Why are black girls the least desirable?

Why is it that black girls are the most undesirable? (For non-black guys)I'm seeing a lot of negative things being said about black women in the media (mainly online). I even saw a forum thread dedicated to how black girls are the ugliest. Sure there are racist people that will say that other races are ugly, but black girls get the most heat. I've seen a lot of black girls ask similar questions, and people just think we're imagining things. I mean, look at the marriage rates. Black women are the least married race. I've heard people say that even black guys don't want black women.

This issue is causing my already low-self esteem to plummet to uncharted territories, even though I think I'm pretty compared to most black girls but not so pretty according to regular beauty standards (if that makes sense). My school is mostly white, but the few black girls that go there don't have boyfriends, and to me they are pretty and seem intelligent. Boys aren't everything and at our young age it's better to be more concerned with our academic and career goals, but I feel so discouraged when it comes to dating (keep in mind that I live in a predominately white area).

In conclusion, I would like to know what it is about black girls that's so unattractive? (BE HONEST, answer anonymously if you must, and don't feed me any crap about "preferences" because in most cases I find that there is underlying racism behind this so-called racial preferences).

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• What is it about black girls that's so unattractive? I wouldn't know, as I am so hot for a lot black gals I know. I do understand what this is all about though... When messing around on HotOrNot, I noticed that great looking black gals who would be an 8 or 9 in my books will tend to score a 6 or 7 (rated by predominately white male audience). There is definitely some difference between how my friends and I view the level of attractiveness for most black women. I see hot white gal, my friends see hot white gal. I see hot black gal, my friends are like, NO.Far from holding my head up high as a white man and being uppity about the white race on how we have such high quality women among our ranks and high standards for the women we want to be with, I want to take this opportunity to call my friends out for being the morons they are. To me, it doesn't necessarily show they have great taste in gals by having the hots for women who are almost exclusively white (Asian occasionally), but it definitely shows they are missing out on a lot of great gals... Black gals!Black ladies, many you are so very fine in my eyes.

• LOL thanks for the compliment. I feel you on the friends thing. I've dated all races (white included) and my friends are cool and agree with how hot a guy is except when it comes to white guys. They say that they don't "prefer" white guys. I prefer a guy that is respectful, funny and cute no matter his color. :-)

• Thanks for understanding. Well of course a lot of white men are holding their head up high because all races of guys like white women. The only difference is, white, asian and hispanic men will stand up for their women. Black men, not so much. I'm around asian guys a lot and they always defend asian women even though they know a lot of them prefer white guys. I was listening to this guy on youtube and was saying that no one likes black women, not even black men. :(

What Guys Said 274

• Let me start out by saying that I'm a mutt of mostly Western European and Hispanic, and I find black girls attractive, and I've had 2 black girlfriends.
    Anyway, my explanation for why some non-blacks view black women as "less desirable" would be because they perceive the following to be true:
    - A large percentage of blacks, and thus black women, are "ghetto." While there are more whites who are poor and "trashy/ghetto" than blacks in the US, the RATIO of ghetto to non-ghetto is far higher among blacks than any other demographic (because there are far more whites than blacks in the US). They don't like "ghetto" anything, and blacks are more likely to be that way.
    - Part of the "ghetto" issue is that promiscuity is far higher in such cultures, which is a negative to people who didn't grow up with ghetto values.
    - Many people grew up in very homogeneous neighborhoods, and so they aren't used to being around blacks, or anyone very different from their own race. Thus, their standards of beauty reflect what they are most familiar and comfortable with. Dark skin, kinky hair, and exaggerated curves seem out of place to them, simply because they aren't used to it. Similarly, a white American will look very out of place in Japan, for the same reason (very homogeneous).
    - Many whites are afraid that if they try to date black women, black men will get angry and become violent with them, which does sometimes happen.
    - Black culture can be quite different from white culture, and many people may think they just won't have enough in common to date. They may not date others who have/maintain a strong, separate culture either.
    - Some are simply racist.
    You'll never win over everyone, but IMO, if you present yourself as a person of respect and integrity, and let people get to know your personality, I think you'll overcome most of the people who initially are skeptical or wary.

• There's a lot of truth in this answer, I think. I really like that you avoid to over-generalize.

• Hey, what about the black guys? I read somewhere over half marry non-African Americans...

• This does not necessarily mean that black men prefers non-black women. It *COULD* be because in the US, Anglo is still the majority, so the average person would interacts with Anglos the most, hence the chance of finding someone compatible who happens to be Anglo is higher than the chance of finding someone compatible who is of the same race.

• Show Older
    • You're right. My puerto rican friend is engaged to a black guy and a lot of the black guys in my neiborhood are married to asian women. I live in a military town, I don't know if that's why I see more of it.

• You're right. I wouldn't say half but I do know of many black men who marry outside their race. My puerto rican friend is engaged to a black guy. and several black guys in my neighborhood are married to asian women. There were of course some with black spouces, but interracial is very common to-maybe because I live in a military town I see it more

• Does a majority really believe black girls to be unattractive?:-o I've also seen unattractive black girls of course, but in general they're pretty. All other things (kindness, intellect, her tastes and interests) being the same, I would prefer a black girl. (I'm white and happily married to a white woman in an area with 95% or so white people. When we met it was 100% white. Europe, you know...) To be completely honest, I'd rather bite(very softly!) in black skin than in white skin. Just more appetizing.

• Out of curiosity, why would you "prefer" a black girl?

• Whites do whatever they can to get a deep tan and some blacks seem to do whatever they can to lighten their skin... I find a darker skin just more appetizing . Completely irrational preference thus, without any judgment. Only on visual aspect, just like some men prefer redhaired girls over blondes or brunettes... BUT I wrote:[All other things (kindness, intellect, her tastes and interests) being the same]

• Okay, I see. Thanks.BTW: You live in Switzerland? There's a lot of black people there?

