Why has the number of male players gone up over the last few years?

I'm a heterosexual male, but often take notice of this around the bars, and within the general public. It seems that the amount of males playing women has sky rocketed. Understandably that people in general mature, or change throughout life, but after studying a few years of psychology, and sociology. It's become apparent that a higher percentage of males are now classified as (Players), or one who misguide women into sleeping with them, or misleading them into a situation that is untrue.

Has anyone else seen this within the last year? I've read a study a few months back. That had studied men over the last 40 years, and how they would approach women as a whole. The study continued to show that the percentage of male subjects have now gone up to around 60 to even70 percent of males being generalized as players. Usually it drops off at the age of 26 to 28, but I can't believe that 30% of men are the only ones considered to be Gentlemen per-say.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have noticed that. And it is because you can't approach the average woman at the club anymore and just tell them what's on your mind and what you would like to do. For example. "Hi I noticed you from over there and I was wondering if I could get to know you. Maybe give you my number and we could go out some time." Would get the guy laughed out of the club today.

My friend calls the current phenomenon "Selling a dream" Because that's all they will buy. I was having this same conversation with my sister. And I told her straight up. no one goes to the club to find their soul mate. And if they do, they are a fool.

But I have to say it works both ways,

The club scene is like a game The girls are trying to trick the guys into buying them drinks. And the guys are trying to... Well you know. And the victor is whoever gets what they want by the end of the night. Or by morning.

I don't really go to clubs anymore. unless I actually go with someone. because you can't get to know someone in a club. Aside from the music blaring and the alcohol being thrown back. People lie. Plain and simple. The club scene is worst that teenagers on the internet...

which is why internet dating is becoming more common place. You have to find a place where genuine people go to meet other genuine people. Million dollar idea? the club scene is a place to go hook up.

• Thanks for your advice, and I will completely with you on every level of your interpretation on discussing today's male and female agenda. Life has sure changed from when our parents grew, and I am with you on the idea to stay away from meeting girls at bars. I've not yet once met a girl at a bar who has not at least once tried to hook-up at a later date, or time.

• it was so much easier when the adults forced you to marry someone. No lie. No misleads. No trickery. Just two people being forced to live under the same roof. Sad that that sounds better than people meeting and trying to take advantage of each other...

What Girls Said 23

• Why has the number of male players gone up over the last few years?

Probably because most guys want to be players and can be players with PUA and sex outside of relationships being common. I think it's simply a combination of guys having the knowledge and environment to do as they desire as I don't see most male fantasies, paradises, p*rn, or envied lifestyles about a committed monogamous relationship rather it's about f*cking lots of young attractive gals.

Has anyone else seen this within the last year?

I have seen being quite a bit of players who use PUA tactics.

• I feel this trend may be due to how society is changing. We are becoming very materialistic, always going after the newest, hottest thing, which I believe is transfering into our relationships. As soon as a guy(the player) feels that his new girlfriend is old(been together a long time and not attracted as much as before) they want to upgrade, or trade them in for the newest girl who has caught their eye. which is bad for woman who want a real relationship. Women can be this way as well not just men.

• We are wired to over-reach and get better and better.

We want better things,better health,better food,better living conditions or a better relationship.

I won't be a hurt if my girlfriend dumps me for someone better than me.

So I see nothing wrong in when a guy searches for someone better.

• It's the fake men for fake women epidemic. Players are idealistic - Gentlemen are realistic. A Player wants a woman to fit into the role he has created in his mind for her - A Gentleman does not try to change a woman he is interested in to suit any idealisms he may have, instead he takes the realistic approach and accepts that no one is perfect.

• I'm honestly not sure, but it's sad that so many guys with great potential sacrafice the good in them so that they can live up to some disgusting idea.

• all I have to say is jersey shore. it created a new expectation for men. so unfortunate.

• it has, but people were acting like that b4 the show aired.

• yup, I agree. don't know why all the down arrows,but ok.

• It's the men who are worshiping "Jersey Shore" lol. I agree with you, and this theory. It's an addition to the situation.

More from Girls
18

What Guys Said 17

• The idea that '70% if men are players' is a joke. Also I would disagree that players are about 'misguiding' women into sleeping with them. If anything that's less true then it ever was in the past. Once upon a time the majority f women only had sex with guys they thought wanted a commitment, and lying was how 'players' got sex. Now huge numbers if women want casual sex. Mentioning commitments or relationships actually makes those women NOT have sex. Te modern player is much more about creating a 'this is just fun and we both want it and are mature and cool and can enjoy sex' vibe.

Are more guys players (ie guys who attempt to base attracting women in what appears to be successful) more common? Yes. The word is slowly getting out.

• The PUA community, would be my guess.

Suddenly, a lot of guys got this thought in their heads that "If I act like a hardass and like I don't care, she'll be all over me" and it just spiraled into technique after technique from there.

• In my book a player is not a bad thing. If you have women who don't want a relationship then its OK to have sex with them. Also if they give up sex on the first date or later during date then they are not girlfriend material. For me to have a girlfriend she would have to make me wait for sex and have something going on in her life. untill I find that I will play the player role cause last week I mess around with this milf and every since then she has been hitting my phone up saying good morning and all. and am like huhh how werid chill out you have two kids and am like 22 lol

• Women are easier these days. I blame the media. I wish I could be a "playa" :^/

• Guys that have little or no experience with women are indeed looking into the whole pua advice area which does have its good point and insights. My only real problem with the pua community is the outrageous prices they put on their "bootcamps" for a weekend and how complex (complete with diagrams) some pua's make it. I've seen up to $2500 being charged by some; shame on them.

More from Guys
12