For the guys....Does weight really matter?

This one is mainly for the guys...But girls state your opinions too :] So girls are so self conscious about themselves. We always have to look good, because if were not then we will be judged. But the one thing that guys always come too is our weight. So the question is...Does weight really matter?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the media has the female perspective so screwed up it is ridiculous! How heavy is too heavy? How thick is too thick? Do guys like thick or skinny girls? You never hear people say, "How healthy is too healthy?". Today people are so fixated on looking thin and loosing weight that they loose focus on the health aspect of their personal image, or their body image.

What is body image? Body image is a multidimensional construct or an idea that reflects how you see your own body. Many and most people today experience body image disturbances even if they are not aware of it. Body image disturbances are inaccurately perceived images that you may see as you are looking in the mirror . There are four body image dimensions which are perceptual, cognitive, effective, and behavioral. I will not go into depth on these right now, but that should give people something to look up if it sounds like something they are experiencing. My minor is Exercise Science, so I had to put some of that out there.

Do guys say, " Look at that fat/heavy chick, I'd tap that"? No, and I hate when guys say crap like that. No, guys do not typically go for girls who unfortunately have an abnormally high Body Mass Index (BMI). That is not something most guys look for in a girl. Do guys want the thin, twig like supermodels? Absolutely not, that is disgusting and the media has it all wrong across the boards! Personally, I like girls who are in shape and make a real conscious effort to stay in good shape. Being physically active is not a choice, its a lifestyle. Most guys like their women to be healthy and last time I checked, heavy and fat are not new slang terms for healthy.

So not to be shallow. But yes, weight does matter. And unless it is a result of a Thyroid condition, you can always improve your physical condition and get into better shape. Women should really stop asking this question. It is unfair and just make us guys look bad and shallow minded. If some sweaty, stinky, overweight guy walked up to an attractive girl and asked for her number, we all know there is most likely no chance in hell he will be successful. Girls often ask men as well, "If I gained weight and got fat, would you still love me". That is a horrible and unfair question to ask a boyfriend or a spouse! Love is also respect, and how can we (men) respect you if you do not respect yourself. Someone who respects and cares about themselves will take care of their body and continue a healthy lifestyle.

Finally, yes weight is huge...Literally! And it should matter just as much for the women asking this question as the men looking or not looking. Yes, beauty is only skin deep and in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone has their own idea of beauty and definition of what beauty looks like or if it is about looks at all. That is your call as an individual. Weight does matter, but as long as you are healthy anything some asshole says about your weight is irrelevant.

• Love your body, because its the only one God gave you!

= )

What Guys Said 139

• Appearance matters. It's that simple. It seems superficial because it is.

We meet girls we like the look of.

We stay with girls we like the feel of.

If you're cute, clean, happy, and inviting, then we don't care if you're fat.

The problem is that many "fat" girls dress in an unattractive way that makes them look fat instead of curvy. Plus many "fat" girls are insecure, which makes them look unapproachable, boring, dirty, or angry.

I hope this helps...

~ Robby

• I think most people find they are attracted to someone of their similar body weight. I would like to bring up a point that I don't think most girl realize course I might just be a loner in this thought process.

In my opinion, a women saying "I am fat" or "I gonna gain weight if I do that" might be the biggest turn off in history. I seriously get upset at my girlfriend any time she does. Not to say I get mad but disappointed. She know I think she's beautiful but to complain about weight (one of the the least controllable visual aspect of our selfs) implies that she's worried that by gaining a pound that I would stop thinking she's pretty. Personality and appearance I think are not more or less important then each other. But I'm not saying you appearance means you have to make yourself the social norm of beauty, I am saying you need to be visually appealing to the one your seeing. As long as they are attracted to you then f*** everything else.

And if your single you will find someone who loves you for how you look. (this is coming from a guy who wears glasses, tall and gangly and plays dungeons and dragons : D)

Oh and for the record I deter from the main question only because all the advice about how personality is just as important is just about true.

• It matters if the girls is unhealthily obese, sure. But if she's just carrying a little extra poundage? That's never been a concern of mine. To me, it's a sign that the girl knows how to party, enjoys a beer, and possibly a good steak. She will never order salad, then spend half the meal stealing food from my plate. Rather, she'll probably know the best place to go for ribs on a Thursday night, and where I can get the best cheese cake in town.

I love a girl who's happy in her own skin, and who'll never start a fight by asking "Does this make my ass look big?"