• I do not have a lot of experience with black females. I have only seen two of them in reality, for the place where I live in does not have a lot of them (or at least there aren't many black people around here in this city at all.) However based on that experience and what I see from the television, it is true - I really don't like black girls physically. I can safely say this is because of the high level of racism that has been around for a long time. Therefore it just does not match my ideal for a girl to have black skin. (In fact, I tend to find the whiter the more attractive, I also have issues with tans and natural summer brownness, but that is just my pickiness.) I'm used to white. We have this saying around here jokingly: "I'm not a racist or anything, but the human skin color is white." We say that as a joke, but it does sort of stay with your expectations.And if there are two other really dumb reasons, one of them is that they usually have giant lips which I do not like, and the second is that the experience I've had was ghetto-ish. "i jst dnt understand...perfect ryt nw would b if you were here makin me laugh and stuff"And she types like that! How can anyone type like that? Ugh.So that's basically it.

• You've never been anywhere in your life have you,your basing your ideas off of sterotypes,the average black family is middle class nowadays and your arguments are based off of woman from poorer neighborhood typically.but then agin you did say that you've never been around blacks.it not smart to use those two woman to base all black woman off of.and white skin is NOT the huamn skin color darker,tanned and brownskin outnumber white by a landslide worldwide,typical of you though,lmao at u,silly

• It's not really a stereotype, it was what I saw. She wasn't poor. She was just ridiculously extroverted. And she loved shopping. And all that stuff which I frown upon. >.>I haven't met many of them, because there aren't many of them around here. Really. You see like two, maybe, in the whole city, because there are only like a hundred out of a hundred thousand.. xD

• @mesonfielde that's not a good reason (but it is annoying when people type like that :I )

• Imo, I feel that black women are the most harshly stereotyped people (race + gender) in this country. For some reason, the masses tend to believe the small sample of black women that he/she interacted with in their lives, or seen on TV, embodies ALL black women. :-XSure, there are definitely some black women that I find un-datable...but then again, there are many women that I would find un-datable, regardless of race.I'm very attracted to black women. I love the physical features of a black woman. I usually go for the thicker ones, since I'm a big guy. I like their mental strength. I need a woman like that because I can tend to dominate a recessive person. However, she has to be feminine (as in "girly") at the same time. Nails done, makeup, feminine clothing style, effeminate demeanor, etc.Since I'm a pretentious college graduate (lol), she needs to stimulate my mind in an intellectual manner. I'm quite an analytical person, so I need someone who can mentally "hang" with me. I'm in love with a cutesy, smart, dark-skinned, thick & effeminate black woman. I'm lucky to have her. :)

• Oh hell no. I've been interested in many different woman. Perhaps the most desirable, or at least the top of my list were 2 black girls. Sadly I did nothing more than heavy physical flirting, but I remember them very much. So I don't think black girls are less desirable at all, and I'm mostly Hispanic.

• God made black women first, and made the rest outta what was left over! I'm a white guy, but I wouldn't even consider dating, or marrying, anyone but a black woman. Maybe I'm all wet, but I find in most black women a great amount of inner strength yet a certain unique sensitivity or vunerablility. It's hard to explain, but it's there in Aces. For what ever reason, I just feel more at ease, more comfortable, with black people in general. I'm one of only two white guys at my church of over 300, but I'm always treated as jan equal. Actually, I may get a little more attention, as folks don't want me to feel like a minority. LOL

• Thanks for your kind words.

• There's nothing wrong with black girls at all, physically. In fact the way their bone structure is, it makes their curves generally more pronounced and gives the illusion of a toned physique even if there really isn't one, and that's sexy. My problem is with the uneducated-sounding way most of them seem to talk, and don't get me wrong I've known lots of white girls who talk that way too but honestly I could NEVER date a girl who talked that way. That and, to be honest, there is a stereotype about black girls that may or may not be true but I'm a little weary of it, the fact that they generally have bad attitudes. Yes I know, its bad to listen to stereotypes and I shouldn't be, but this one just gets to me for some reason.But yeah, if I ever met a black girl who spoke in a way that made her sound educated and didn't seem to have the "attitude" commonly associated with black girls, I wouldn't really pay attention to the fact that she was black at all.

• That's what's up. :)(if you don't mind my 'slang...haha)And what makes your point even more valid is that the stereotypical black girls that you see on TV, in rap videos, or whatever else actually PISS the rest of us off...badly.They literally ruin thing for us who don't act like fools.

• 13d

I'm 90% black and there are a lot of black females that are very educated within my own female, meaning that there is plenty more educated black females. I find it a little agitating that you seem to think we have an attitudes. Just because we speak upon how we feel doesn't mean that we are always mad, just means we are not going to sit there and not be heard like a lot of other race female such as white females. We speak are mind and yeah maybe its in a forceful way but we feel we have to be that way because men think they have power over all females. How they sound is a different story. They talk the way they do because of how/where they were raised. Its just like if you were from Minnesota and you moved to some where that do not recognize your accent, they would make fun of you and that's kind of what you are doing in a way without even realizing your doing it. I'm so glad that I was raised to get to know a person and the people around them, in then make my judgement.

because of all the stigma that society has put on them. the social media makes them see like they are nothing but walking time bombs.

• I have a thing for white girls specifically. It's just my preference. Indian/asian/black I do not find desirable for a relationship. If you ask me why, I have no earthly idea. I am middle eastern btw.

• They aren't. Black people are the most negatively stereotyped in history. Black women need to stop buying into the negative stereotyping and just be themselves. Black children are born everyday in the world so That means that someone must be attracted to them Now even though I attract other races of women, I don't get worried if I'm attracting them or not, nor do I go out my way to date a particular race. Color doesn't matter to me.If I meet a woman that I like and we click and she happens to be black, Latino, white, etc, then so be it.

