What does it mean when a guy gives a vague answer about having a gf?

I work with him and we talk casually sometimes. I noticed him smiling and looking at me more, so I asked him if he had a girlfriend. He said " kinda lol it's complicated and long distance", I didn't ask any more questions about the "gf". My question is, why did he give such a vague answer, and... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Its exactly how he puts it, he is in a "kind of" relationship and he doesn't want to lie about it. Also its a long distance and complicated. Since he isn't a player he is being honest and dose not want to hold two hands at once. That is why, you are putting to much thought into it. Guys are simple creatures. You can always push his buttons and make him say yes, if you really wanted to.

• Lol no I'm not going to mention it any further, I will let it be and if they break he knows in interested and he can call me right?

• Yep.. he knows, so let him do the work if he wants something.