Why do some ugly girls get more attention from guys than me?

i am not gorgeous but I am definately better looking than most of them!

could you please try to explain what attracts in a girl?

and girls, does any one of you have this same issue? how do you deal with it?

all opinions are appreciated :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty is very subjective. In your eyes, you could be far prettier than these girls that you see getting all the attention. But the girl you call 'ugly' could be gorgeous in the eyes of the guy who's talking to her. If it's easier to grasp this way, think of it in terms of celebrities. I personally think Megan Fox is really ugly but that Anne Hathaway is very pretty. A lot of people would disagree and say that Megan Fox is gorgeous or that Anne Hathaway isn't pretty. Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure you and your friends don't always agree on which celebrity guys are hot. It's all based on the individual's opinion, you know?

The best way to deal with this is remind yourself that there will be guys out there that will find you attractive. Just because you're not seeing them now doesn't mean that they don't exist. I know it's hard to keep that in mind (I go through what you're going through all the time!) but it really does help.

Best of luck and I hope this helped!

• definitely I happen to think anne is generally not pretty but I think magan fox is gorgeous in the face and I like her body to

• you're great :) thx for your answer!

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 9

• What makes you call those girls ugly?

Bitchiness?

• (you could have called them 'plain' )

• You have some confidence in yourself, a HUGE first step. Are these less attractive girls dressed revealing and/or throwing themselves at guys? If so, they're getting it because the guys have one thing on heir minds...

• right off the bat, my first answer is that you may seem high maintenance. or if your not, maybe you are really pretty and guys are just intimidated. in any case, go up to them first! let your true personality tell them who you are and not your looks.

• It's not only looks, it's attitude.

• this is my opinion; I talk more to ulgy girls because there easy to get along with, maybe because there looking to fit in, I talk to pretty girls as well, but some of them have in ugly pass that makes them less attractive then ugly girls; and there are some that are super stuck ups, that is hard to get along with them, maybe because they know there image gets them a lot of attention, that they don't wanted/ comment me my answer, I wanna know other opinions, and if I'm wrong

More from Guys
4

What Girls Said 10

• Girl guys goes for ugly women all the time and actually called them sexy and I mean stare them down with lust! Yes and I do mean lust, yeah a lot of times it ain't got nothing to do with the girl's personality lol! I have seen in many cases men just like some ugly average women period! Look at Megan fox without make up she is ugly and just as average as any woman out there, but they make her to be attractive I don't know why, because she sure don't have the body, no booty no curves or nothing and she is looked at being attractive in front of the eyes of men! If you really look at it Megan and Anne are both average in the looks department, both the same way, but just because they like Megan they say she attractive, in which we know the truth in that department lol! Girl believe me a lot of these men today just like some crazy junk! They rarely like women pretty these days!

• It's quite possible that the girls you are mentioning have a really stellar personality. Beauty is not only composed of what's on the exterior,or even just your idea OF beauty.

No,i don't have this issue because I don't look at other girls and compare myself to them. I am who I am and there will never be another me.Each of us has our own unique thing going. Maybe if you think in that venacular,you won't be focusing on what they have,but instead what you have to offer.Good luck!:)

• yes! I have the same problem...

i know I'm not ugly. but its annoying when I like a guy but he goes for the bitch, or an ugly girl? I think they think that its hard to talk to the more prettier girls because they are scared that they are going to get rejected, and they would feel like a loser if the girl said no to them.. but in all reality the girl wants the guy to ask her out, etc. but she think she is dumb because she thinks that maybe he don't like her, because he is going with another girl that is way uglyyyy/ do you geet my point? haha

• They might see them as easier to get then the more beauty girls.

• Weird isn't it? I always think they're a 'safe bet'... i.e. if the guy gets a knock-back it doesn't hurt his ego and he can laugh it off. They're too scared to approach a looker! Then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and perhaps they see something in these so-called 'ugly' girls they are attracted to.

More from Girls
5