• Yes. It does. Nobody want's a heavy load. That goes for women too. Don't lie and say you would be stumped between Brad Pitt and the likes of Chris Farley. The truth behind why men like fit girls...

1) They eat less. That's big bucks saved when we go out, especially on trips! Lets say we spend a weekend at the boardwalk, a light lunch and dinner yes, no to the endless snacks and cotton candy. Expensive drinks like coke are only sucked down by porkers, water is free!

2) They take less of the bed, and don't get as sweaty at night. This is pretty simple, fat girls take up a lot of mass, and seem to sweat at night, which is uncomfortable for optimal sleeping.

3) Less health risks. If you are thinking about settling down with a rhino, you better do a little research on all the health problems caused by an unhealthy weight. Why you ask? A lot of these problems can be passed on habitually and genetically to your children.

4) Self respect. We have heard the plumper's rant on about how they are beautiful and god meant them to be this way and not toothpicks. That is a bunch of self denial bullsh*t. You are not intended to inhale fried chicken and sit on your fat ass all day. A women who does this doesn't truly respect her body, which means how could she truly respect you.

5) Fat doesn't show the curves of a women. How can you be truly sexually attracted to someone if they are covered in a giant layer of blubber. Stubby arms and legs only look right on a midget or a baby.

6) A healthy body usually means a healthy lifestyle. A girl that exercises regularly has a better chance of balancing her life. A positive social life, career, and goal orientation are some of the things that benefit from a healthy lifestyle.

Nobody want's to be stuck with a brick. If someone has a few extra pounds, and they are complaining about not being able to find someone because everybody likes fit people then It just means they are full of sh*t and like healthy people too, because I am sure there is someone in the same condition available.

• > You are not intended to inhale fried chicken and sit on your fat ass all day

Funniest thing I've read in ages!

• I actually love Chris Farley, he was funny as hell. So I would pick him.

• Honestly obese people are unattractive...sad but true..However, most girls make WAY WAY WAY too big a deal out of their weight..the average size of a healthy, and in many guys opinions, beautiful girl, is a lot bigger than the average model...society has a real problem in that regard...I guess I can't speka for all guys but honestly me and oen of my buds were talking about how girls today that get the most attention are actually pretty skinny and that he even described girls considered to be heavier as "healthy"..its disgusting honestly...and I think a lot of guys are under the spell of the media as well...women who were considere beatiful decades ago would be called fat now...it's not natural I don't think for guys to like anorexic girls...I think guys are also under the influence of soceity as a whole..I have no clue how this got started that being on teh skinnier side makes ur prettier but I hoenst to god hopes it revereses itself soon..its hurting everybody.

• Dude, you have it sooo right. It's really hard being highschool because people are soo opinionated.. I like your idea about the way media portrays.

• Ah..good point...thats def true...in parts of africa...the men have competitions to gain weight in some seasons...and they never worry about loosing it...it just comes rite off...unlike America....I guess its jsut one more way that the modern world is clashing with our natural selves...humans crave high fat and sugary foods because they once were rare, nowadays we have roudn the clock acess to cheap fast food.

• I also was tlaking bout this with a friend ans she had an itneresting theory..that for people who model clothes..its better to be skinnier because there is less emphasis on bodily form and more emphasis on the clothing...and that could have tampered ideal of beauty if most models were skinny. So it could have be incidental...I really don't know why its like this but its all too sad...I feel bad for judgemental guys who pass over all these girls because their mind is warped.,

• Everyone is judged by everyone else about something. Judging others falls into personality types I think and runs along the same vein as opinions, which we all know aren't really worth much coming from someone that doesn't mean anything to us anyway. Although most everyone does it for different things. I don't feel that weight matters just as long as it's distributed well .Large breasts. Curvy hips. Height. Several things contribute to weight. A well distributed heavyweight is always welcome in my eyes.

• Yes, weight does matter. Guys do not want a girl who is overweight. That is a fact of reality - and it's understandable. What you should also know is guys don't want a girl who is too skinny. A guy wants a girl he's attracted to, one who looks healthy, etc.

And likewise, women want a guy who is in shape too. Yes, perhaps some women are willing to settle for a guy who is out of shape moreso than some men - that's true. But at the end of the day, you can't fault guys for wanting a woman that they are attracted to.

Women don't need to be supermodels. But being in shape is something that is a good thing to strive for.

