Do you think it is a sign that someone is a bad person if they say "retarded" to mean something stupid?

Do you think it is a sign that someone is a bad person if they say "retarded" to mean something stupid? Whenever I hear someone say that, I think it... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• It is rather classless and insensitive and it does cast the person who is doing it in a negative light. With that siad I don't think it makes them a bad person, I think it just makes them look like a bad person.

About seven years ago when I was back in high school I had a really nasty habit of saying "That's so gay" after everything. How did I get in the habit...the people around me were using that phrase. Now I had gay friends, I was huge on gay rates, so me using that phrase had no bearing on how I viewed gays it was just something that came out automatically. Now, even my gay friends didn't get bothered when I used it because they knew me. If someone who didn't know me heard that phrase they might either get A-hurt B-Angry C-All of the above because they might have seen it as an attack on gays even though it wasn't.

I think people need to be mindful of the words they use to express something. I think more times or not when people use words like "that's so gay" or "that's retarded" they aren't trying to hurt anyone they just don't realize how negatively it comes off or it's such habit that they don't mean to say it but it comes out anyway.