her either.

And yes, they will choose a stereotype because it's a stereotype question. In reality, there is no one set of ideas that can characterise all women, same with men. Some are nice, some are not, etc.

Hope this helps :). WE DON'T ALL HATE YOU REALLY!

• most stereotypes, sadly?There's a REASON the stereotype exists in the first place, LMAO

oh, NO... not each and every one you meet will fit whatever stereotype exists for them, but... always a majority do, ha ha

I'm not bitter, I'm just a REALIST... men spend/spend/spend... do/do/do... and women just sit back and rake it all in... financially, presents, favors, emotionally... THEN they typically discard us for a richer, more slave-like replacement, LMAO... not ALL, but... *most do*

• yeah most of THE ONES YOU ACTUALLY WANT LOL

What Guys Said 65

• I'm married to a Venezuelan woman, so my experience is not mainstream. Most guys I know resent, dislike, or hate women to some extent though.

Maybe it's because they are mostly venal shopaholics who worship Don Trump and Israeli paratroopers and Obama's drones. They REALLY like drones, of course.

Sorry, but this is more or less how most guys feel, even if most of them are not going to admit it on a forum like this.

Be honest, what about women? Aren't they generally MORE hostile to men than we are to women? That's my experience, in general.

Sure it's not true among minority communities with a different culture, and that's a lot of people in the US. But among the dominant media culture in the US, no doubt it's mostly hostile, and that runs in BOTH directions! Don't blame it on guys, the women are at LEAST as hostile...probably more so, in my unscientific surveys.

Good for you exceptional women...

• I don't think most women worship Donald Trump, Israeli paratroopes & Obama drones (whatever this is)... Are you sure you're not confusing us with some weird chicks you dreamed about last night?

• Fembot

• Continuing: for two and a half years-even when she would attempt to speak to me I would bore holes through her.

Another female friend did to me one of the worst betrayals of all. I had befriended her following my survival of the Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004-she had appealed to me because of her interesting demeanour. In any case, I was at a very low ebb emotionally and was suffering post-traumatic stress syndrome and to that end, maybe in a moment of weakness, needed somebody who was sympathetic to that. The friendship seemed on a whole pretty good given the overlapping of mutual interests and the like; however it soured when she ultimately left overseas and upon deciding to return here-having talked it up to me and wanting to meet-did not even attempt to do so. I learned she did come back but only for a "f*** buddy" who had ruined her relationship with someone (driving this poor guy to attempt suicide) and did not even have the common decency to write an email at least stating she had come but couldn't see me-that was all I asked. Suffice to say I was bitterly disappointed but the kicker was when she wrote a pathetic one-line email apology for abandoning me. Initially I accepted it but upon further reflection rejected it and in no uncertain terms expressed the extent of my displeasure.

Following these bitter experiences-of which I neglected to mention there was one, when I was 12 where everything was invaded and which changed my demeanour/attitude permanently- I had been very cynical and came here seeking advice on how to rectify this. On a whole I have, barring a couple of exceptions-stupid girls who blocked me for whatever reasons they could conjure up-have been very blessed to speak to a great many girls who have gradually enabled me to let go of my rage and sense of rejection and become somewhat more positive, I'm indebted to them, albeit I'm still hesitant and self-conscious-but this will also be corrected in time.

I apologize for the essay(s) but I felt it maybe prudent I offered my experiences thus allowing people to appreciate how one person can be compelled to hate females.

• Don't apologize. You seem very intelligent, I'm impressed! I hope you find a great girl, you deserve it! By the way, you are not ugly.

• I stumbled on this question months late, but this was amazing. GaG is mainly stupid fun, but you know, I _have_ learned some good stuff here, I hope most of us have. It was amazing to read what you wrote.

• Instead of caving in to defensiveness, how about expressing gratefulness to the Lord above that she revealed herself to you before you made a lifelong commitment? We (men) need to learn how to let it go--"control" should not and will never be a part of a loving relationship. Further, the need to control someone unmasks your fear of losing--a very negative approach to living life.

• I can't generalise but I can speak for myself-I used to hate women, with an intense range that was all-consuming. As to my reasons- I was subjected to monstrous treatment from childhood where I was told constantly by females that I was unattractive and would never attract anyone or make friends with females; I was made to feel worthless and that scarred me emotionally. As a precocious child I had no one to relate to and females in my age bracket were extremely judgmental and would either ridicule me or avoid me completely.

Subsequently, in high-school I had no relations with them given my school did not go co-ed until senior high-there were momentary interactions with them but nothing tangible giving how transient they were; but one memory sticks in my mind-of a "dance" if you like where I was goaded to go and saw I was one of the pathetic few without any female interest. In senior-high I attempted to be personable but was rebuffed because of slanderous lies against my person whereby it was alleged I was a psychopath intent on massacring people at the end of high-school and so forth; my preference in music did me no favours either but that is symptomatic of the average, stupid, judgmental teenage girl. There was also a further altercation whereby said stupid teenage girls misconstrued a conversation of which they were not privy to, nor were being spoken of, I was having with friends in a class and I was vilified also. To that end I avoided any social activities with them like one would Bubonic Plague and I didn't go to, use the American turn-of-phrase, proms or anything like that.