What attracts a guy to a girl? -> link

Are guys intimidated by pretty girls? -> link

Why do girls like outgoing guys? -> link

Best

- Evan

• Well generally I prefer that she weigh lower than mets basically the only thing id prefer, to be honest though weight doesn't really matter because really, what does a figure tell you?. it has nothing to do with whether or not your overweight or healthy it just doesn't say much. A girl who is 200 pounds off fat is going to look a hell of a lot different than a girl who is 200 pounds of muscle, don't let figures bother you. if you suit your weight than what's there to worry about?. According to BMI, I'm actually quite far into the overweight catagory which is kinda odd considering I don't carry any visible fat.

So in answer to your question. no weight doesn't really matter at all, I actually tend to prefer thicker curvier women and most the time they tend to be a lot heavier so it doesn't matter to me, but still it depends on the guy. don't worry about it, if a guy don't like it, find someone else haha :P

• It really doesn't matter to me at all, I think you can be a bigger girl and still be very attractive, that and I focus on personality and if they are clean, smell nice and such things. I have been with a number of bigger girls and very much enjoyed my relationships with them both personally and sexually. Besides that if she can accept me and finds me attractive I feel I can very much do the same.

• U must be a loser, no offense

• Citygurl you must be anorexic and dumb.more dumb though because you spelt GIRL wrong and its not cool the way you did it...no offense.

• hahaha scorpion princess you made me laugh. I agree 100% she is probaly a little bitch who thinks she is cool over the internet.

• I have to point out that you are always judged, because whether you look "good" or "bad" is always an opinion! It can be your opinion or that of another but it's always a judgment call by someone.

but to move on to your real question, yes, BUT it's all relative. A guy is going to have an attraction or not based on his past, and that could be for or against big girls, or no preference at all!

Personally, I find it a factor, because for me it is a self-esteem factor. I eat well, I am a very good cook, and occasionally I find my pants a bit tight! and a little red flag goes up and I alter my habits to get back to a 36 or 34" pants... I will NOT go buy 40's, even if I have to aggravate my permanent disabilities with some exercise! I think something similar happens in most "moderate" body types.

If you don't mind a really big guy, he probably won't mind your size! on the other hand, if you are attracted to someone who is athletic, you can bet your last dime that he's looking at athletic women...

• NO! I've been in love with my girlfriend since we were just friends in high school, & I've seen her working out & rock solid, a little chubby, & heavy enough to wear plus sizes, & I've NEVER thought of her as ANYTHING BUT BEAUTIFUL...

• First of all, stop with the "we will be judged". By whom, and why do you care? If you are trying to please people you don't even know, then you need to work on that.

Yes, weight does matter. I'm a thin guy and I don't want someone who is overweight. It's a compatibility issue. I have family/friends who are average or slightly overweight who are with similar partners, as well as people who are much overweight who also have similar partners. A guy who is fat shouldn't expect to date a supermodel, nor should an overweight woman expect to date James Bond. That said, a love handle or a little stomach isn't the end of the world to a guy who loves you. I do think guys are more forgiving than one might think, but if it's a difference of night and day, then that's a different story. (Yes, I know the idiots who say "anything over 120 and I'll get the harpoon" don't make my case, but that's an exception. Any guy who says that is an idiot; I dated a girl who was 5'11/135 lbs. Anyone think that's fat? Geez!)

• to me its about being physically fit and healthy, respecting yourself, if your 300 pounds overweight you don't respect yourself and it makes me uneasy to want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't respect themselves because I wonder if they can't even respect themselves how they can respect others.

and equally as important is about having someone with the same lifestyle as me.

I have this habit of enjoying the outdoors

sometimes I might just get up grab the dog and want to run around like an idiot at the park for a few hours, And having a girlfriend that likes to run with her dogs is amazing.

its really about having the same lifestyle.

• For me yes it matters. The media thing is way over the top. Fake boobs and being stick thin that's extreme and unfair. I feel bad for all the insecure girls out there.

However there is no hiding that overweight isn't attractive. For three reasons, visually, health and character. Weight unlike height for example, is something we can control and actually do something about. So choosing not to, isn't a good sign. It also naturally becomes harder to lose weight as you get older, so everyone needs to be doing what they can while they are younger. It basically just shows inner confidence and happiness when you know you look good.

Slightly overweight is one thing. I actually think slightly overweight looks good. Some celebs seem to lose their attractiveness when they get too skinny. Slightly overwieght is good. But what happens in 5 years, 10 years?

It's just one aspect. A great personality, and clicking together is very important. Slightly overweight is ok, but it's a dangerous slope. Heavily overwieght is really bad. I'd say the same thing about a guy (who obviously I wouldn't want to be dating).