• Well, I don't really think its necessarily a 'racist' issue (for the most part), however, there are definitely some prejudices that affect attraction to not only black girls, but individuals of any visible minority or different ethnicity. Now, the media, in my opinion, is heavily responsible for this, but I think its also a simple matter of white guys, for instance, viewing black girls as semi-exotic and just different from them, and therefore they don't really consider them as partners. It seems as though people sort of tend to feel most comfortable with 'their own kind' so to speak, even though its just superficial.Now also, as mentioned regarding the media, the 'black culture' in the west is often portrayed in a way that is very different and unattractive to guys who are not black. Obviously, not every black person is whatever the media tends to portray them as, but its just so often emphasized that it becomes difficult to ignore. If one is interested in a long-term relationship, one usually considers the time in which you introduce your partner to your family. Often times, families are not so keen on approving on their child/sibling/whatever bringing someone home who is of a different ethnicity. Again, its just superficialities, but it is also reality to a great degree.Finally, it can simply come down to plain old physical attraction. Some find porcelain white skinned people with very soft, feminine features most physically appealing, while others like dark, exotic looking people. Unfortunately, in my experience, most of my peers who are white tend to find African American woman attractive, on the whole. I can't explain why exactly, they just don't.Anyway, there are also guys that do find black girls attractive and/or put very little stock into physicality anyway. There are also significant increases in the number biracial couples.So good luck, and good post!

• Yeah your argument that white guys view black girls as semi exotic and different from them causes them to not consider them as partners would make sense if white didn't love themselves some asian women who are also semi-exotic and different from them. Could you explain why "black culture" is portrayed in a way that is unattractive to non-black guys?Most interracial couples are black man white woman and white man asian woman. The interracial couples involving black women are the most rare.

• Show Older
    • I just think that some people are quick to label certain things that most black people do as a negative or unattractive thing. Like it's a negative things if black people eat fried chicken and watermelon but it's normal for an asian to eat fried rice and kimchi. Or it's such a horrible thing when black girls wear hair weaves but it's totally okay for white girls to dye their hair and get tans. I think there's an unfair bias against black people specifically black women. Would you agree?

• Absolutely.

• I don't know if this has to do with anything. But for instance black woman's hair is curly and look like metal sponges (sorry I don't know the right word). Black woman's hair is not naturally straight like other races. Also think about it, the most appealing colors are always light and brilliant colors, NO dark colors. That's why diamonds are more eye catchy than lets say cold or something of that sort. In metals is the same thing. Gold is more appealing than bronc and other dark colors of metals. Actually for the most part black woman have very strong face features, like really string jaws, big noses and they like. If you see this with white women who for the most part have softer face features, are white skinned or at least much lighter like skin, usually have light color eyes and light color hair then you might see why black girls are not considered as more good looking. That doesn't mean though that girls with dark hair and dark eyes are ugly or average because that;s not true, there is some very good looking dark hair and eyes girls. same for black girls. But if you ask me its mostly their hair, their face features, and the dark color of their skin, its not as eye catchy as white skin, since its less bright. I am not racist, but you asked a very controversial question so I am giving you a very honest answer. Remember the media influences as well, the women that are considered the most are not black women, the media also reinforces that.

• I've crushed on black women! White women, too.One attractive trait you possess is academic excellence and career goals.You write well. Easy to understand with correct word usage and punctuation.I was a reserve police officer. One of the officers (male) that I patrolled with had this "Joke of the day." One of the jokes was:What is wrong with a nice, well adjusted, black couple?"There's a fat blond somewhere, crying her eyes out.

• A lot of people seem to be brain-washed by the media to be attracted to the "perfect Aryan" set of physical traits in a woman.Since Black women appear the furthest from this set of genetics, many men are mentally programmed to have an aversion to their physical traits.Hitler's words were never louder in the ears of human judgement as they are today in our subconscious interpretation of the world around us.Look at the unnatural things Black women feel they need to do to appear just slightly more Aryan.-Placing a highly corrosive chemical base in their hair in order to make it do something so unnatural, it has a pH level higher than that of liquid Drano.-Skin-bleaching has become an epidemic in many African and Caribbean nations, to the extent that it is socially unacceptable for a woman not to bleach her skin. This is all in spite of the detrimental effects that skin bleach has on the human dermis and lymphatic system. All just to make their skin just a tad bit closer to the perception of what the master "race" of humans should look like?They're killing themselves just to look more appealing to a society who's laws of attraction hold their loyalty to Mein Kampf.Even non-blacks buy into it.People with curly hair straighten it.People with "ethnic" noses get nose jobs to appear more "beautiful".Colour contacts are worn to project more strongly Aryan traits.Hair colour is changed.Facial features are altered.Identities are lost.All to appease a society who, frankly, doesn't know what to believe beauty is.Black Women, stop questioning why the society in which you live doesn't accept your natural Beauty.You know why.You just want constructive criticism, an Itemized list of all the "undesirable" ethnic traits in hopes of "improving your image".You can'tYou won'tYou shouldn't tryIt's all in vain, and trying to mesh into a system that works against you will only feed the fire.Be Natural, be vigilant, be intelligent, be diligent, be beautiful.But do not try to live by adopted standards of beauty.Be, within yourself, beautiful, and so the world shall see your true beauty, not your attempt at their definition of beauty.But you can be sure that only those worthy of your beauty, those with untainted eyes, will see your true beauty.This is a statement.This is not an arguement,Thus, there is no counter-arguement.Those feeling Arbitary may have a go at it, though.

• Well...no I was necessarily looking for constructive criticism in hopes of improving my image. Maybe I was, or maybe I just want to accept the "itemized list of all the undesirable" traits. I appreciate your insight and you're one of the few answerers that know where I'm coming from. Or one that at least understands that I'm not completely crazy.

• Show Older
    • Lol, awww, Jaron91. Don't feel that way. I relax my hair too. But I like the way it looks, and I get a style that's unique to me. And Hunterboyz, very good points. I overstated the entire post intentionally.

• Very nice +1.. people in general shouldnt alter their image to find the true meaning of beauty.. its already there.. just accept it.

