Why do men hate women?

I was reading this question & a girl asked what men think of women. All the men's responses were negative, all of them. They seemed to be very hostile against women & hold a lot resentment. Why do men hate women, what is it that they want from us? link Thanks

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I do not believe men actually hate women. When you ask me what I think of 'women', I think of a negative image because whenever someone discusses 'women' in general, it's either a man complaining about women, or women complaining about how women are so much better than men. So when a general question like that is asked, all the hell of battle of the sexes breaks loose. And by the way I am totally against any kind of gender superior crap. Battle of the sexes is disgusting and sexist.So I think if the responders actually thought of real women in their life, while there are the ones that hurt them, there are also the ones they love and forgot to mention. I suppose it would seem anti-male to talk about how great women are. Imagine if there was a question the same about men and the women started going "Men are so amazing, and we love them. They are such caring beautiful beings who are so good at fixing broken things...etc." Think what reactions that would get from angry feminists.So newsflash: feminists are not the only humans who don't want to appear submissive to the other gender.Feminists have also had another part to play in this. If a man said "We love women, women are tender and soft. They are such beautifully emotional beings who care for the home and hearth and children," then they would appear to be anti-feminist and oppressive to women.So in short, there are two stereotypes to choose from: the traditional woman and the feminist woman. The former would make the man seem like he is an asshole, so the latter is chosen, but the latter is portrayed as unfriendly toward men, so they are not going to be friendly to her either.And yes, they will choose a stereotype because it's a stereotype question. In reality, there is no one set of ideas that can characterise all women, same with men. Some are nice, some are not, etc.Hope this helps :). WE DON'T ALL HATE YOU REALLY!

• most stereotypes, sadly?There's a REASON the stereotype exists in the first place, LMAOoh, NO... not each and every one you meet will fit whatever stereotype exists for them, but... always a majority do, ha haI'm not bitter, I'm just a REALIST... men spend/spend/spend... do/do/do... and women just sit back and rake it all in... financially, presents, favors, emotionally... THEN they typically discard us for a richer, more slave-like replacement, LMAO... not ALL, but... *most do*

• yeah most of THE ONES YOU ACTUALLY WANT LOL

What Guys Said 64

• I'm married to a Venezuelan woman, so my experience is not mainstream. Most guys I know resent, dislike, or hate women to some extent though.Maybe it's because they are mostly venal shopaholics who worship Don Trump and Israeli paratroopers and Obama's drones. They REALLY like drones, of course.Sorry, but this is more or less how most guys feel, even if most of them are not going to admit it on a forum like this.Be honest, what about women? Aren't they generally MORE hostile to men than we are to women? That's my experience, in general. Sure it's not true among minority communities with a different culture, and that's a lot of people in the US. But among the dominant media culture in the US, no doubt it's mostly hostile, and that runs in BOTH directions! Don't blame it on guys, the women are at LEAST as hostile...probably more so, in my unscientific surveys.Good for you exceptional women...

• I don't think most women worship Donald Trump, Israeli paratroopes & Obama drones (whatever this is)... Are you sure you're not confusing us with some weird chicks you dreamed about last night?

• Show Older
    • hehe

• Fembot

• playing games with our minds

• I don't hate women but I really hate generalizations such as this that women make about men.

• Don't we all hate generalizations? I think she was just responding to the overwhelmingly negative, generalized answers men had made to the other question, so I wouldn't judge her too harshly for asking a generalized question in return. At least she had an example to back her up- though she might have phrased her question differently, I'd still consider it a valid one.

• why? I want to answer what are you going to do about it huh?. This is why I don't like women, stop being so controlling!

• cause women get everything their way, and they are spoiled... women are always using their "weak and feminism" image to get in the easy way. and women could hate, tease, bother, humiliate, degrade, criticized, us but we can do shyt back

• thats easy we ant to be treated with equality. we gave it to you when you asked for it so now its your turn.