• First off, many guys don't care all that much about weight until it hits the level of being unhealthy. But for the most part its attitude over weight, a frumpy girl, which many over weight girls fall into, will get less attention than a vibatious girl, that's just the standard that is out there with all girls. For every type of girl out there, fat skinny or some where inbetween, there is all types of guys that are into them, the problem is if a girl into frump mode they just give up on looking.

• It matters when you first meet a girl, but as you get to know them, personality trumps all. Afterall, appearance does not last forever.

• Only to a certain degree; that is, don't look ridiculously obese or anorexic. Either extreme is a turn-off, but as long as your weight is 'healthy range,' (which is a fairly wide range) you don't have to be a super-skinny supermodel. If you aren't at an extreme with regards to weight/attractiveness, then in my opinion at least it all comes down to personality moreso than weight.

• It depends on what you mean by weight. Weight the numbers? nope. Doesn't matter. A guy is not going to pull out a scale and ask you how much you weigh. He's going to look at you and judge if you're attractive to him or not. This can be many different things. Some guys like skinny girls, some guys like girls with more meat on them. Generally, if you want to be on the safe side, just be healthy, eat right and exercise.

So... yeah. if weight = nmber? no. most likely not. plus, the number is misleading. more muscle = weigh more but you could still be very healthy.

if weight = if you look healthy/to their liking? yes.

• If she takes care of herself, is reasonably healthy, and is nice to me, then that's the "meat and potatoes" of a relationship (platonic or otherwise) but big, cuddly curves are the icing on the cake for me! :-9 And yes, women *can* be healthy and chubby at the same time. It all comes down to activity level, self confidence, and putting down the effing fashion magazines!

• For guys, it is nice to be able to NOT have to lie to you daily about your appearance. We will lie to appease you for the sake of love and relationship and family and whatnot, but it would be NICE not to.

In my advanced age I maintain a V-shaped figure, good muscle mass, good rate of metabolism. No 6-pack or crazy blobs of muscles everywhere, but very much in shape. I have the discipline to eat well and exercise to keep that up for life. The bottom line is, this should be the norm. I am in the top 10% of body appearance in my age group and I should not be.

Make it a priority to get into the top shape of your life and stay there, and the way I look at it, even if I am so pathetically off it is completely irrelevant, at the absolute very least, you would be in the top shape of your life. :-) :-) :-)

Hugs

Sasha

• From my understanding from the girls point of view, it matters. And I believe that it all stems from back to days of the simple life of attracting a suitable male so that way you can both create offspring...etc. But life is complicated now, women are up against a wide range of media that show how women are suppose to look and how their suppose to act. We as a society, as much as we don't want to admit it, treat healthy and beautiful women with VIP treatment than those who are the opposite.

Does weight matter to me? Well yeah, not as a image sense but more that I like a healthy women who can physically keep up. I don't mean for you all to be muscular, I just mean fit or at least respecting your body by eating right and exercising on a good schedule. But this is just me.

• I think it does big time. Not for me but for her. She is not going to feel comfortable when we make love if she feels self conscious about her weight. She is not want to go anywhere. Forget about the beach! I love curves. So unless you like watching videos at home. That's what its going to be like.

• No, weight doesn't matter, it's all about personality. But I mean it is unhealthy to be overweight so that tells me that she makes unhealthy choices as well. Would I date an overweight chick? Yea if she is able to realize that she can change if she really wanted to.

• Lets see... I back up drew 100% that you're always judged. But I'm going to say that yes, weight does matter. I've seen some of the most goregous girls in the world think that they're fat but they aren't at all and heavier girls be so confident (I don't know why) That they say it's only a little extra. I am a little overweight. But I run every night and workout every other. I'm working on it. Sure I can get girls easy, but I realize that I need to lose some weight. The poroblem with most heavyset girls is that they're like "I'm already here" And either don't want to put the effort into a healthier lifestyle (diet, exercise) or they don't think they need to. Truth is even if a guy is friggin 300lbs, he's still going to look to the hot, skinny, sexy girls even if he can't get them. It's primal, instinctual. Humans are conditioned to find the most attractive mate possible Because having an attractive mate means more attractive children and then your children have a better chance to find a mate and thereby reproduce. Simple instincts.

• It depends on how the woman looks. Some chubby women are hot and some are ugly. I'd rather be with a large woman rather than a skinny twig like Paris Hilton or the Olson twins.

