Why are guys so immature?

im in high school, and I feel like the guys around me are so immature. I know I'm far from perfect (after all, I'm putting off chem homework in order to blog and do my yoga project), but the way they act, become so animated over small things, do they do it on purpose? or are they truly unaware of how appalling their behavior is, to me a 17 year old girl (not a teacher!)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• What is your idea of what a mature 17 year old guy should be?

• someone who acts at LEAST as mature as I did at 13. diving across classrooms and pretending to tackle teachers and singing about how they like p**** lips in front of me just doesn't fit my expectations, but am I asking for too much?

• You are not asking for too much, but I can tell you that you won't easily find what you're looking for in guys that . Some guys want to thoroughly enjoy their youth and to get away with behavior that would be frowned upon lets say 5 years later. Most guys want to live in the moment and others may think more long term. You should think of the priorities and responsibilities of a 17 year old

What Guys Said 4

• Why are women so emotional? link

• i guess guys really don't realize they are immature then? thanks for answering my question!

• This is life. Also, there is a hostility in the school system against guys.

• quick, pull my finger !

• Men don't mature as fast as women...HOWEVER, older men AND older WOMEN can be just as immature...you just tend to see it more with younger people

What Girls Said 2

• Ugh... I know exactly what you mean. I'm not quite in high school yet, but the guys my age are so immature, and kinda stupid. Stupid on purpose really. Because if one of them (particularly the "popular" ones) happened to get on the honor roll, they would be known as a "try hard". I don't see what's so wrong about trying your best, anyways? I guess they'll be the ones regretting it when they can't get in to any university and have a job flippin' burgers. They also act like everythings a big deal, spend their time trying to come up with stupid things to say (for example, they came up with "stoop" for the word stupid), and can't treat anyone with respect. Like you said, I'm not perfect either, but at least I'm trying :/... I'm not saying all guys are like this, but majority are, plus I would way rather hang out with a mature, sweet, guy than one of those guys, who I am kind of embarrased to know for the most part.

• why are girls cursed with maturing SO much faster than boys? if I'm out people always assume I'm either in college or have already graduated. and I know it's not cause I'm sproutin' wrinkles. Just hang with the nerds, though they can be immature in junior school, they are much more pleasing to talk to in high school. I'm friends with the 'freaks' who trade stocks, tour colleges with me, stay up late helping each other edit papers,occupy wall street.if you can handle the -pop points,its worth it

• Lol that's so true! I've always wondered if anyone has ever noticed that girls mature way before guys. I actually do hang out with the "nerds" lol. I guess I'm one too though. To be honest, I don't find them that bad to hang out with, there's nothing wrong with them. Sure, we're not popular, but I don't care. If popular means being immature, then I don't want to be it. Anyways, I don't really find my "nerd herd" as we like to call it, immature. And we still have the best times together :)

• I hear you! I'm hoping there's annothing improvement in college =\

• *an...not annotating. Stupid smartphone

• There will be. Though at that point it will be a mix between the idiots you saw in high school, the pretentious douchebags you see pretty much everywhere these days, and the ones who actually smartened up and became human beings.

• i know. I wish they would at least act FIVE years younger than me. but no, I guess I'm gonna have to hold out for another year.