• This is the internet, the place where whackos and nut jobs gravitate to each other and reinforce their own twisted views in isolation and anonymity. You should never, ever read something on the internet and assume it reflects the opinion of an entire group of people.

• I don't hate woman, though I don't really trust them.

• "Men" <- Generalizing. Quit it. Seriously. It's a two way street. Some guys do. Some girls do. Not every single damn one of us. There's about 6.5 billion men in the world. When you say "men" you talk about every single one of them. You're not helping anyone by creating a bias in your mind or others.

• They want you all to take your heads out of your asses and stop being stupid.

• because you're all crazy...

• Continuing: for two and a half years-even when she would attempt to speak to me I would bore holes through her.Another female friend did to me one of the worst betrayals of all. I had befriended her following my survival of the Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004-she had appealed to me because of her interesting demeanour. In any case, I was at a very low ebb emotionally and was suffering post-traumatic stress syndrome and to that end, maybe in a moment of weakness, needed somebody who was sympathetic to that. The friendship seemed on a whole pretty good given the overlapping of mutual interests and the like; however it soured when she ultimately left overseas and upon deciding to return here-having talked it up to me and wanting to meet-did not even attempt to do so. I learned she did come back but only for a "f*** buddy" who had ruined her relationship with someone (driving this poor guy to attempt suicide) and did not even have the common decency to write an email at least stating she had come but couldn't see me-that was all I asked. Suffice to say I was bitterly disappointed but the kicker was when she wrote a pathetic one-line email apology for abandoning me. Initially I accepted it but upon further reflection rejected it and in no uncertain terms expressed the extent of my displeasure.Following these bitter experiences-of which I neglected to mention there was one, when I was 12 where everything was invaded and which changed my demeanour/attitude permanently- I had been very cynical and came here seeking advice on how to rectify this. On a whole I have, barring a couple of exceptions-stupid girls who blocked me for whatever reasons they could conjure up-have been very blessed to speak to a great many girls who have gradually enabled me to let go of my rage and sense of rejection and become somewhat more positive, I'm indebted to them, albeit I'm still hesitant and self-conscious-but this will also be corrected in time.I apologize for the essay(s) but I felt it maybe prudent I offered my experiences thus allowing people to appreciate how one person can be compelled to hate females.

• Don't apologize. You seem very intelligent, I'm impressed! I hope you find a great girl, you deserve it! By the way, you are not ugly.

• Show Older
    • I stumbled on this question months late, but this was amazing. GaG is mainly stupid fun, but you know, I _have_ learned some good stuff here, I hope most of us have. It was amazing to read what you wrote.

• Instead of caving in to defensiveness, how about expressing gratefulness to the Lord above that she revealed herself to you before you made a lifelong commitment? We (men) need to learn how to let it go--"control" should not and will never be a part of a loving relationship. Further, the need to control someone unmasks your fear of losing--a very negative approach to living life.

• I can't generalise but I can speak for myself-I used to hate women, with an intense range that was all-consuming. As to my reasons- I was subjected to monstrous treatment from childhood where I was told constantly by females that I was unattractive and would never attract anyone or make friends with females; I was made to feel worthless and that scarred me emotionally. As a precocious child I had no one to relate to and females in my age bracket were extremely judgmental and would either ridicule me or avoid me completely. Subsequently, in high-school I had no relations with them given my school did not go co-ed until senior high-there were momentary interactions with them but nothing tangible giving how transient they were; but one memory sticks in my mind-of a "dance" if you like where I was goaded to go and saw I was one of the pathetic few without any female interest. In senior-high I attempted to be personable but was rebuffed because of slanderous lies against my person whereby it was alleged I was a psychopath intent on massacring people at the end of high-school and so forth; my preference in music did me no favours either but that is symptomatic of the average, stupid, judgmental teenage girl. There was also a further altercation whereby said stupid teenage girls misconstrued a conversation of which they were not privy to, nor were being spoken of, I was having with friends in a class and I was vilified also. To that end I avoided any social activities with them like one would Bubonic Plague and I didn't go to, use the American turn-of-phrase, proms or anything like that. Going onto university I again attempted to make friendly relations with females but these were spectacularly disastrous given their immaturity, duplicity and dishonourable acts; one changed completely believing I had "made a pass" at her for congratulating her for getting a job, mind you I was wholly aware of her being in a relationship -in which case she then had the temerity to think I was avoiding her and jeopardising my education as a result, when I was merely in another class on another day-suffice to say I was furious when she SMSed me that and I responded that "the smallest of my farts deserved more attention than her"-crass I know but effective; her latter act of trying to appeal to me through a mutual friend purporting to like me as a friend saw me further enraged and I summed up the situation to him as "friends don't do that to friends"-I never forget the date it all happened-May 23, 2003.Another would use me for her benefit in Japanese and ultimately attempt to step all over me-there was a situation where I had not heard from her for a time and being the chivalrous, and idiotic boob I was, SMSed her asking how she had been etc.-she rebuked me stating that I was "not her boyfriend" to which I was naturally bemused and angered by this. She attempted to apologize and I accepted-wary of her intentions. She then attempted the same tricks and I ignored her