If a woman is large and looks like any of the women in the links then they are fine.

link

link

link

• I look like #2, lol....

• And each guy likes a different body part. If a guy is a leg man he probably isn't going to go after a heavy girl. Boob men are the ones who are more willing to date heavier women cause usually heavier women have larger boobs. So it shouldn't really suprise us if a guy links pictures of girls with really big boobs.

Geez, I'm giving you +1 for trying!

• Why are girls getting mad? That's just what that man likes, he's allowed to have a preference. Most big girls do have big breasts anyway, fat is made of adipose tissue so it's not as if he had some unrealistic preference like he liked a size 0 chick with DDs..even if that was his type he is just 1 guy and his opinion isn't law

• Yeah it does.

I'm trim as heck because I have to diet. I'm diabetic. I take my health seriously and don't eat all kinds of crap.

I want a girl that does the same - pays attention to what she eats. I'm not inclined to get with a chick who's plumped out.

Women do the same - they DO judge by appearances. I don't see beautiful chicks arm in arm with fat guys. Why should they anyway? Don't go for less when you want more.

• It does matter. You can't be too fat, or we'll push you off as being unattractive and you'll lose points with a lot of guys.

When I say fat, I don't mean chubby. I mean like really overweight, like if you're over 170lbs, regardless of your height, the chances are you're probably fat. 130lbs to 160lbs almost always falls into the chubby category. Over here it'll depend more on the guy. Some guys don't like chubby girls, but lots of guy do (myself included).

But if you're under 130lbs, and you think you're fat, you're just being paranoid. You might have a bit of a tummy, but no guy that's worth it is going to care about that.

• What do you think about the fact that most bmi is in complete disagreement with what you just said?

i think people & bmi's for people are much heavier than they need to be- but that is my opinion.

as far as bmi goes, girls are healthier over 130, if they are over 5 '5...basically.

What if your tastes are unhealthy for the girl- would you care?

>5 feet, 8 inches BMI is: 19.8 :

Normal weight = 18.5-24.9

Overweight = 25-29.9

Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater*

• Unrealistic? Tell that to my hot friends. I'm talking about girls here. Not guys. It's normal for guys with muscles who are that height, to weigh more than that.

But if an athlete girl is 5'8 and weighs over 160, perhaps she might not be fat, but let's just say guys aren't too happy being with a girl who has more muscle than he does.

I imagine it would be the same as you being with a guy who's thinner than you, has less body hair, and takes much longer to get ready than you do. Same sh*t.

• Http://www.mybodygallery.com/img/4/287.jpg (5'2"/125 lbs/Size 8)

http://www.mybodygallery.com/img/342/4.jpg (5'6"/145lbs/Size 8)

http://www.mybodygallery.com/img/84/1.jpg (5'10"/170lbs/Size 12)

Not trying to attack you or anything but I do want to give you an idea what the weights you've listed look like on real women. As you can see, height clearly does matter because as height increases, so does the amount of weight you can carry without it being readily obvious.

• Kind of...

It matters a lot if you want a girlfriend just to show off for your friends, but if you want a real partner, then it doesn't matter that much. Still, it matters, because what will make the first impression is how you look, so if you're too skinny or too fat, it could ruin some first impressions. What is important is that you look healthy lol

• Yes, weight matters. It just does. Life's not fair.

Do not make yourself anorexic or anything. Because being so skinny you look like you have cancer is gross. But the truth is that guys are picky about girl weighing too much. Your waist should be skinnier than your butt, to create the "hourglass figure"

Thats what guys like.

• Yes and no. I would not leave someone for weight matters. However, I myself tend to be very healthy. I work out consistently, and I'm not asking for the same level of effort. But I would like someone who at least makes SOME kind of effort.

If someone is overweight purely for lack of exercise and sloppy eating, then yes weight really does matter. Because they lack total regard for their health.

• More from Guys
    109

What Girls Said 40

• I worked with so many men in my life. In job environments that typically have rougher not so tactful men, so I've learned more than I ever wanted to know in my life about certain things! But I am so thankful for my mostly male environments because it really has shown me that sure guys talk a lot of crap about women's bodies but they do also love them and don't see the imperfections that we do. Women judge us harsher on our looks then men do.

