Can the fairy tale romance be real life?

Ok so we all know and hear about the typical fair-tale romance, the gazing into each others eyes and the whole world disappearing, the magnetic pull you feel towards each other etc etc. What I want to know is, to those of you who have found 'the one' is this true? Do those words in anyway describe your relationship? Do you have a fairy-tale romance?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I have some proof on that theory. My grandmother and Grandfather hardly knew each other in high school, although they went to the same school, my grandma thought he was a jerk (lol). Well, many years later, after my grandma's first husband who was in World War II, she found him sleeping with one of his mistresses, they divorced. She also had a young son fathered by her first husband. Well, my grandma got a hold of some friends again, she knew from High School, she was telling my grandma, "oh you have to meet this guy, you'll love him..." My grandma and my grandpa whom she thought was jerk, dated for three weeks and shortly married. They had four children, my mom being the youngest. They were married for about 40 years it would have been longer, then my grandma passed away from Ovarian Cancer. Love can happen, it's just when it should happen really takes a toll on us. Believe me, it can happen. My grandpa hasn't remarried ever since her passing. I think there can be many forms of love, but the true kind if meant for you, will stick around and show it's light.

• I honestly don't believe in the fairy-tale romance coming true in reality, I agree movies are predictable, life isn't really predictable at all, but you might be meant for something like that, and only time will tell if you are, and if it's meant-to-be.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 4

• Its possible but very rare

• It's possible to an extent -- when you first feel attracted to someone, these kinds of thoughts will cross your mind...but then it dies out after a few months. No relationship is ever the same as it is in the beginning, unless you keep it alive, I guess. But I don't believe fairy-tale, perfect romances exist. Everyone goes through their fair share of fights and disagreements and stuff like that. I don't believe in a relationship that will be perfect from the very beginning until the end and that the same level of attraction will be present throughout it. Either you'll feel more attached, or less, as time passes. Both partners would need to compromise and communicate effectively and actually, most relationships could have survived if worked on and if both sides wanted it enough, but sometimes... it just doesn't happen. Life goes on, and people lose interest and move on.

• I'm not sure what every girls fascination is with fairy tale romances. Every girl has been brought up with the idea that her prince charming will ride into her life on a big white horse and save her. So we're constantly in search on this idea that's been drilled into our heads from day one-- that "the one" has to be tall, dark, and handsome and save us from whatever is going wrong in our life. But what if your knight in shining armor is just a nerd in tin-foil? My philosophy is that if we let go of this impossible view of perfection, you make room for a REAL romance to come along and be even better than this cliche, run-of-the-mill, story book romance that everyone's heard a million times. I think the most magical thing about romance is that its unique to every individual. So let go of this fairy-tale idea, real life is so much better -- I promise :)

• Every relationship I've ever been in has been hard. Probably because we obviously weren't compatible for each other. I don't think anything is ever like it is in the movies, in real life. It'd be nice but relationships are a lot of work. Things are easier in the beginning, in the honeymoon phase when you're all googly eyed for each other and all over each other. And soon after that it goes downhill because I've found we want different things, aren't on the same page, etc. Sure, it'd be nice for the fairytale romance, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it.