• They're not the least attractive. But you're talking about a predominantly white nation having a preference towards predominantly white women.It's interesting all the generalizations about black women. A lot of such generalization, like the attitude or the weight, come from how black Americans are socialized by each other and the media. They are still recovering from a past so traumatic is sends ripples through the entire race.But it's rather ironic to generalize blacks: Nearly all of the genetic variety in the human species is in Africa and in blacks around the world. Europe, for instance, is the most genetically-homogeneous continent on the planet. The Germanic nations even more so.So you can expect that white people would have a preference for white features. And TBH, the stereotypical black woman (Loud-mouthed, KFC-eating, finger-waving, generously-sized woman.) repulses me to no end. But since when were all black women like that? Here are some women I find quite attractive:Aisha Tyler: link Halle Berry: link Michelle Obama:Not as much physically, but I think she's awesome.Esperanza Spalding: link To finish it off, I have a question for women, then. What do WOMEN have against Asian men? Asian men seem to be viewed as the least desirable men.I've heard enough times "How did that Asian guy end up with a white girl? Like THAT can ever happen." To which I reply "Okay, sure...but they get Asian women!"

• I PERSONALLY DO NOT have a problem with Asian men. In fact, I am absolutely crazy for them!!! From personal experiences, I have been ridiculed for obsessing with Asian men, from women of different backgrounds. Basically, the stereotypes fall into place. It's sickening... It's from the same women that say, "Men don't like me because I'm too fat, I'm too ugly..." But you just did the same external thinking to that Asian man that could have been amazing, etc. I don't get it. I want my future husband to be Asian, I don't want to talk a lot, but my heart is in Korea; both North and South and I plan I marrying someone from there too <3

Asian men are super sexy, it's just that most of them cannot date outside of their race because of their heritage, so I just assume he's unavailable. It's hard for me to find an Asian boyfriend, and believe me... I want one!

• Alot better I believe. I think if you were here you would do a lot better with the guys as well!

• Im a kiwi boy from way down under.

• How are black women treated there? Just like everyone else? I think black women in my country are the most misunderstood. Maybe people think we don't have feelings. Whatever the reason, someone has to be the underdog, everyone else is just glad it's not them, that's why they all pick on black women.

• I think black women are beautiful! black women are treated badly in your country. why is that? I just can't understand why. It seems some people actively try to be racist as I can see from some of the answers below.

• What country are you from? Just curious

• hez a kiwi boy from down under... :) I think it means new zeland :) ryt bro?

• Unattractive?... I have known many black (and white women) in my time. When I went to school, I even dated a few ladies, who happened to be black. And I can tell you this: In our cruel world, there are some hard truths, and one of these is the whole race issue. But as far as I am concerned, I never judge any person on this basis. If I liked a girl, it was because she was hot. I don't care if she was white, black or purple. I think race, unfortunately gets too much attention in our Society. For instance, who Doesn't like Denzel? He's one of the greatest actors of our time. Yet, I can't stand some of these rapper-punks, because they are not gentleman. What kinda guy can't admit that Ms. Beyonce Knowles isn't just delicious?! My God, I would give my right arm to share a pair of whiskeys with her... On the other hand, Paris Hilton? Are you freakin' kidding me? The woman looks like she got hit in the ass with a shovel! No, it's all about class, not skin color. I say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I like to occasionally steal a glance or two at a healthy, sexy young black chick, when my wife isn't lookin...

• I liked your answer and I agree with everything you said. It really made me smile.

• Chin up, Ass up, you are (very) probably a beautiful woman... I would bet from your palaver, anyway. Don't let the whole Black & White issue plague your thoughts. Honestly, when you least thing it, perhaps when you least even want it, a MAN will walk up and express interest in you .

• 7d

Blacks girls actually usually have nicer bodies.

Because people like those who like, or seem to like, them. Most white guys have the same problem that most black women on here have: they believe that the other isn't interested. If you show a white guy (or any guy of any race) that you're interested, then, if he's attracted, he will ask. Now, it might take longer for him to get the hint than it would for a black guy, and you may have to be more direct, because for a while he might believe that it's all in his head and you're just being nice, but he should eventually get it.

Ohhhh, you just made my life wayyyy easier. WOW. That makes sense.

• I'm guessing its a race and cultural issue.Most probably are turned off with the girls from the hood. They form a stereotype that they are all ghetto probably.

• Okay Enough about little wayne lets talk anbout eminiem Yuc, or Mabey Goth Rock ridicoulsly loud speed metal band with all the Meth chicks that run round looking like they are starving to death, Always waking gestures about Oral Sex, and F-ing this of that. Please. Trailor Trash themes and so on .They are the same, what makes them better or more attractive/

• i like them

• It all comes down to this: If a white guy is racist for not being attracted to a black girl, then a white girl is sexist for not being attracted to a white guy.

• Race & gender are entirely two different things. Your argument doesn't make any sense because if a white girl doesn't like white guys doesn't make her sexist. That makes her racist, not sexist. A white guy is not racist for not being attracted to a black girl. I never said that.Don't you think characteristics that you like about white girls can also be found in black girls too? Don't you think there are characteristics that you dislike about black girls that can also be found in black girl

• Show Older
    • I really think you should take a look at the definition of racism yourself. You pointed out a lot of opinions but facts, not so much. You DO think the white race is superior than the black race (actually you said so yourself). You view black people so negatively and you don't care about anything about the black people that are good people and the black people that don't follow the stereotypes.

• Don't listen too much to her, she's just accusing you of being racist. Don't feed her, she's a troll.

• im from south carolina. There are a lot of uneducated people and a lot of black people. So the combination provides the given stereotype that black women are obnoxious. I went to the mall earlier today, there were black girls making a scene. Obviously not all are like this, but the ones that are are like ignorant children, EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Now, I am going to talk about the last sentence in your last paragraph. I ONLY date why girls, because that is the ONLY color I am attracted to. you ARE wrong for assuming there is some racism in that. I don't find dark skin attractive. It is ENTIRELY preference.

• I never said not being attracted to dark skin or preferring light skin is racist, but I did say that in most cases there is some underlying racism behind RACIAL preferences.

• Show Older
    • You skipped over the fact and started judging me, back up, and listen. I am attracted to light skin, just because there are light skinned in every race doesn't mean they are as light skinned as a white girl. and what I was getting at earlier is that I am not going to search the globe for a perfect black girl to date. I really don't care that much. And like I said before, even if there was a black girl that matched my "criteria" there would still probably be a white girl that I liked more.