Sure men will sit down and pick apart a woman in a magazine. They will say her boobs aren't big enough or her thighs are too skinny. They completely objectify those women but those women aren't their girlfriends or wives. There is a lot of more respect for the woman's body whose his. Not saying men think women are possessions but it's like the difference between a car he sees in a magazine and his first car that is sitting in a dusty pile in the driveway. He may be completely amazed by the new car but he is in love with that piece of junk in the front yard. It doesn't matter that the fender is dinged and the windows don't stay up and it leaks oil like the freaking BP spill. It's his and he loves it as is. It's the same way with his girlfriend or wife. Sure she has stretch marks and cellulite and that nasty little hair on her chin that she always has to pluck but she is a million times better than the 'perfect' girl in the magazine.

Men start having problems with their wives/girlfriends weight when it seems like she has stopped caring about her appearance all together and when she starts treating him like crap. When a woman is trying to keep up her appearance, even if she is gaining weight, and she is still being good to him, a guy doesn't care like we think he does.

I've gone through different things in life like sicknesses that have made my weight fluctuate drastically. Losing huge amounts and gaining huge amounts back. But during that time I never stopped taking care of myself. Dressing nicely, wearing jewelry, perfume, clean clothes, all that. And I never once got a sideways glance from my boyfriend that he was disappointed in me or thought I needed to take better care of myself. He still wanted sex just as much and still said I was just as beautiful.

My friend also had a weight gain issue at one time. She stopped taking care of herself, wore sweats all day, never did her hair, and became a complete bitch to her husband. And you better believe the weight gain became an issue.

And the same is true for women they just met. If she looks like she doesn't want a guy to approach her cause she is frumpy and unkept, then no guy is going to approach her. Whether she has weight on or not.

• weight doesn't matter, it's how you carry yourself. I spent most my life obese/overweight and I'll tell, HEALTHY is what to go for. guys can't look at you and guess how much you weigh. they can look at you and see how good you look. I know girls who are considered obese based on BMI and blah, blah, blah but these girls are gorgeous, bodies are nice and curvy, some even have flat stomachs, but thicker hourglass figures. your weight is PERCEIVED based on how your body is shaped.

200 pounds on a 4'11 girl is a lot differ from a 5'10 girl. athletic girls are heavier with muscle, but can be completely toned and stick thin girls are skinny, but be completely out of shape (and some guys truly like a FIT girl versus a thin one).

if you're not happy in your skin, it's a turn off anyway. you have to be comfortable in your body, and hell, you may even convince a man that what he THOUGHT was hot no longer matters because YOU changed his mind lol I know guys who are dating bigger girls that they used to laugh at because she was so sexy and confident that he had to get her. personality really does help with attractiveness too.

regardless of all that, if you feel unhealthy, do something about it. it feels great to take care of yourself as opposed to worrying about what others are thinking about you. those people don't matter at the end of the day. fall in love with yourself first and then let the guy love happen when it happens. you need to FEEL healthy and BE active. it's not easy, trust me, but it's not impossible and remember to DO IT FOR YOU! nobody else!

• I think weight does matter to a point.

I want to bring up something (I didn't read all the comments so I don't know whether it was brought up already) that I have a problem with, and many others do as well. I think it's how you look, not just a number that says how much you weigh.

I'm 5'8" and weigh 172 pounds. Now, this may seem overweight, but it technically is still in the "healthy" weight BMI category. On top of that, I don't look like I weigh 172. A lot of it is muscle because I'm very active in different kinds of sports. I'm also athletically built, so I'm going to weigh more than the average 5'8" person.

I think it's mostly how you look and not what you weigh, because one of those things might not necessarily ring true about the other. One can mislead a judgment on the other.

I hope that makes sense? lol

• I think MOST guys think that a girls body is all that matters. But I don't think so. Even if you have a skinny body you can still feel bad about yourself. Or the other way around. So that's why I say weight doesn't matter. As long as your healthy and you like the way you look there's no worries. Its sad but we all get jugded everyday. Its something we have to understand, its going to happen rather we like it or not. I look for quilties in person,but we even jugde other people because we go for what we see on the outside. Instead of making a wrong jugdement , we should start making the right jugdements.

• HAHAHAHA! Wow guys must be very into this topic with 130 answers. I was reading the answers on here and laughing but at the same time wanting to vomit! I've been dieting on and off for 4 years and I went through a long stage of depression and gained a good amount of weight, so what? I can lose it which is what I'm working on right now. I honestly am not to worried about it, what happens when you have kids and your wife has that baby fat? What are they going to do not be attracted to her? I have no problem getting guys and I'm at my highest weight, and lots of skinny guys like me. Sure size matters for a lot of guys but for some it doesn't. All I can say is do what's best for you and screw everyone else.