• If it hasn't already been suggested, how about seeking some professional therapy to resolve these burning, apparently unforgivable injuries to yourself?

• well at least most women in U.S. think superior to men which they are socially and legally. in general they are just scum, they refuses to responsibilty for there actions, they lie about stuff like being raped and ruin people lives, lie about a guy beatin them, minipulate feeling and people to get what they want, ect. men aren't perfect either but in general are nothing like females in the U.S. yes this a generalization based on my whole life (not just my personal expiriences) and not stereotype. I have a close female friend so obviously there are exceptions.

• I'm an American woman who grew up with boys and always loved hanging around men. Men are so much fun (if you're not dating or married to one, lol). I have 2 boy and just love their boyness. I don't feel superior to men. I get disgusted by the games that a lot of Am women play, how they screw over men in family court and feel entitled to sit home and collect their man's money. Please realize that not all Am women are like that. There are a lot of us cool chicks around.

• Show Older
    • i agree with polyglotmom I was raised with guys and barely have any gfs at all I hate women like she describes but there are drama queens like that. I personally would never do that to a man make him work and take half his sh*t to me if I didn't work for it its not mine...just goes to show how being raised with guys makes you that much more prepared fpr all the things chicks do to them...and how not to do that to your man. I love men but I love to hate em too...( in a good way)

• that was a pretty intense comment and I'm glad to hear it

• I know you said its closed but I think I could give you some real answers...and I wouldn't say I hate women...but I will say that...I distrust many of them and have negative view of many of them and I could tell you why if your intetrested and don't want to hear just simple answers like "o their mad because they got cheated on" etc etc...its more complex than that...I would say I resnt a lot of women for some reasons but I would never claim to hate an entire gender simply because of problem with some of them. of course, some of the problems I have with women seem to be with MOST women, that I've encountered in my life. So, if you give me the go ahead, I can write another answer here...or You could message./friend me so I could talk with you about it over chat.

• Yeah you can't have a black and white answer from a grey question like that. Depends on the female role models the men have in their lives. Also, men will generally answer that question based on the women they meet in their lives. Usually, we don't meet nice women in general. Same as women don't meet nice men in general. That's why men think all women are bitches and women think all men are dogs. It's how we eventually meet the right person because we have so many not so right people to help us know what the right person will be when we eventually do meet them.Also, that question is a pretty loaded question as AdamBH gave and observation of. If you answer it in one way or another, you're going to be labelled as either chauvinistic or "whipped" and a poof. That question, in itself, is probably why guys are got so negative to her about women. It's a dangerous question that makes us have to choose a side about how women should be and that's not fair for any guy. But I do see where she is coming from with that type of question and I don't think she meant it to be a loaded one. Guys aren't very cut-n-dry as society would lead people to believe.

