Why does he call me if he's really 'not that into' me?

This guy I've known for three years (whom I'm in deep deep love with) is playing games with me all the time! Sometimes we would see each other as 'friends' then another time he wants to be 'lovers'! He has plenty of 'FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS' but says he doesn't want ME to be one as he gets CONFUSED about how he feels about me! He would sometimes distance himself saying he needs 'space' then he would contact me again as if nothing had happened! I am in love with him but I'm not even sure he knows it! At one time I actually believed he had deeper feelings for me too - based on stuff he would do (buy me gifts, let me take his child home etc) these things he said he would only do if cared enough about someone'.

I believed him as he seemed sincere at the time though there have been a few negatives like someone else turned up at his place when he was expecting me first then he asked ME to turn back!

Anyway, he's stopped contacting me now (last heard from over a week ago -and this is long for him as I used to hear from him almost daily!), he didn't return my last call only spoke to me online when he caught me there by chance and he says he doesn't want to sleep with me anymore..(he's said this before and we'd always end up in bed) he is my friend and I miss him but I can't stand the constant rejection and disrespect anymore!

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, you deserve better than this. I have been there, it won't change and you'll only get hurt.

I know you don't want to hear that, but based on what you wrote here it seems to me that he has too many issues to ever treat you right.

I know how hard it is to let go (i was in this kind of relationship with ons and offs for 6 years!) but I am so happy that I finally realised it/he will never change and stepped out.

Best of luck!

Remember, he has no right to treat you this way, you deserve better, and you will get better as soon as you let go of him.

• The weird thing is, he said exactly that to me (that I deserve better) and that's why now he doesn't want to sleep with me! Actually, come to think of it, he's probably just too scared to say he doesn't fancy me and that's all there is to it!