Does He Like Me More Than A Friend?

Last year, this guy and I became really good friends. A couple months back I started having more-than-friend feelings towards him. This year, we have gotten even closer and we always talk. The thing is, he is shy. He is comfortable around his guy friends, and well, me. He doesn't go out of his way to talk to a random girl, so he is the over-flirty type. We have a number of things in common, so we like talking to each other. So, my best friend asked him who he liked. (I'm shy too, I can't imagine asking him myself.) He said no one, but then my friend decided she was going to give him a list of people and see if he would be interesting in pursuing a relationship with any of them. I know it's immature and childish, but if it gets the job done...Anyway, when it came to my name he gave a simple Maybe. Now, may I add that he did not say Yes to anyone. The rest were No's, and there was one other Maybe. He never talks to the other girl though. He also teases me quite a bit, likes to make me laugh, and will just smile at me for no reason. I, of course, return with the same gesture. I'm just so confused, because I feel like it's happening so fast, even though it's been a year. Do you GIRLS think this is more than a strong friendship? Would you GUYS do this to a girl you are interesting in? Sorry this is so long, I just am really interested in him and want to know what it looks like from an outside perspective. Thanks so much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I will say this. Your relationship is not 100% platonic. If it were, he would not have said 'maybe' when asked if he would pursue a relationship with you. So, you should ask yourself if you value the friendship more than any potential relationship. And you should also be thinking if you guys did go out, and broke up, what would be the result? Would you be able to still be friends? As for his feelings, he must have some feelings for you more than friendship. I'm slightly in the same situation as you. Messege me if you would like =]