• Ok, so I know you asked about a girl's weight, but I'm going to answer differently. Personally, I find Seth Rogen drop dead sexy and he is overweight. But at the same time, David Beckham could be my future baby daddy and he is crazy in-shape. I'm not attracted to just one body type, and it's something beyond weight that attracts me to a person. Honestly, I don't notice it when I'm looking, so I'm sure that a lot of guys out there are the same way

• listen just because a girl is heavy doesn't mean she doesn't take care of herself and isn't in shape. When I was young I never worked out and I ate whatever I wanted! I smoked never exercised and ate what ever crap I felt like eating, but because I was skinny guys liked me. Well, as I've gotten older my metabolism has changed and I am overweight now. But I take exceptional care of myself, I eat well and exercise HARD! I run five miles a day, can do fifty guy pushups and I like to lift weights. When I work out, I run guys into the ground! Because of my metabolism I can work out for hours without getting tired! Nothing I do changes the fact that I am heavy now. But because I am heavy you guys assume that I am lazy, sloppy, and don't take care of myself! You don't know what the hell your talking about. Most of the skinny girls you think are in shape never work out and eat cookies for breakfast and pizza for lunch! If you don't like the look of heavy girls that's fine, I don't like skinny out of shape guys; but don't assume just because a girl is heavy she is lazy and doesn't care about how she looks.

• ok so all of these guys are saying it matteres but the fact is that it should matter for health resons. you should always aim for the heavier side of your wight range because truth is women need the fat for energey. its how God desighned us. look it up! people on the heavier side of the wight range chart live longer because they have more energey stored in thir bodies. I personaly try to stay on the low side because yeah my wieght isn't because I want to be healthy its because I'm to vien... that's bad but its the honest truth.

• women don't care much about these, but men do. My ex dating guy, lie to me telling he was single, after months being with me he dump me by text, then I found he was always engaged, when I saw his ex on a picture she was kind of a chubby girl, but also he was chubby. I am skinny, but in good proportion. While I was with him, he always told me he liked me a lot, but after he dump me I realize he just liked me physically and just for sex. I don't know if he really loved his fiance, I think no, because if he really loved him he would not care if she was chubby or at least respect her if he really love her... I think that when you really love someone you don't care if she is chubby and you respect him or her, and you don't cheat him or her with another person several times

• The digits aren't what matter because it all depends on height and your build to create that number. If you know how to dress yourself and can rock whatever body you have with confidence you are good to go ! All girls can be beautiful no matter what shape or size it is all how you put yourself on display.

• It only matters if you make it a proble meaning you ither point it out to him a lot , cause if he didn't like your body now he wouldn't be with you...also it how you "work it" meaning your confedence.If you have that then men are way more drawn to you. Besides women judge way harsher then men.

• sometimes I get confused though because I'm big and some guys say I'm fat and others say I'm curvy or chubby and some make me seem like I'm overweight if I told you how much I weigh but then you looked at me you wouldn't believe me ..im kinda brolic I guess strong shoulders legs and arms what would that make me?

and weight doesn't matter it depends on the guy. a lot of jerks say fat girls can't get hot guys but uumm every guy I have ever been with or had the chance to be with have always been hot ,smart, talented and all of that .

us girls stress things way too much the guy that we are sposed to be with will like us for who we are why bother with the guys who don't matter and will eventually break our hearts?

• I am 160 lbs. And 5'1...I guess guys don't think that I am fat they tell me that I a nice thick body. And one guy said that I have body fat in all the places...But seriously doesn't matter because a long as you think that you are the matta f***en princess(confidence is key) than you're good I not saying that you don't have to work out. I don't know for me I still think I fat so I still loosing some weight...and when you loose weight your body feels better...And also if find clothes that fit your body type..Like for example I have a curvy body like coke body figure so its hard to find blouses that have that shape and for the pants I have a big butt so I buy one size bigger for my butt.

• We do what we do to ourselves because of the images that the media embeds into our heads about what looks good & what doesn't. In all reality, women of all different shapes and sizes are sexy/beautiful, & every woman should love themselves the way they are. In my opinion, size does not matter. As long as you're happy with who you are, who give a rats ass what anyone else thinks. Just don't be afraid to be yourself! & If a guy judges you harshly for the way you look, then they're not worth the time of day anyway. Any guy worth even being around would learn to accept you as you are.

• Depends on the guy - myself, at 5'3" and 120lbs, have some men telling me I need to gain weight, others tell me I'm perfect and still others that say I could use a 'little toning'. It's personal preference.

