Guys, what do you mean when you call a girl sweetheart?

I know it is a term of endearment. But guys what do you mean when you greet a girl "hello sweetheart" or "goodbye sweetheart". And I am talking about peers, who are the same age.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I don't really use that term at all.

I think it's a little condescending unless you have a very close relationship with the person. Maybe it's not so bad if it's said in a joking way. But if I were a girl, I wouldn't like guys my own age calling me that.

What Guys Said 3

• i call girls I like sweetheart, to me it means a sign of admiration

• personally I never do it as I find it pretty weird and the girl may think your a creep, but I think that some men use it as a way of trying to be nice to a lady.

• I don't use such terms of endearment unless it's someone who is really close to me, which by that I mean I'm dating or sleeping with them.

Whenever I do use such a term, like sweetheart, I mean to tell her that she holds a special place within my mind or my heart. If I use that one specifically, then you can pretty much bank on me having feelings for her.

What Girls Said 2

• Hmm...You know a lot of girls/women call guys and girls hun and sweetie...It's nothing, just their way of talking. The way I see it is some people use words like man and dude...they are just filler words. And that can be the case for those words if people aren't dating.

• it depends. my one guy friend calls everyone sweetheart, and honey and that's just him. it doesn't mean anything beyond that