Is this an unforgivable offense?

I was seeing this guy for a few weeks, although I've known him for years. Things were going well until one night me and my friends got drunk. I asked him to come over but he said he was already in bed. I said fair enough, but one of my friends got a hold of my phone and text him saying he was gay! stupid I know, but it was all in fun and we were drunk. The guy then text back saying mean things about her, so to try and keep the peace I said it was some random person who got a hold of my phone that did it. He of course didn't believe me, and is convinced I am a liar, which I'm not really, it was just a white lie to avoid them falling out. Anyway, he hasn't spoken to me for a week, I've apologized, but he's not interested. Its so out of character for me to lie, but I was drunk and I thought I was doing the right thing. Do you think he is overreacting or have I blown it/ is it a totally unforgivable offense?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I think to call someone gay when they are not is really bad but if you explained to him that it was just a joke or someone got hold of your phone then he should forgive you,I think he is overreacting just a bit ,but if you was talking to your Friends about him saying that you wanted him to come over and he said no and your Friend said well he must be gay that's just what he worked out in his head that's why he called you a should have just told him the truth,its got nothing to do with you your friend shud have apologised.