Should I tell him that I'm falling for him? How should I do it?

Hi, (had already posted in wrong category, sorry) the thing is we are really close, and lately I started to have feelings for him. The problem is that he is always sending mixed signals: he says he is gonna marry me in 5 years, but then, he won't attempt to have something with me now. He's fooling around all the time, hitting me softly with his scarf or pressing his fingers against my face (he doesn't do this to other girls). He would tell me he is a coward so he feels too scared to tell a girl what he feels, and is always pushing me to say something when the conversation turns to the relationships topic. But then, he won't. Say anything, He always say there's no girl like me, he would stay awake for hours just talking to me while I'm working. A few weeks ago he ask me to go out, with none of our friends, just invited me, we were alone all afternoon, but then nothing.

Should I tell him I'm falling for him? We've been like this for so long, and none has had a relationship during this time. Today I told him something like "What am I going to do when you no longer can take care of me?" and then he answered something like "hopefully that won't happen. Let's try not to let that happen".

So, what do you think? Is he scared as I am? Or is it that he just wants to be my friend? (oh, and he's not gay). I mean, do you guys tell girls "I'll marry you in five years" or "I can compare the rest of the world to someone, but you're unique" and then you just want a nice friendship with them?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Show, don't tell. If you tell him, there's a chance that he might freeze up and pull back. But let him know that you appreciate him, and that he's important to you. He'll get the hint.

• Good for you. Good luck.

• You were so right... things started to happen so fast!!!

• The thing is, I have shown him, you know, flirting and all that... I'm shy, so I'm not too obvious, but he knows me, so he must have got it. And I think he has answered back in a good way, a friend today told me we were like "really into it"... but then, he'll keep saying that he is alone and will remain alone for a while (he said that for other girl whose friends think he might like, but he says he doesn't)... So now, I think I'll wait for the best moment... Thank's all of you for your answers.

What Guys Said 1

• Ok this dude likes you he is just afraid of commitment. Guys love it when you show your feelings. And yes if you did he would be honored by you telling him. If you just say I think I'm falling for you that would be a total turn on. It gives butterflies in our stomch. isn't that cool. It makes us feel great. You can make a guy feel great. And make him feel great about you by flirting and telling him you like him. :) now you know how men think.

What Girls Said 2

• id be myself.i have a strong personality so this applys to me.might not to you if you're shy.

if I love this person,id defenitely say.i love you too and smile.he'd take it as a joke and might joke back.he probably would say,i didn't say I love you yet,then id tell him then now say it then,we can't get married in 5 years if we don't start a relationship now.(he might laugh).and it might feel awkward to you but for me?if he laugh?id laugh harder.

dont do this if you're too scared of rejection,cuz he might be a fooling ass or something and might say "no way" for joke and might hurt your feeling hehhee,im very good in handling peoples xtreme behaviour towards me.

dont be too serious just stable.

i think he is shy too himself,so maybe he's actually waitng for you to do the first move.

• Just like blue-kev said the guy is afriad of commitment just tell him that your falling for him