• Ask
  • myTake

Do shy girls prefer shy guys?

Forgive me for my hideous generalization, but do you think a girl who is sweet, shy, a bit geeky and doesn't have much experience with guys would be more attracted to a guy who is a) nice, gentle, quiet and is more like her or b) more outgoing, more "masculine" and experienced with girls?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, there's two ways of looking at it.I prefer shy and geeky guys because I feel like I can relate to them more, and I know that there's often more than what meets the eyes with shy people---you just have to get to know them and they'll open up more to you so you can see how awesome they really are.On the other hand, it can be difficult for two shy people to date each other. It means that one or both people have to step out of their comfort zone to show interest, ask the other person out, make conversation, make the first move, etc. (which can be uncomfortable for people to begin with, but even more so for someone with a shy personality). In that sense, it can be easier for a shy girl to go for a more outgoing guy, since there's less pressure on her (since he's probably more likely to initiate things than a shy guy).

What Girls Said 10

• I am not the most social person and all the guys I've had have been outgoing and easy to talk to. I think it would be hard for me to keep a conversation going with a shy person who doesn't say much.

• it really depends on the girls preferance, but you know the old saying, "opposites attract" tends to be true

• I consider myself to be shy and I am more attracted to more outgoing guys. The whole opposites attract thing I believe is quite true...at least for me.

• well every girl at her taste, but in my experience, shy guys that don't try to make a move, e.g. not talking at all or at least giving her a signal that his interested is a huge turn off because starting a relationship takes both parts, both persons reciprocating each move the other makes. So if a guy is so shy he can't even talk to her and carry a conversation, then that's a huge turnoff, and the girl might become frustrated and walk away.

• maybe they will have a very happy and quiet life

• I can be extremely shy and I think it completely depends on the person at the other end.I've dated shy guys and 'macho' guys, and I can honestly so I have no preference. It's all about being a loving, good person.I think somebody that vastly prefers a specific 'type' is probably quite shallow, it's always better to be loved for who you are.

• I tend to be shy but I'm most definately attracted to shy guys, mainly because when I see him as quiet it makes me want to open up because I can relate, and that I know deep down he's probably a cool guy with lots of things to say..just gotta give him a chance

• it depends really. I've liked both. I have a friend whos extremely shy, but I can get him to talk to me and I talk to him. We're comfortable with each other so it's cool. I guess it doesn't matter as long as I can talk with him. Like, as long as I don't feel awkward, or we have nothing to talk about with each other, then it's cool .

• i think shy with an adventurous side is just perfect. I'm shy and stuff, especially around guys, but I like shy guys, something about them is just really cute. However, you still have to be adventerous once you know her or else it won't go anywhere and she'll get bored and leave. don't take her to parties every night, but for pete's sake, man, take her SOMEWHERE. I find that more often than not, popular, outgoing guys end up being really stupid and hard to be with, and they also end up being jerks a lot (not trying to be prejudiced here, that's just what I've noticed). You have to make the first move, I know guys hate it when people say that, but men have really screwed up chivalry for themselves, and she's not going to respect you if you make her do it.

What Guys Said 1

• I will answer the reverse question. As a shy guy I would defiantly like a shy girl and here is why if outgoing girls scare me and make me nervous the shy girls I find less scary and easier to talk to it is for that reason I would rather have a shy girl.