• I myself have never had much luck (no luck) in the dating department,for that reason I have decided to stay single. But I don't hate women,not a single ill thought. However, I'm disappointed in their seeming lack of common sense when it comes to relationship-decision making (like my sister for example).

• these guys are just jaded from past failures with women that they don't yet realize are actually their own fault!when you take responsibility for your own life and what happens to you, you don't hate anyone.

• Thank you

• exactly how I would of put it

• because we love them, and it makes us weak, and when you surrender to that weakness and fully love a woman, she feels that weakness, and she is attracted to power. Can't love a woman, but we want to, that's the curse.

• because women can cheat on men and justify it in their minds

• And, so can men... What's your point?

• there is no way to justify it hun if you cheated you cheated there's never an excuse because if you didn't like the person your with enough to cheat on them then you shpuld of just broke up with that person I believe...and I'm not saying you in generall just sayin

• Not all guys hate women.Probly a lot of guys have been hurt by women that's why they say they hate women.I never hated women but how I view women has changed a lot after dating my ex.I really do not trust them any more.I do think women have to much power and us guys really can not say or do much,I lost a child because the women that I dated turned out to being a lying cheating whore.

• unless you learn from the experience, and learn what women really want (there are some great articles on this site in the article section) and how they think, you will set yourself up to be used/cheated on again. its human nature to take advantage of people who let themselves be taken advantage of. I'm sure there where tons of red flags in your relationship that would have let you know what was coming if you had paid attention.

• I don't hate women. Theirs just things that I don't like about some, but I don't hate women.

• Personally, I love women. Seriously, I'm kindof "girl-crazy." But that's just me. I can't stand some women, but that's because either they're really annoying or because they've hurt me in some way. However, I still like being around them because, well, I'm girl-crazy.

• Men hate women when he gets cheated by women and has ruined his life because of that gender.

• i rated you because of your avater... the ICON

• check out some of the articles on this site, and you will understand better why this happens

• Most women these days act as if they should be worshipped simply for owning a vagina. They have no real interests; they mostly just gossip, badmouth people, and waste time in general. They're usually very fat and frequently unhygienic. They can't cook, clean or do anything of value and truly believe their guy should do all that just to get sex. They spend most of their copious free time planted in front of a television letting their mind atrophy and their butt expand.The results of this are clear. Divorce rates are up, marriage rates are down, and women -- not men -- are complaining about difficulty marrying. Rather than growing up, white women are looking more and more toward minority races for guys who will pedestalize them, as white guys are increasingly aware, and sick of, the "Princess" routine. It's particularly disgusting when you see women in their 60s and even 70s still acting and dressing like teenagers. "Cougars", they've come to be called, though I just call them disgusting. Grow up, seriously.

• i hate arrogant women, but I love women in General

• i loooove women. I don't see how anyone could hate women. they are beautiful and funny and awesome. sometimes their drama is annoying but that's the only downside.

• They are just the rednecks on GaG. I wonder what existence would be without the female.

• sorry but I personally love women and those guys were just being d***s

• You are awesome!

• lol thanks

• Because most of them are bi polar day to day.

• There not the only ones...

• right it seems like most of em are these days...well at least there are some good ones were just hard to find

• Show More

What Girls Said 17

• Honestly, I think there are a large amount of men who behave badly and a large amount of women who behave badly. There's a large amount of PEOPLE who behave badly.We're all shaped by the same societal pressures. We live in a world where everything is telling us to be superficial, materialistic, competitive. To look out for ourselves and to be willing to step on whoever it takes to get to the top. But we don't want to seem like bad people, so we lie and justify our actions so that we have the guise of being good, caring, selfless people. It becomes a male versus female thing because:1. Men and women have different social pressures to behave in certain ways, so these bad behaviours may take different shapes. It leads to men having a better understanding of the actions of other men, but not understanding the actions of women (and vice versa). 2. A huge goal for most people is to find a significant other. We tend to have higher expectations for a partner than we do for friends, so you're willing to overlook more about your same-sex friends than about potential romantic partners. What I mean is, most people are happy to have lots of friends, but are only looking for one significant other---so that one person has to be the "right" person. You don't have as high expectations for people of the same sex because you don't want as much from them, but you do look at members of the opposite sex much more critically.People are really good at holding other people to high standards, but what they need to do is to start holding themselves to higher standards. Look critically at your own behavior and think, "Would I want someone else to treat me this way?" Try honesty instead of game-playing. Try to be empathetic to the people around you. If you're looking for a certain quality in a partner, take a look at yourself ask if you have that quality yourself. You want a partner who is honest, confident, loving, trustworthy? Be that person yourself first.

