• Ask
  • myTake

What's the best ways to enjoy being single?

This may sound like a dumb question, but the longest period of time that I was single in the past 5+ years was a month. After my last relationship, I... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You're freeeeeeee! Firstly it'll be weird adjusting so realistically make some changes to your life over the next three months, don't expect to adjust overnight. all relationships have an up and a down side, write a list of all the things you won't miss. Secondly write a list of all the things you've wanted to do in the last five years, then start doing it. Not having to worry about someone else is really relaxing, and gives you the freedom to do whatever you want. I enjoy being able to have my own little spa days in the lounge in front of the big screen without a football game on, I went to Fiji (ex refused to go, said tropical beaches were boring), met some new people, tried new foods, went to various sporting games, got a huge dog, stay out with friends without someone calling every five minutes, have the whole bed to myself. OK sounds stupid but the freedom and privacy grows on you and I find its the little everyday things that make the most difference. Keep focused too, there's nothing wrong with enjoying single life so if you do meet someone you enjoy that too knowing you'll never look back going I wonder what it's like to be single. I have married friends who sit around going I feel like I missed out, then have affairs. There's nothing wrong with taking time for yourself

What Guys Said 2

• Experiment with everything! Different hobbies, different books, different movies, different friends. Learn the awesomeness of being able to do exactly what you want to do whenever you want to it, and take advantage. Use this time to grow and learn more about yourself so when you decide you're ready to dive back in, you'll have a much better idea of what you want out of a relationship.

• I don't understand the delima here... You are free. You can be totally and uterly selfish and hedonistic. Do whatever you want to do, have fun, spend time with your freinds, learn something new, take up a new hobby, do something adventurous, meet new people, sleep around, etc. For once in the past 5+ years you can live for yourself without compromise. What's the problem?

What Girls Said 2