Dentures .....will he freak when he finds out ?

I am 33 and have dentures. I was in an abusive relationship is why. He knocked my teeth out. my dentures are pretty, and look real, they were sculpted from my dental records and pictures of me before I lost my teeth. They do not look like old people teeth. I put a lot of money into making them look... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymous,

First of all, congratulations on getting out of that relationship. I can't imagine how hard that was (is), and the fact that you moved on, and are where you are today, should give you constant courage to keep moving forward with whatever life throws your way.

As far as your guy is concerned, I can't imagine a guy that is really into you letting that mess things up. I mean, really, that is such a minor thing in my mind, I probably wouldn't even think twice about it. Trust me, when a guy cares for you he will not let stuff like crazy family (if your reading baby, I'm sorry), or personal afflictions, history, or awkward bedtime preferences (... sorry baby) ruin a good thing with you.

I would tell him, and also just explain everything. Also, if it knocks him back a little bit, don't freak, sometime shocking news, well, shocks us. But I am sure that everything will work out fine. Just don't let him find out by accident, because then there would be a very awkward tension that would be difficult to settle and that would really just cause undue stress.

Again,... I know your worried, but I don't think you should. You've made it to where you are now, and you will keep taking each step after this as well.

Best wishes.

• Thank you so much. I think the day before I tell him, that I will come back and read these responses to give me more courage. I really appreciate it.