• I don't care if you are attracted to light skin. The whole point I was trying to make is that there is some is some underlying racism in racial preferences (whether or not you realize it or choose to acknowledge it). There's a reason why you're disregarding all of the black girls that happen to have light skin (and yes they can be as light as a white girl, I have pictures to prove it).

• I'm sure that this isn't true in all places, but in my school all of the black girls hang out with the dumb "gangsters" and I am not interested in that type of girl. I know not all black girls are like the ones in my school, but whenever I see one I unconsciously group them with the dumb gangsters just because that's what I'm used to seeing. Although I know stereotyping is wrong, these stereotypes are there for a reason. Just try and distance yourself from that crowd. Try to get to know people better so they can see what your really like, and people will look past those stupid stereotypes.

• whhatttt a lot of black girls are HOT

• Thank goodness someone thinks so. Not "ok" but "HOT"? That's great!

I just goggled, at guess what it took me less than two minutes to find 10 astonishingly beautiful black women.

Sure they are famous and model quality, but don't say black girls can't be astonishingly beautiful.

List:
    Jada Pinkett Smith
    Emanuela de Paula
    Kerry Washington
    Jessica White
    Gabrielle Union
    Meagan Good
    Melyssa Ford
    Rihanna 3rd Black Females Alive
    Beyonce Knowles
    Halle Berry

• Heck no! I like black girls!

• Show More

What Girls Said 227

• Stupid stereotypes mislead incompetent men

• The world has become an awful sh*t show in some aspects and you shouldn't let it get to you...trust me. I'm african and I have heard it all. Dark skin just has a baddd rap. Media and overall ignorance is to blame.I think it's awful to watch shows( that project a very stereotypical black character)and then base your opinions of AAs off of that. Just like it's ignorant to live in a small town and say,"The couple of black people I came across had attitudes and now I'm just not attracted to black girls. Personalities are based on so many factors..environment,life experiences etc..and that goes for everyone of every race. Then you have those who talk about the way we LOOK. They don't like our boobs,butts,noses,skin color etc. Fine.Thats your preference. But the irony isnatural dark skin gets a thumbs down,meanwhile folks are roasting in the sun to become DARKER. Only to know that their skin is going to become permanently damaged as they age but who cares eh? Folks are flocking to the doc to get collagen injections to make their lip larger! Would ya look at that?! Butt implants,Boob implants etc. Things that a lot of dark women naturally have,others covet and they buy it. But because of our dark skin,we aren't necessarily acknowledged for a lot of positive attributes..physically or otherwise. Enough with the superficial physical aspect,i just had to address it. Racism/prejudice is unfortunately buried deep into the Americas soil. Dark skin has always been thought of as the "lesser". But other parts of the world is different...more receptive even. It's unfortunate that some folks are using this forum to express their racism and predjudices,but at least they are being honest. I say,learn to love every inch of you! You are Gods creation so you are beautiful.

Why does it matter if a non black man wants you or not? That shit is so played out lol

I know this doesn't help much because I'm a chick. But I think black women on average tend to be the BEST looking race of women. They are for more likely in my opinion to have perfect bone structure, perfect curves, beautiful features. And you don't. Fucking. Age.

• I totally understnd how you feel about yourself ,even I'm not a black girl...I've got to say tht all this generalization came from those white media.The same thing in Asia,why do most people here tend to adore light/white skin a lot? Its because the media keep brainwashing tht white is everything.Just compare lightening skin product with tanning product(even now its getting famous),yet you can see which one used to be published on tv. So its obvious tht the generalization became even more stronger tho.About dating black girl I think most white parents don't really agree of this(my point of view).I have talked to LOTS of white guy and they tend to say they rather choose asian/Hispanic over black women and when I asked why the answer must be something like "its my preference"(even I know it has something to do with looks/skin colour)...But honestly I think tyra banks,selita ebanks,rihanna are more pretier than some white chicks,can you imagine if Kate Moss,Heidi and Miley have those skin colour,how will they look like? LMAO...Im rolling on the floor now.But those black celeb still can look stunning with those skin means tht they are pretty in any condition they r.The thing is they won't admit it directly.If you felt bad about this I'm going to say tht is not only you who facing this descrimination,in asia also the same thing happen for people who have dark complexion.Its regarded as low statue especially for the indians and chinese. First I used to blame and cursed Asian of having this kind of mind set thinking but when I think back its all started from western,n the Asian seems ATE their 'poison'. So wht you can do here is PLEASE IGNORE all those f***ing racist alien who keep making you felt low self esteem.Coz whtever you do and where you wanna run you can't do much about people mind set thinking.Wht you need to do now is just be yourself and don't ever change yourself for those retards.Again as I said,those media brought all this.Blck girls are pretty like other women as well,its just those KKK granbaby who object tht.Have a nice day;)

• The posts you're seeing online about black women being unattractive are from people with extreme views who feel strongly enough about the matter to broadcast their opinions. The people who don't feel as strongly won't feel the need to post such things, which means you're rarely ever getting their side of the argument.Plus, there are a lot of negative stereotypes about black women. I've heard plenty of people (including black women) say that black women have attitudes, and white women are more submissive--that's an insult to women of both races. The media doesn't do much to stop the stereotypes either.But I'm white, and I live in a predominantly black area. I know plenty of really attractive black girls, and plenty who are in relationships. When I was in high school, the white kids mostly dated people from outside of school or each other since no one else really showed interest. In cases like that and the one you described at your school, I think it's a matter of being in the minority, and the minority just happens to be a particular race.

• feel that way sometimes too x.X so far outta all the guys answers its mostly the attitude that they don't like xD and the media really does not help >.> specially with chicks like New York walkin around with cake face makeup and think they all that when theyre really not T.T

• Yes, they say it's the attitude they don't like but I don't see where they are coming from with that. I've met more white girls with an "attitude" than black girls (of course that might be because I there are more white people than black people here)

• there arnt that many black guys because they are all in jail

• There not Asians are

• Darn, that sucks...I'm half black half asian. Now I feel even worse.

• Just be happy with who you are and you'll be desired by anyone you want. Don't worry about being black or asian or w/e. Have confidence that's all a girl needs

lol not true some westerners go to japan just to screw Asian girls cx

• 11d

I hope you are in a better place now. This question seems to be posted months ago?

