I "did everything perfect" so why did he leave?

My boyfriend broke up with me yesterday. We had been going out for a year and a half and other than us both being busy with work things seemed to be going great.

When he broke up with me yesterday he was in tears. He told me that I was beautiful and wonderful and that I never did anything wrong but that he couldn't be the boyfriend that I deserved because he didn't know who he was and he didn't see relationships as a priority in his life. He said he loved me but in the way that he loves his closest friends but that he is attracted to me...isn't that what you want in a girlfriend? Someone who is always there for you, that you love to hang out with and that you think is beautiful?

I don't know what to do at this point. I am meeting him in a half hour to give him back his stuff and I don't know how to act...

Most Helpful Guy

• i think he feels that he can't give you 100%. and you deserve nothing less then 100% from your boyfriend. so since he's not able to put in that 100% he feels like he doesn't deserve you.

what you can try doing is continue talking to him and get him to understand that even though he is busy and his life is changing rapidly, you will be right there with him.

he may think for example that since you guys are busy, you might lose interest and start cheating or something. don't jump to conclusions however. just talk to him. good luck :)