• Sorry, I mean "take a look at yourself AND ask if you have that quality yourself."

• i was going to say something similar but you said it very well

• A lot of guys on here have had bad experiences with girls, that's why they're on this website, to ask questions in order to understand us better. Most of them just whine about us though.

• LOL

• Hmm... one might say that the women here have done the same... asking a question and complaining that all men hate women... and how big of pig every last man is because of a few bad apples.I love women, BTW. ;-)

• not all men hate woman that's stupied

• This question is closed dear, I don't need more answers. Thanks anyway, but I closed this question weeks ago.

• i don't think they hate us but I think some lose respect for women cos of some of the crazy stuff they do

• not all of them I think, but most of them.'cause they think of a woman as a sexual partner...and maybe because woman are very emotional, immature and impatient and they hate it...BUT IN SPITE ALL THAT, THEYARE FORGIVING, LOVING, CARING, AND FAITHFUL..ONCE THEY CHOOSE YOU, IT WOULD ALWAYS BE YOU..!

• Actually, women mature faster then men...

• Show Older
    • Jager66: I think that both sexes display their emotional immaturity on a daily basis.

• as great as those later qualities are, they end up very spoiled and stupid because you end up being loyal, forgiving and faithfull to the BIG COCK ASSHOLE GRUNT that got his penis in the door by being a prick. Your emotional nature did not let you see the perhaps awkward at times desperate nice guy who wanted your cooch. So now the good guy's turning bitter and jaded, and the well-played asshole PUA is being forgiven. Shaking my daamn head.

• as crazy as it may seem I think most women called it on themselves. Many women need to respect themselves b4 anyone will respect them. That does not excuse some guys behavior in any way. The sleeping around and everything that SOME do is too much. Respecting yourself speaks volumes to anyone else. Besides that some guys are jerks by nature and I think they follow thier friends or what they think is cool. GUYS LOVE TO IMPRESS THIER FRIENDS! A lot of guys still get what they want regardless of the disrespect they have b because most women let them! As result they continue. You have to respect and love you first!

• Most of the guys on here are bitter and angry about their lack of success with women have this dislike/hatred and bitterness towards women.They whine and complain about their failures yet do nothing about it.I'm referring to the guys on this site,not all,but a majority

• Do you think most men don't actually feel this way then, it's just the men on this website who are woman haters?

• Show Older
    • well, even women are so cruel to each other.

• you are right on so many levels.

• This is a great site to let out our frustrations as well as our progressive thoughts. The guys that are posting hostile responses likely have no real experience with women (meaning they haven't gone through a relationship where they really learned something about themselves as well as about the opposite sex) I've hated men... we all have. But, with my experience, I've learned you have to take the bad with the good and appreciate your differences to the opposite sex rather than dismiss them. I could say 50 bad things... or I could turn them into 50 things that make us different and instead list 50 more good things that I love about men. They just need to get over themselves a little... they are probly just frustrated... or else they wouldn't be on this site in the first place.