• Ok I'm going to be completely honest with you now and I don't want any hateful comments. I'm black (Nigerian) and I live in a predominantly white area that is adjacent to a really diverse area. I also go to a predominantly white school. I think the reputation of black women has been tainted. We are seen in such a negative light because of the way we are portrayed in the media. Shows like Jerry Springer and Maury make us look like we are promiscuous and low down and also unintelligent. Also, have you noticed how movies always show black people in the ghetto or show black women as saying things like "um hmm sister girl" "oh no he didn't" and rolling their heads and smacking their teeth. It's ignorance and people that don't really understand black people are going to say and do things because of what they've seen from a few black people. The media also has a greater affect on people than they know. I think it really depends on the people you are around because I'm black but I get attention from all color guys and I like guys of all different races including my own. It's just the way things are in the world you're always going to get the ignorant people and the more open minded. Also, it's the way some black girls act that causes them to be seen that way honestly there are some black girls that don't know how to act and people seeing that makes everyone think we are the same. I advise you to do what makes you happy and date whoever makes you happy. I know a whole bunch of white girls my friends included who are single so it's not just black girls (I blame it on the guys of today but whatevs haha). I definitely wouldn't judge all black girls because of what a handful do. It all depends on who raised you and where you were raised. Black girls usually have the hardest lives and go through a lot so they sometimes come off a little stronger than others. They don't mean to but you are a product of your environment. I'm Nigerian so I wasn't really taught to act the way other black girls around me usually do and I also live around a lot of white people so I'm also a product of my environment.Don't feel bad about how you look because of your skin color because let me tell you black is beautiful. If you carry yourself well, take care of yourself people notice no matter what color you are and if their are racists then screw them they don't matter because they're stuck in a fantasy world where they haven't realized that yeah there are other races other than mine and they are no different than mine it's ignorance that's in these people and that's the way they will always be. Do what's best for you and celebrate being black because that's part of what makes you beautiful : )

• Ok, I'm not a guy but I am white, and I have to say I'm jealous of black women. You can get away with big asses, I've always loved your hair, and I get the impression you have nicer skin re: blemishes, acne etc. Also you don't get sunburn >_> 10 minutes and I'm a lobster.

• Sweetheart be proud of your culture...forget the asses that believe black women aren't attractive. I guarantee you that America is probably the only place in the world where you would be considered ugly. Black women have been known for being strong and somewhat domineering in your homeland but considering everything and the fact that they had to fight for everything then it is to be expected. Where I live in the Caribbean being a black women is more than the colour of our skin, here we are intelligent, gentle but firm when need be, wonderful life partners, proud mothers, leaders of countries, doctors, lawyers, humanitarians, teachers, artistes in every sense of the word and a beautiful people. Ignore them and remember that you come from a long line of women just like that.Not everywhere in the world is the standard for beauty long straight hair, a straight nose, thin lips, coloured eyes, fake breasts, skinny hips, collegen and a flat bottom.

• Oh honey, don't let this get to you. I think you need to understand that there is a difference for a man between being attracted to a woman physically and being attracted to a woman where you want to date her. Some of the white guys around you would loss their minds at the thought of having sex with you. Men love variety. They really are curious what all women look like naked. So a man can be immensely attracted to a woman, regardless of race, but he may not ever pursue a relationship with her. Men hate rejection. Women do too but men have to face it more since they are the ones asking out the other person. So what happens? Men become very logical about what choices they have to make. A guy may see you, think you are beautiful, but logically he thinks you only date black guys or their is a "cultural difference" (even if you grew up in the same culture) or he thinks that you may not be attracted to him. Men go for women they think they can get. Black women are very hard for most men to approach because they are stereotypically strong, confident, ball busters. And a lot of men, especially those in white culture, don't know how to handle it. A perfect example of this is my best friend and her sister. They are half black and live in a white community. Everyone says they look alike so physically they really aren't too different. And before you assume they are both models, they aren't. They are both pretty but average also. But my friend has been asked out by white men, Mexican men, black men, and Asian men. And she is currently with a Jewish guy. While her sister has never been asked out. Why? Because my friend is sweeter in personality. She is kind and gentle and compassionate. When we go out together, I just see her flash that sweet smile and those doe eyes at a guy and he melts. He doesn't care if she is purple, you can tell he is thinking up how he can pick up on her cause he thinks he has a chance now. But her sister is a hard ass. Guys are afraid to ask her out. I'm not saying you should change your personality. Just understand that a lot of the guys that know you may think you would never date them in a million years even if they find you stunning. So hang in there. One day a guy who is brave enough will step up.

• i don't know much about being attracted to any female because I am not gay buT I am a white female and I only date black men and I have asked the same question to a lot of black men and most of them say most black females have smart allek attitudes and are too loud and obnoxious an are gold diggers. (REMEMBER THIS WAS THIER ANSWER NOT MINE) I also think white men are too worried about what other white folks will say if they were to date a black female but where I live a lot of white men date black females well actually where I live all sorts of different people date different races. I feel like this wether you believe in god or you don't we all came from the same place so it shouldnt matter who you date as long as they treat you respectfully and love you . I wish you the best of luck and I hope you can find some one who likes you for you and not just what you look like even though you are probably beautiful and I agree no matter what color boys shold be last on the list of importance when in school.

• Hmm I don't know why some guys feel that way. I'm a black chick and every single guy I've dated/hooked up with has been white. That's just how things happened. I'm educated, quiet, and not intimidating so maybe that's why white guys are comfortable around me. It's a shame but a lot of black girls do perpetuate the loud/boisterous/"ghetto" stereotype, and that can definitely render us unattractive.

• Too right I think a lot has to do with culture and personality. British blacks who go to British schools aren't really seen as different by most men.

• Yeah, I'm just about the same....

Yes, I agree, and white people pay millions of dollars to look like us, the hair, the tans, the lips, but it is still bad to be black. It is downright insulting and wrong. Plus these guys say they like ass and like tits, but they date skinny ass white girls with nothing, saying we are too "fat". I just sounded so ghetto with this comment, and so racist, but hey, it's true.

