Do guys not like sweet girls?

Time and time again I've always found that the guys I know go for the feisty, more violent girls. I had a friend who was always a bitch to guys and treated them like they were nothing and they just flocked to her. Guys loved her! I had another friend with a similar very dominant, feisty personality. Once again, guys adored her.Then there's me. I'm the sweet supportive type and people tend to LOVE having me as a friend. I'm optimistic and friendly and never fail to cheer someone up. Unfortunately, that means I'm ONLY ever the friend. I have a friend who has a similar personality. She's got the very nice and sweet personality type as well and told me that she 'only the friend' for a long time too.So what makes guys go for the dominant bitchy type over the sweeter supportive type? Is sweet too boring for them? Is it bad (in the realm of dating) to have this really sweet personality type?

These girls are also the type to lead a guy on and play mind games with him as to whether or not they're actually interested. Why do guys still flock to them, even with this knowledge?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'd prefer the sweet supportive girl over the fiesty dominant type. I definitely don't want the violent type; I bruise easy. What kind of guys are these that go for your friends? Are they the type you would want to be with because they may be getting the quantity of guys but not the quality you want? I think one reason guys may go for these girls is they are easier. Not easier in sexual terms, but easier to figure out. If she's a dominant personality, she's gonna let a guy know she's interested or willing to have fun. It'll take some work for a guy to figure out a shy, quiet type and whether she's interested. It's not bad to have the sweet personality in the dating world. Just make sure a guy knows you're interested and hopefully he has the courage to approach you. Guys don't need much, just smile and you should be golden.

• I agreed entirely except for the last setence, tons of guys need a lot more than

What Guys Said 5

• I think guys feel comfortable with her , knowing she's not going to play games with them, lead them on, try to use them to make here boyfriend jealous, or the like. Since she's openly hostile everyone knows where they stand, and she's probably a loyal friend, I'm guessing, doesn't betray them.

• Actually, these girls always play games. The first girl was a loyal friend, but both played games, lead them on, and they still loved them. They flirt when they have boyfriends, push them around, control them, and so stuff like that. What makes you think someone who is nice is automatically going to play games or lead you on?

• I think a lot of guys worry they'll be played or led on, so they hang out with openly hostile girls. If this girl does betray them, they won't have real reason to complain or feel misled, right, since she always treated them like 'nothing' anyway?

• That's a good point. Thank you! That explains a lot.

• maybe thier not looking for something serious and bitches are safer in that respect or maybe they don't like women or don't treat them well and they don't have to feel guilty if they are with a bitch

• I have a hint for you: don't look for girls at clubs. Try going to different types of events, maybe something you wouldn't normally do. Try instead going to like a choir concert or a musical/play. Go swing dancing (it's fun) or something else that's fun and social without the partying. You might find the sweeter girls there. At least, that's what I've noticed.

• I wouldn't know but I would have guessed the same and I'm sure what the first sentence meant but I'm assuming you were giving me advice so thank you. girls are also more on guard outside of party and night clubs so that's another bonus

• Sorry! I actually meant to put that comment on the poster below you. I clicked the wrong comment button. lol. Thank you for your answer, though!

• I would love to have someone like you (or even you - you free? lol). I want a girl to be supportive, sweet, kind, gentle...you know a woman being a woman...I try and find a sweet girl, problem is, I have no idea where to look for them. In bars and clubs all you get is the feisty ones with the big egos..not for me. Keep your chin up, someone like me will snap you up soon enough.. :-)

• I would advise that you don't look for girls at clubs. Try going to different types of events, maybe something you wouldn't normally do. Try instead going to like a choir concert or a musical/play. Go swing dancing (it's fun) or something else that's fun and social without the partying. You might find the sweeter girls there. At least, that's what I've noticed. (sorry, originally added this to the wrong commenter. lol.)

• Doh! Thank you..I hope my post helped you too..see I like you supportiveness, you put your own problems aside to help others. That's very rare. Like I said you'll find someone soon enough ;-)

• Personally I would prefer a nice girl over a bitchy one.

• Most guys like sweet girls. I doubt that's why you become "only a friend" all the time.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!