• Ask
  • myTake

If a guy pats a girl twice on the shoulder was he just being nice?

I met this guy a few weeks ago and we have become really good friends. We see each other almost every day at Uni. I have a couple of questions. I recently said that I wasn't going to to go to my next lecture (of which we would both normaly go to) and he looked a little disapointed and tried to convince me to go saying " You are going...I'll carry you if I have to".Does this mean anything? I'm not into him, but I'm curious.Also, on the way out of the lecture he put his hand on my shoulder and patted me twice saying " come on (name)". Would you call this friendliness?When he sits next to me, he's always close to the point were our arms and legs are touching but he doesn't move away. Often we just sit in silence which I find a little awkward but he seems fine with it. Is he just being friendly?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yes it's pretty boarder line but I think he'd be open to more, but knows or suspects that you're not wanting to be more than friends.I'm not sure how you could find out for sure without leading him on, maybe observe if he is just the type of guy that touches when he talks with everyone or if it's just a select few, or even just you.but if you do decide you would be open to being more than friends you could return the touching on the shoulder, maybe on his chest too, allow your arms or legs to touch in class. You could even tell him next time you're thinking of skipping a class he should pick you up and carry you there.

What Guys Said 2

• It's borderline - could just be very friendly behavior, could mean more.

• Just sounds really friendly. Or slightly creepy. It's tough to say, really. Saying that you're going to lecture sounds more like he's making sure you don't skip class because he wants you to go, either for himself or he's honestly looking out for you. The "sitting really close" part sounds rather suspect... To me, the pat thing means nothing... actually, the pat thing is like something you'd do to a dog, which makes it just sound odd.

What Girls Said 2

• Means he's being friendly.And the fact that he's okay with silence and the touching (which he barely notices -if at all) means he's so comfortable around you that he just doesn't care if you touch or not...

• If you have been friends with him awhile he probly is just trying to be a good friend, but if you guys just met a little while ago I'm sure he is into you.