• I have to admit that there are some very truthful, honest and educated comments regarding this question. So instead of repeating what has alreaady been said I will just comment on something that I do not believe has been brought up. Yes, most the peopleon this site may not be racist BUT their parents grew up in a different time and they may be. Most people care what their parents think and I have experienced white men that like me and think I am beautiful but have told me straight up they couldn't see bringing a black girl home to their families. For some reason Asian women are acceptable but not black or hispanic to bring home to mom.

• oh good god. girl with your self esteem you really shouldn't have asked this question. I can definitely relate to how you're feeling. I'm a black girl (half white though) and I went to predominantly white schools and I remember feeling the exact same way. once I learned more about our history in this country, racism, blacks in the media, etc. I started to love myself more because I understood things a bit better. I have dated several white guys but I'm not so foolish to think most of them are into black girls. a hell of a lot of them are not attracted to us. you can see the racism in like half the answers on this page girl. that should speak loudly enough for you to understand that not everyone is on the same level mentally and ignorance is like a cancer pretty much killing one mind at a time when it comes to race and culture. do not obsess over this because it will break you. I know. the thing you have to accept is that there is virtually nothing you can do about it. just be yourself. sure, present yourself well enough but don't feel like every action has to be a direct contradiction to the stereotype held high for us. I'm very loud. I know this is a stereotype but its how I am and I'm not going to change that just because a bunch of ignoramuses think we are the loudest. if there aren't any white guys who like you for you then you'll just have to accept that. I'm sure one will though. almost all my black girl friends are or have dated white guys. no kidding. one of my black friends is obsessed with asian guys and dates them like crazy. I've seen it all really.

• Thanks for your answer. I'm not loud but don't really seen what's so bad about being loud in the first place. Most people that are loud have a lot of confidence and guys are always saying they love confident girls. I'm not like eager to get white guys or any guy. I just notice an overwhelming amount of black women around me are single, and at school I notice not a lot of guys socialize with black girls. At my school I've only seen one interracial couple involving black girl.

• Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? if you do that's okay lol

• I don't think black girls are ugly, just like every other race, some white bitches are fugly lol Chinese, mexican, it don't matter all races have somewhat an ugly person... but I'm white, my ex who is also white told me him and his new girlfriend wanted to come kick it so I was like sure whatever, and he texted me like "She is black, don't be racist!" PFT as if I'm racist! he goes around calling his own "white" mom a Ni****. so this girl and him show up and DAMN, This girl was way pretty for a black girl, It just depends, take good care of yourself, your skin, and you are just as beautiful. Every race has their own unique qualitys that make them beautiful!

• i think you should watch White Chicks to compare blond dumb bitches to african american girls who tend to say "I'M GONNA BUST YO MUTHAF()CKIN ASS", and see which one is more approachable and therefore more desirable xDBut yet, there are many black girls that are very beautiful and desirable in this industry.Look at Halle Berry and Beyonce for example. They are beautiful, gorgeous and sexy women that men of all nationalities drool over.I also think that Alicia Keys is very beautiful, but she is half white.What do most of these women have in common? They have class.Thanks to comedians and tv, the media has portrayed african american women to be ghetto, and unmannered people.I believe that there are A LOT of intelligent, talented and or beautiful african american girls there, and if you let it shine through, you'll be very desirable.Being black is not a factor in what men seeks as a partner. I've seen many black people hanging out with whites and having white boyfriends. therefore I think its also based on the culture and who you hang out with. If you hang out with your own race, you are definitely going to date someone black. Chinese date chinese if chinese people is the only race they hang out with. However, if you mix with the whites, chances are very high that you will date a nice caucasian male.Good luck

• I'm not a guy.. and not bi or gay but do find beauty in women. I live near New Orleans and see that the black girls here are beautiful. I also.. for some reason... have a "ghetto booty"... which in the end... I find black guys and white guys white a big ass obsession love. I have met more black girls in my time who were married or dated a white guy. So, don't get discouraged. You'll find that there are probably a lot of white guys who find you attractive but won't say so because of the stigma of mixing races or dating outside of race (which I find dumb as hell). So, to the guy who said that black girls are the ugliest... probably himself is ugly. I do hope as you get older come into your own and feel more better about yourself. If I were near I would hug ya girl!

• And for the record, I have seen many interracial black girl/white guy couples in London. Take one of my friends. Black, and she has a white boyfriend, and I am pretty sure she has only dated white guys. They love her! Also, in Germany of all places, German couple, black f, white m.

• I am a straight white girl, and personally don't date guys that aren't white, as a personal preference. But I know a hot guy when I see one, regardless of race! As for black girls, Most I have seen I consider to be very attractive! Some people have said some nasty, racist things on here. Just know you are beautiful, and look in the mirror, and look at yourself and tell yourself you are beautiful! Race doesn't matter...ok, easy for me to say. I am white (although, part Pakistani, part Irish too though, so very fair!) and English. I think racism against blacks is more commonplace in the US then London. Funnily enough. I am caucasion in a mostly afro caribbean area of London!So, race to me doesn't matter...it's about the person inside, to me!

• I don't think this is a very educated question. I am a black girl and I've had nothing but white and latino boyfriends my whole life, all of them good looking. I'm told by all races that I'm beautiful and I'm not saying this out of conceit but because it's obviously not about my race with them. Some people who have posted before me said it has to do with personality and I agree. I'm not the typical black girl but if you listen to pop culture, black culture, hip hop culture, black men and women are conditioned to look for all the wrong things in a potential partner. It goes much deeper than that of course...I see what you mean at the same time, one of my ex's who I just posted a question about ( link had a similar issue with me. He would tell me at the beginning of our relationship that none of his white friends had ever dated a black girl but 'no that never bothered him' and I excused it as him just being insecure about it because it's new... I just realized that there are some people who aren't cultured enough as children and therefore can't let go of preconceived notions, even if there heart is in it.Idk if you are black or not, I don't know if you specified but if you wanna date outside of your race, pursue it with rash abandon. Not everyone is a negative prick so if you ever wanna talk, add me and message me.