Going onto university I again attempted to make friendly relations with females but these were spectacularly disastrous given their immaturity, duplicity and dishonourable acts; one changed completely believing I had "made a pass" at her for congratulating her for getting a job, mind you I was wholly aware of her being in a relationship -in which case she then had the temerity to think I was avoiding her and jeopardising my education as a result, when I was merely in another class on another day-suffice to say I was furious when she SMSed me that and I responded that "the smallest of my farts deserved more attention than her"-crass I know but effective; her latter act of trying to appeal to me through a mutual friend purporting to like me as a friend saw me further enraged and I summed up the situation to him as "friends don't do that to friends"-I never forget the date it all happened-May 23, 2003.

Another would use me for her benefit in Japanese and ultimately attempt to step all over me-there was a situation where I had not heard from her for a time and being the chivalrous, and idiotic boob I was, SMSed her asking how she had been etc.-she rebuked me stating that I was "not her boyfriend" to which I was naturally bemused and angered by this. She attempted to apologize and I accepted-wary of her intentions. She then attempted the same tricks and I ignored her

• If it hasn't already been suggested, how about seeking some professional therapy to resolve these burning, apparently unforgivable injuries to yourself?

• Yeah you can't have a black and white answer from a grey question like that. Depends on the female role models the men have in their lives. Also, men will generally answer that question based on the women they meet in their lives. Usually, we don't meet nice women in general. Same as women don't meet nice men in general. That's why men think all women are bitches and women think all men are dogs. It's how we eventually meet the right person because we have so many not so right people to help us know what the right person will be when we eventually do meet them.

Also, that question is a pretty loaded question as AdamBH gave and observation of. If you answer it in one way or another, you're going to be labelled as either chauvinistic or "whipped" and a poof. That question, in itself, is probably why guys are got so negative to her about women. It's a dangerous question that makes us have to choose a side about how women should be and that's not fair for any guy. But I do see where she is coming from with that type of question and I don't think she meant it to be a loaded one. Guys aren't very cut-n-dry as society would lead people to believe.

• these guys are just jaded from past failures with women that they don't yet realize are actually their own fault!

when you take responsibility for your own life and what happens to you, you don't hate anyone.

More from Guys
60

What Girls Said 17

• Honestly, I think there are a large amount of men who behave badly and a large amount of women who behave badly. There's a large amount of PEOPLE who behave badly.

We're all shaped by the same societal pressures. We live in a world where everything is telling us to be superficial, materialistic, competitive. To look out for ourselves and to be willing to step on whoever it takes to get to the top. But we don't want to seem like bad people, so we lie and justify our actions so that we have the guise of being good, caring, selfless people.

It becomes a male versus female thing because:

1. Men and women have different social pressures to behave in certain ways, so these bad behaviours may take different shapes. It leads to men having a better understanding of the actions of other men, but not understanding the actions of women (and vice versa).

2. A huge goal for most people is to find a significant other. We tend to have higher expectations for a partner than we do for friends, so you're willing to overlook more about your same-sex friends than about potential romantic partners. What I mean is, most people are happy to have lots of friends, but are only looking for one significant other---so that one person has to be the "right" person. You don't have as high expectations for people of the same sex because you don't want as much from them, but you do look at members of the opposite sex much more critically.

People are really good at holding other people to high standards, but what they need to do is to start holding themselves to higher standards. Look critically at your own behavior and think, "Would I want someone else to treat me this way?" Try honesty instead of game-playing. Try to be empathetic to the people around you. If you're looking for a certain quality in a partner, take a look at yourself ask if you have that quality yourself. You want a partner who is honest, confident, loving, trustworthy? Be that person yourself first.

• Sorry, I mean "take a look at yourself AND ask if you have that quality yourself."

• i was going to say something similar but you said it very well

• not all of them I think, but most of them.

'cause they think of a woman as a sexual partner...

and maybe because woman are very emotional, immature and impatient and they hate it...

BUT IN SPITE ALL THAT, THEY

ARE FORGIVING, LOVING, CARING, AND FAITHFUL..

ONCE THEY CHOOSE YOU, IT WOULD ALWAYS BE YOU..!

• Actually, women mature faster then men...

• Jager66: I think that both sexes display their emotional immaturity on a daily basis.

• as great as those later qualities are, they end up very spoiled and stupid because you end up being loyal, forgiving and faithfull to the BIG COCK ASSHOLE GRUNT that got his penis in the door by being a prick. Your emotional nature did not let you see the perhaps awkward at times desperate nice guy who wanted your cooch. So now the good guy's turning bitter and jaded, and the well-played asshole PUA is being forgiven. Shaking my daamn head.

• Most of the guys on here are bitter and angry about their lack of success with women have this dislike/hatred and bitterness towards women.They whine and complain about their failures yet do nothing about it.I'm referring to the guys on this site,not all,but a majority

• Do you think most men don't actually feel this way then, it's just the men on this website who are woman haters?

• well, even women are so cruel to each other.

• you are right on so many levels.

• A lot of guys on here have had bad experiences with girls, that's why they're on this website, to ask questions in order to understand us better. Most of them just whine about us though.

• LOL

• Hmm... one might say that the women here have done the same... asking a question and complaining that all men hate women... and how big of pig every last man is because of a few bad apples.

I love women, BTW. ;-)

• This is a great site to let out our frustrations as well as our progressive thoughts. The guys that are posting hostile responses likely have no real experience with women (meaning they haven't gone through a relationship where they really learned something about themselves as well as about the opposite sex) I've hated men... we all have. But, with my experience, I've learned you have to take the bad with the good and appreciate your differences to the opposite sex rather than dismiss them. I could say 50 bad things... or I could turn them into 50 things that make us different and instead list 50 more good things that I love about men. They just need to get over themselves a little... they are probly just frustrated... or else they wouldn't be on this site in the first place.

More from Girls
12