• Ask
  • myTake

Why is my guy being distant?

I have been seeing this guy off and on for quite sometime and have been pretty much okay with him popping in and out of my life, until I realized he's someone I could see myself with in the long run. during one of the times that he was out of my life, I got back together with an ex. I knew this really upset him and every once and a while he made an effort to let me know that. I couldn't get him out of my head so I knew the relationship I was in had to end. Now I've been trying to take baby steps with him but every time I try to pull closer he feels more distant. I don't understand after he was the one making an effort to tell me how he feels. I'm a college student and he is back home so I know that plays a part but now I'm home from school and he he hasn't made any effort to see me. we have plans this Saturday to go to NYC, should I bring up him being so distant and how should I approach this topic without seeming clingy or desperate?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What Girls Said 1

• He is distant because he thinks you aren't serious about him. That feeling popped up in his mind when you got back with your ex. He felt that you wanted a guy, any guy and he is no special to you. Look to the bright side! Now you know why he is distant. Try to tackle this problem by talking to him. Being honest , straightforward and calm is the key. Tell him politely "Did I hurt you because I got back with my ex? Is it the reason you are distant? Does it make you feel not special to me?" with a smile on your face and holding his hands. Teust me he will open up to you. Then, you need to make him feel special by explaining why you got back with your ex, how much you like him, etc...Good luck. :)