• How is it not an educated question? Of course there are many black girls that do date interracially (my mom being one of them, because I'm only 1/2 black but I consider myself black), but in my area at least, the interracial couples involving a black girl are far less common than than the ones involving a non-black girl. In fact, I don't even see black girls with black guys as much anymore.

• Show Older
    • Yeah I live in LA area and I have a friend that lives in San Diego area and she's black too and we only date white guys yet I haven't seen it very often I just know if it's something you want just go out and get it, be involved in all social groups but I really don't know. When my friend lived in Santa Barbara, a predominantly white area, white guys liked her but were afraid to date her. She still unapologetically went after what she wanted. Sorry if my post was insulting but what are you trying

• To achieve from this question? if you really want to date interracially it shouldn't matter what other people think. just do what you want and have confidence in yourself and not some statistics you heard. if everyone listened to other people we'd be nowhere in this world.

• i disagree with what you're trying to do, you cannot look to the internet to get the answers for that, some people are going to be even more cruel and blow your self esteem further, you ever wondered why Oprah and other famous people don't reply to critics, because it is not important. You need to visit sitesthat build self esteem, it seem you are looking in all the wrong places. No one has the authority to speak on which race is rough or cute gimme a break, some whites, Chinese , blacks all have their nice looking and ugly people. WHO CARES! a sad group of people will like you to care but you are wasting your time. YOU ARE WHAT EVER YOU FEEL! LOOK AT OPRAH, HALLE BERRY they don't give a sh*t they just live the life they were given!

• I know many Caucasian males who prefer Black Women. What I think is sad, is that you're desperately trying to get the attention of Caucasian males. I understand there is a shortage of African American males in your school, but this should not plummet your self-esteem. Maybe the men in your school choose to date women within their race. It's not always a bad thing. Do not take it too personal. Another reason why you probably have not attracted a White male is because you are thinking about it too much! I am a Black Woman. I have never been in a relationship with someone outside my race...but I have always been approached by White males. But if they didn't approach me, my self esteem certainly would not plummet!

• Well,I think that the reason most white guys stick to a girl of their race is because they are more similiar.A lot of times,when you like someone its for the qualities that match your own.As for the black guys,I have no idea what is going on inside their heads and have no explanation for their actions.Black girls are most defidentally NOT ugly.I've seen many beautiful black women.Dont degrade yourself by comparing yourself to todays beauty standards because what they call 'beautiful' is sometimes mud ugly.If they said roadkill was beautiful people would believe them.And it is not just black girls that catch the crap,its anyone that looks different in general.It could be the way you dress,the color of your skin,facial shape,hell,it could even be your socks! But,people are shallow and judgemental,just ignore them.I know its hard,trust me,I know.You know what though? You are better off in the end.Its not just racism its shallow-ness(if that's a word).I am white and I know there is no excuse for what they are doing.Just remember we are not all like that.Boost your confidence up,girl,it'll get better!I really hope I helped.

• You are so nice.! :))

• I guess you're right about the similarities thing, but honestly most of the black girls in my neighborhood are like the white girls. We all grew up in the same environment so other that appearance, we are all the same. Actually, I've moved on past this whole complex of mine. I still think about it sometimes but it's not a big deal to me anymore. My self-esteem is much better now even though nothing has really changed other than that (I still don't have a bf), but thanks so much for your answer

• No problem and I'm glad your self-esteem is better. =)

• This is a hard and touchy subject to discuss but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't respond. As an African American female I can honestly said there is absolutely no race/ethnicty in this entire world that I would like to be other than African American. People in this country especially have many brain washed for many centuries on "Blacks" in American and their signifance in the history book you will mainly see us talked about as slaves and there is no shame in that because it only made us stronger and wiser. Black people have the potential to dominant this world and I believe one main man started that trend already this year no need to say his name (B.O.). However, it has been imbedded in our minds that "white is right" or "lighter is better" and we all know that's not true at ALLL! When other races say I would date a black girl but not the dark skinned ones just the light skinned ones I find that not to be a perference but ignorance because in that case its all about imagine and being comfortable because that's what they used to do during the apartie that took place in South Africa during Mendela's era. The light-skinned blacks were acceptable but not the dark skinned one. If you;re going to like a race you like them as a WHOLE not by certain groups or types. Its like be dating a white guy who wears Tims and raps or drives cars with rims and trys to act black...what;s the point if I wanted to date and black guy I would go for the real thing not someone who is trying to be something he is not. My point blank is don't let anyone especially a man vaildate your beauty...yes Black women are strong, aggressive at times, and bald, but that's what makes us unique we don't put up with the bullsh*t like white, asian, or latino girls do. Their men can be cheating on them and disrespecting them and they won't say anything (not all because I can't generalize) but we don't and that's why most guys are intiminated by us. Believe me girl nomatter how racist a guy is he always looks because I get looks and compliments from all races not trying to bragg but black is beautiful and noone can deny that. You will find your prince charming someday. Hope this helps!

• I'm a black female and I live in a really multi culturual city still I mainly date white guys not sure why I'm just more attracted to them. When I meet guys they usually are like I've never been with a black girl before. I find it less common now that I'm older. The ratio of good looking black girls or athelic in size is few and far between where I come from. I think that if you are a black and female you have to keep up with being thin and being pretty. that's just how I see things here.

• I'm pretty thin. Well I'd like to think I'm average in body size, but I'm probably considered very thin in the black community. What do you mean by being "pretty" though? What's pretty for a black girl? Why do black girls have to be gorgeous to be considered equally as pretty as an average non=black girl. It doesn't matter if I let myself go and get fat, guys aren't going to like me anyway because I'm black.

• Girl have to ask, why do you think you have to be thin??? That really is the whole beauty thing again. I've always been attracted to black females more ( WAY MORE ) then any orther woman, and believe me girl its not the thin women that sends me CRAZY ( SO SEXY ). I kow a lot of guys that think the same has me, and a lot of white guys too. What I'm trying to say is that there's TONS & TONS of guys out there that love a curvy woman, and I mean LOVE!!!!! Love all sorts of women!!

• Show More