Why are men so tempted by women?

If I happen to see a very attractive man, I don't lose control or even lust after him. I just acknowledge he is attractive & forget he is even there. I might approach him if he seems like a cool guy, but he doesn't have this power over me... But with men, men seem to have a power over them.... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• First things first... women are more attractive. Ain't not parts on a guy I'm interested in. Just saying, but movin along:

We live in, and always have lived in a culture where the guy has to pursue the woman. Its been that way for ever, and will probably be continued to be taught as such. Women can talk to a guy and get him without a problem half the time and its OK. Just a little tease, or even just a smile. Guys have to work and go after the woman, and often times it simply just feels natural... since people like Nick Sparks ruin it for guys by making the standard so high (omg the notebook, now I have to dance with her in the rain and lay in the middle of the street to show her I love her?), guys don't think twice, they just do it because its expected. Women tend to play hard to get much more than men do (not to say men don't do it either, but in percentage... women have us beat there...); and if you really find her attractive, you've got to work for it.

Now adays you can't even get her name without bending over backwards and doing her list of demands.

That and yeah... men are probably sippin vodka, since you know... women don't apparently do that.

• I think it's more than just what the cuture expects. I'm talking about how men seem to have this weakness for women. Some of the most powerful men that lived were destroyed by their sexual desire for a woman. Julius Caesar & Mark Antony were murdered because they were blinded with passion for Cleopatra. Many other great men were brought down by women... Don't take this the wrong way, but men seem to be weaker when it comes to sex. They really desire sex, & will risk a lot to get it.

• If you're talking about men like that it is because their personality type is they see something they want and will do whatever it takes to get it.

• Well not to seem rude, but women can almost get sex from any guy, not so much for men (minus the few "players" out there). I mean... a guy can only go but so far with his hand, lol. But jokes aside... people get murdered for all kinds of things, and many men will kill for their desires. Its called greed. Women, money, fame, and even success have come at the cost of one's life. Sex isn't the weakness, its the greed that make men weak.