Did he ever really care?

First time user here...feeling really lost and would love some male perspective. About 7 weeks ago my boyfriend of 7 months broke up with me. It... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I am sorry to hear about your break up.. I am going through one myself and it just came out of no where and I am crushed. We loved each other at lot as well, and agreed we could work through anything, that is until she blindsided me over something very petty. I suffer from depression myself, and she took no time to try and understand it, or see how it affects me. I myself was in a very bad motor vehicle accident nearly ten years ago which has left me also with memory issues. So I do understand where he is coming from. It's good that you two had spoken on and off after you broke up, I haven't heard a single word from her since ours. She was set and ready to spend her life with me and packed up on me and just left. She never turned around to look.. I was dumped via text and completely irrationally. When a guy says he misses you and wants to get back together, he means it. We do fall and love hard. You do need to give him some pass over the calling issues, especially if he has a bad memory. Stress can make that so much worse, I know that it is in my case. A relationship is a two way thing. If you want to hear from him, you can call him too. I know with breakups there is always the ego thing. I have sent my ex two emails since we've broken up with no response. She is immature, childish, and left me over something totally petty. She will regret it and I know that. But for the mean time with your boyfriend, if you want to make it work you need to communicate.

Asker upvoted
    • I appreciate both of your responses...but I wonder...he tried to text once and call once last week, and I didn't answer only because I didn't want him to keep messing with my head. He hasn't tried contacting me for the last 8 days. Do you suggest I break the silence and contact him? I should tell you, I've made most of the "first moves" and phone calls in this time that we talked on & off...I felt it was his turn to try, and he really didn't...

• Yes. Call him. He's scared enough... I am crying my f***ing eyes out right now missing her...

• I'm sorry you're feeling so distraught over this girl. But my gut tells me he's not reacting the way you are...after all, he did the dumping, and you and I are hurting because we were dumped. My heart tells me that if this will ever be resolved, he has to make the move. I promise you, it has nothing to do with ego...but like I said before, I was doing all the work to try and get us back together, and all he did was say things to fill me with useless hope. He hasn't once tried to fight for me...