• Ask
  • myTake

How would you feel if your boyfriend/girlfriend didn't wish you a Happy New Years?

The question says it all. Would you feel offended at all, or not really care? My boyfriend has been acting aloof for the past two days and I don't... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I would be kind of disappointed, but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend won't wish me a Happy New Year tonight either. My boyfriend has been aloof for the last few weeks as well, sometimes it happens. I wouldn't stress over it too much. Usually people are just genuinely too busy to really take notice, stuff happens and they for whatever reason forget to text. He probably still loves you, just had something come up or was with his family or something.I'm spending New Years alone, not by choice it just happened to end up that way. My boyfriend went with his family, and I tried to make plans with friends, but that didn't work out either. It's not a big deal. New years can be fun by yourself or just with friends or even family. And if he doesn't wish you a Happy New Year, don't fret. Maybe he will admit he forgot and wish you one tomorrow :) If not, Happy New Year from Canada :D !

What Guys Said 9

• I wouldn't care, they're probably spending time with family.

• but a simple text takes like 1 second to send

• Yeah and the conversation after that takes 3 hours. I seriously wouldn't mind, I don't really make a big deal out of holidays.

• I would think that they probably didn't make a big deal about new years which I can understand.

• I personally wouldn't care. I myself hold no value to the whole Happy New Year thing. Atleast not the act of saying it.

• Happy New Years! :D *hug*

• yay! thanks XD

• :) you are very welcome :)

• Aloof yes.But I generally don't wish anyone happy new years unless it's for political reasons lol. NEW years DO NOT MATTER people.

• I fell asleep in bed well before midnight and slept straight through to morning because I was so exhausted. I woke up this morning and my girlfriend had texted me happy new years. I just texted it back to her now.

• exactly the same as I do now lol

• and how do you feel now, may I ask? lol

• Don't make assumptions till it comes to pass.

• but if he doesn't?

• Show Older
    • Well it's a relatively recent relationship (3 weeks so far) so that might make it less worrisome, I suppose...

• To me it'd make it more worrisome, its easier to leave someone when your not far into the relationship and haven't gotten to know em too well, and even a possibility that they've been debating in their mind whether to leave or not for weeks, due to thinking it could get better. But don't let this get to you, it hasn't come to pass yet.

• It won't be the end of the world, I mean I'd find it sort of odd if he doesn't kiss you but..it's not necessary to say that

• I wish he could... it's a semi long-distance relationship (45 minutes)

• Show Older
    • My parents are unaccepting of him. His aren't.

• Then looks like you have much more than New Years to figure things out...

What Girls Said 12

• umm, say happy new year to him then!

• Did he wish you a happy newyear?

• nope...

• Did you text him?

• well... I will feel bad of course...but if to have fought over something then maybe he won't. why don't you call him and wish him

• Well I mean I think they were stupid but that's there deal

• At first I probably wouldn't be happy about it. But it's just probably not as big a deal to him as it is to others. Did he ever tell you?

• No he didn't... I know I shouldn't be feeling as upset as I do about it, but I just feel like it's a really simple thing that he should've said... I mean I got texts from people I hardly even talk to anymore wishing me a Happy New Year's, but I didn't get one from him...

• Awww, then I can understand why you were upset. With me, it was Christmas and I wished everyone a Merry Christmas, including my boyfriend. I never got anything back from him that day so I know exactly how you feel.

• I personally would be upset. I know to many people New Years isn't really A big day, however, I think that if you are dating someone , it's one of those days that you show you care...and it's out of respect that you wish the person you are with a happy New Year.

• i'd feel sad.hope he says it to you :)

• id be upset new years for couples is about the midnight kiss how can a boyfriend ignore his girlfriend on that night? and I don't get how people can not celebrate new years the whole world is celebrating it partying its all over TV and random people on the street wish you happpy new year why would a boyfriend wish his gf? something is just shady about that.

• I would feel upset for sure. It hurts when the closest person to your heart doesn't remember something like that whereas friends and acquittance seem to remember. I wouldn't fight over it though. I would just send him a text joking about it and see what he says. If he jokes back saying "Oh! I totally forgot! Happy New Year babe" then it's fine. People forget, it's fine. If he replied in a lame way, then I won't fight but I would distance myself from him for a bit until he comes around and indulge me. :)

• End the relationship ! :D *lols*

• The guy I'm seeing hasn't wished me happy new years yet and I'm kind of disappointed because I wanted him to do it at midnight :( (It's 2:40am here)

• Awww :( I'm debating whether or not to just send him one myself...