• Ask
  • myTake

Do you think it's possible to read people's true intentions/feelings over the internet?

I tend to think that you can, but I was wondering what other people thought. I try to guess how someone's feeling or something about them based on... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Sometimes you can read a person's intentions or feelings, but not always.I was talking to a guy I like on AIM one time (there was mutual interest), and I made a sarcastic comment, which I thought nothing of since I'm really sarcastic. I found out months later that he thought I hated him because he took the comment seriously.Moral of the story: Consider how something will come off before you write it, because people can't hear your tone of voice or read your body language over the internet.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• I think you can definately pick up on things online, texting etc. I mean it's just a part of instinct and passion for people and their trials. Books are meant to make you feel the same way...it's no different then reading a story.Sometimes you can just feel it ...other times its hard to guess but here is a tip when it comes to feeling out things...Never make predictions when your tired, It seems like senses fail when your tired :(.

• two faced people exist both on the net and in real life...fortunately, they are rare...they can fool you anywhere. Check this out, I have someone on my friend list who likes to taunt me anonymously link So yeah, people can fool you on the net...but they can in real life, too.