Does a drunk mind speak a sober heart?

me and my ex have been of and on for quite sometime. no matter how hard we try not to talk to one another we always end up giving in. I have so many feelings for him but he confuses the hell outta me. we were drinking with some friends the other week and he was pretty drunk and he was telling me... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• From experience I'd say that alcohol doesn't affect people in a regular way. Under the influence I've spoken untold truths, but I also expressed instantaneous feelings and spoke lies.

In your situation it would seem that he still has feelings for you, but that doesn't really mean much. A guy can have feelings for you and truly never wish to act on them. Therefore I'd say that the feelings he spoke of are to some extent true, but the intent isn't clear at all. Alcohol can make a guy really horny, and he maybe was just trying to get you to sleep with him. In any case I'd think the feelings were true but that doesn't mean he would ever want to act on them when he is sober.