Why do guys flirt with girls if they have a girlfriend?

I'm talking to this guy and I know he has a girl but he flirts with me and leading me on but he has a girl. Telling me that he finds me very attractive and that I'm always looking nice at work, Why do guys do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• first, be careful not to generalize. just think about it, some girls can be exactly the same.

second, even after you have examined that and still think guys are more flirtatious, the reason may lie in the genetic code -- guys are simply more biological inclined to have multiple partners.

now, I won't go into the whole biology lessons here, but if you've learned about evolutionary biology, males are all about quantity while females all about quality. it is male's duty to inseminate and impregnate as many females as possible therefore propagate his genes throughout the population as much as possible. it is female's duty to find and stick to the most genetically superior male she can and have him impregnate her. females are just biologically more inclined to have one partner at a time because they can bear only one child at time.

however bear in mind, this isn't to say all men and women are like that. there's also the cultural overlay. humans are animals that are heavily influenced with monogomous culture. so in the end it's all up to the individuals.

• This is a real good answer. Sad and true.

• Wow, I've never thought about it that way before...the part about females....