She doesn't want to be my girlfriend, but also doesn't want to be just friends?

Ok So I've been dating this girl for 3 years and a bit and we have had the most amazing relationship until she left off for school in a different state and things started to get bad for us because of the distance. We still manage to do fine for 6 months with our ups and downs but right before she was coming back home .. I saw a picture of her and another guy which I did not like at all and she never mention anything to me before .. (the guy was all over her) ... I got really upset and just broke up with her on the spot .. but I regretted it after because I acted more on emotions and not let her explain anything.

Anyways when she came back home I apologized .. I explained why I got so upset .. she understood .. but explained it was just a drunk guy etc. anyways I told her that I didn't mean to break up with her that I loved her and that I want to be with her but she said she doesn't want to be my girlfriend .. and just wants to be with me but not my girlfriend right at this moment .. I told her I can't be her friend cause I have strong feelings for her .. she said that she wants to date me like go on dates with me but she just doesn't want to be my girlfriend.. she said she can't explain it .. and I am just extremely confused . I told her to be honest with me because like I know people do that when they don't want to let go fully after a break up .. and she explained that it isn't like that that she loves me .. and doesn't want me to see other girls .. she just doesn't want to be my girlfriend right now ..

I don't know what to do and would really appreciate some advice! :)

like I was saying Shlei3 .. I pretty much begged her again to give me a chance to be her boyfriend to show her how fun this relationship can be like I would give the world to her ... but she bluntly said "I don't want to be your girlfriend"