Guys, what do you think of your girlfriend hanging out with guys a lot?

I'm seeing this guy right now, and I told him from the start that most of my best friends are boys. I've gone to school with most of them for twelve years, I see all of them as friends/brothers. He is jealous...and he keeps saying "well, what would you do if all I did was hang out with girls all the time" and I just keep thinking...if they are your friends STRICTLY friends..then I wouldn't care, because you have to have trust in the person you're dating..that things wouldn't go farther then that. So, if you had a girlfriend/partner that was in my situation, how would you react? Would you be jealous? What would you want your girlfriend to do? Thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well just like you said, if they were strictly friends and if I was able to place my trust in her (meaning, if she hasn't done something iffy before), then it would just be whatever. A lot of the time what guys are uneasy with are these other guys, not you. I'm not defending him or any guys jealous behavior because it really does cause problems, but guys know what other guys are thinking and just the things they do. This is what makes most guys uneasy, I'm sure your boyfriend trusts that you're with him for a reason.

But yeah, if there was trust between us then I would think that her group of friends are guys.

What Guys Said 1

• I did, and it was killer, but I knew it was just me being jealous and I tried my best to trust her. She did almost leave me once for one of them, but the others were all cool and when we hung out I ended up liking almost all of them. (Except the one that tried to steal her)

As long as you aren't openly (ore secretly) flirting with them, just introduce them and have you all hang out and he should get used to it. =) Be patient, but if he doesn't get better, I'd say you can find better. =)

What Girls Said 1

• ... okay, ik know that I'm not a guy and all but I'm in kind of the same situation:

My boyfriend has a lot of female friends and I have a lot of guy friends. He gets jealous of them all the time, even my gay friends. However, he still talks about how hot he thinks his female friends are, which pisses me off and gets me jealous and then he gets mad at me for being jealous. Which is super hypocritical.

But, anyways, if your guy is jealous of that kind of stuff, then he's going to turn it into a double standard. It's really hard to change a guys mind when it comes to jealousy