What does it mean if a guy says he thinks you're too good for him and he's scared he won't meet your standards?

I have been talking to this guy for a month now. Lately I've asked him where his mind is and where he sees things going. He's really sweet full of complements, but when the topic comes up he says he's scared he won't meet my standards and that I'm too good for him. I def replied with why is he even bothering with me then and he replied because he doesn't want to let me go over dumb excuses he has right now? How am I supposed to take this (does he like me ect or is it a no go? lol) ?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Simple he likes you, but he's not sure that you're gonna stick around with him.

• I don't know him or you. You'll have to think about it, maybe take the lead and take him out on dates or invite him over to your place to watch movies and get to know each other some more. The more that he gets to know you and is comfortable around you the more likely he would say yes to being exclusive with you in my opinion.

• so with everything being said what would your judgment be with my situation?

• People who are looking for serious relationships aren't interested in casual hookups.They are also not interested in people who want to get the milk for free because these kinds of people are out being promiscuous show that they are not willing to commit to one person which means divorce or separation is highly likely.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 2

• well from what youve described, he has an affection towards you, but he has insecurities and thinks that you might not find him adequate or find him able to satisfy your needs. you just need to reassure him that he doesn't need to think that. and saying "why are you even bothering with me?" is pretty intimidating. so now he's gone off probably trying to forget about you because he expressed his inner emotions. and once you find him (since its been months) you need to take the cake and say "hey how have you been? I haven't seen you in 4ever". then he'll respond then later in the convo say "hey we should keep in touch. so is it OK if I could have your nummber?"

• sorry I think I answered in the wrong tab

• Not really sure without knowing the guy. The guy could be completely honest and such, just let him know if he is good in your eyes. Give him that bit of confidence if you're interested. On the other hand, the guy could be saying that cause he doesn't want a relationship, but he wants to try and get something from you. Honestly, too hard to tell without knowing the guy, but I want to at least place my bets on the former.

• very true. thanks !

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!