• Well, I admit that I have had issues with men myself, like every other woman out there. Most men don't see what a wonderful person I am, don't bother to really get to know me and don't see me as worth more than a good time or a FWB. Since I'm abstinent, it's just one more reason for men to reject me. Because of the way I'm built, men assume I'm this undercover whore or tramp who goes around hooking with every guy I meet because I wear sweats and don't dress up or wear makeup and keep to myself; the truth is I am always alone. No one approaches me and when I approach guys, they assume I just want to hook up and I don't. Even the average and below-average looking guys want a woman who looks like she's in the running for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover or centerfold spread and while I am attractive, I'm not attractive enough to be seen with, so they want to take me out late at night and sit in the back of some dive and hide me and walk ahead of me so no one thinks we're together. I have more self respect than to let a man treat me like that. A lot of times people tend to treat the next one they meet based on how they themselves were treated by the last one--remember the girl who "laid down the law" on the first date about how she wasn't going to put up with cheating or lying or laziness?--and that isn't right. I used to do that, but I stopped; however I no longer date. Dating is supposed to be fun, but I don't find it fun for a man to ask me for sex on the first date. I don't ask for money on the first date. That's tacky. Just remember that not all women hurt or mistreated you; judge them not on the merits of others, but on their own.

• from what I know..men LOVE women!

• yes, men do love women... if not, there's something mighty Brokeback going on.

• men hate women probably for the same reasons some women hate men:1. they lie2. they cheat3. they lie under pressure4. they are conceited and arrogant, and self centered and manipulative5. they steal and they complain way too much if they don't get their wayblah blah blahand some times women do this too.I try not to ofcourse but I have caught my guy doing this sh*t.dang, people get some morals! stop doing gay sh*t.

• The thing about asking questions like that is answering is optional. The results are so biased because you can decide whether or not to answer and those who decide to answer usually have a very strong opinion on what they're saying. Take surveys on receipts for example, if you had a really bad experience you might go out of your way to take the time to go to the website and complain (same if it was amazing) but if it was just so-so then you're less likely to take all that time and effort just to say it was OK. If you want the honest answer guys probably aren't gonna answer rambling about how much they love women, women probably wouldn't do it either (atleast I wouldn't).

• Good Point!

• "question is closed" hahahahahahahahaha NO! ICANANSWERONWHATEVERQUESTIONIWANTNow to answer your closed question, men hate woman like you!

• Okay I know exactly what you mean. I mean my dad was very hostile showed much hatred or disdain for me and my mother, and abused us, etc. I asked myself this question in general many times. The thing is, I try not to view it as "men" that hate women. It's just individuals that are guys, that maybe the woman they are with or whatever, it's just not meant-to-be, or working out, life is just so unpredictable. Women can be opressed by their husbands, but not every husband will do that, which I know that. But I grew into this world, thinking I did something wrong, with the way my father treated me, etc. But I'm saying the hatred can be controlled by the person who bears it, even if it derives from another source. So women or men that both show hatred or disdain for someone is control of their actions. We all have a choice. Even though women and men are very different, we are still the same in so many ways we both hurt and we can both love. People just have to try to see the whole picture, than just their part of the whole picture. We got to look and both women and men's point of view based on the situation, we have to justify the means. I found this question very interesting, and I hoped somehow I contributed my opinion in a good way to this question.

• Great Answer, if I hadn't already given best answer, I'd give it to you!

• i think you mean 'why do men on the internet hate women'. they are a different kind of man, the ones that write those things hate women because they're nerdy computer types who were never looked at by the pretty girls in high school, and they want revenge!

• I'm a nerdy computer type that wasn't looked at by pretty girls in high school and I adore women (except the crazy ones I dated). The misogynists on this site are something totally different.

• Men hate women because of past experiences and they let their judgment be clouded and tainted. It's ridiculous. It's like letting one bad apple spoil the whole barrel or however it goes.

• ..the exact same reason why women hate men.

• Show Older
    • irykiryk- People can't handle the truth, so they downsize it

• so true.. and vice versa.

• It's because those who answer questions online is not an accurate sampling of all males. Only those with an axe to grind will bother responding to such a question. Most normal guys wouldn't bother. And the vocal but small minority will always be the loudest in such situations.Just like every time someone asks a question regarding race, crazy racists will crawl out of the woodworks. Some of these people like to specifically look for certain topics just to trash it.

• that is so true!