• This is a good question. I am a young girl, a very fit girl as well. And I gained weight because I signed up for weight training (a work out kinda class) I wanted to get stronger lol . So I gained about 10 pounds in muscle. My thighs have gotten a ton stronger, but also a little bigger. now when I walk my thighs jiggle a little :) lol, but the boys make fun! I don't know what it is, I guess it depends on the person. because the boys I know are allll d***s. but to me, weight doesn't matter as long as they are healthy. :)

• I'd like to believe its not. But that would be wishful thinking :/ I agree that we feel we will be judged if we don't look our best. Or THE best now- a -days. This ultimately puts pressure on us girls thinking that we will only become attractive to the opposite sex if we look good ( doesn't mean you have to be size 0 to look good) I genuinely think BEAUTY LIES SKIN DEEP; total cliche :/ but its true. Only thing is that because we are constantly being rated on looks that doesn't count initially, which is ashame :( but that's reality!. So I do think weight matters to mean initially but I believe that once you get to know someone that isn't necessarily the case. Remember inside every fat person there is a slim better looking person bursting to get out =]

• how can a girl be 'voluptuous' while not having a bit of fat? girls were meant to be softer than guys. we need more fat to have our periods and hips to hold and give birth to children. for most guys I know, as long as you're not OBESE you're good :)) it should be more about personality (those are the good guys ;)) ) some like them stick thin and some like them curvy, athletic, soft, hard, ect.

• no hun I don't think so. I'm self consious about my weight too-not being overly fat, but being overly skinny. I'm tall and thin & I hate it! girls just think they have to look skinny because its the stereotype! but skinny girls like me wished they weighed more. so truth is, a lot of girls are insecure with their weight, even skinny girls. when really we should just all accept ourselves for who we are and stop worrying about our weight

• what I wonder, is why a lot of guys say weight doesn't matter, its all about personality. yet, they always go for the skinny petite girl.

im 140 lbs and I don't think I'm fat, but I'm certainly not small.

i wonder this many times too, because I feel that I have big hips, and it makes me look fat. I have many friends who are (not to be mean) fat, but they wear smaller jean sizes.

so what does a guy consider "too big/fat" to date"?

• it all has to do about the way it looks. I weight 180. but I don't look it. and plus I have really big breast (36DDD) I'm curvy and I have thick in the thighs and no one has really ever not dated me because I'm thick.bigger is sexier hun.

• well in my opinion its not really weight that matter's its more do you look good at the weight you are at? if your 5''5' and 200lbs yea weight matters but! if your 5''5' and 115-130lbs yur good. and to skinny is nasty... so weight matters if your over or under weight!

• Thats fine. I cannot speak for every guy I think obese is not attractive,

• Ok yeah obese isn't but curvey is sexy and toothpicks are repulsive! I rather have a girl with an hour glase figure than a toothpick anyday!

• i DON'T want to be mean because but size kinda matters I mean I thing most of guys like curvy girls and when I say curvy I don't mean fat I mean CURVY! some guys like really really really freaky skinny girls (I don't know why) but that's just who they r. by the way you guys that are commenting that fat is gross and whatever you should never say that, the worst thing you can do is to call a girl fat. trust me she'll hate you for LIFE! and you won't get any girl if you act like jerks

• I can handle a lot of flaws, but I've always been turned off by obesity. I don't mind if a man has a little extra weight, but not too much. Weight is just the one preference I have. I think it okay to have this preference because unlike other flaws we have, weight is something people can control, most anyway. I just like men too look healthy, they don't have to have a 6-pack & blazing pecs, just be healthy. I also don't like men that anorexic, but not as many men suffer from this as women.

• you can lose weight but you can't lose ugly.. so weight doesn't matter to me.. beauty does :)

• it's a bit of an old qestion dose weight matter, I think that if your happy in yourself, and healthy than your the right weight :) if you can run, sprint and swim your not to big :) but vice versa I wouldn't date a fat guy , so why would they date a fat girl, its pritty double standards to say guys judge.. but were the same

• yes. a girl should focus on becoming HEALTHY before worrying about a guy. seriously. being fat is not healthy whatsoever and is a seriouis health risk..not to mention its gross

• You assume just because someone is fat they are unhealthy I know more skinny women that are unhealthy then I do fat reason being they eat fast food, drink excessively and assume they are healthy as they are skinny and tend not to even eat much. Should not assume that because one is bigger they are not healthy, some woman happen to have slow metabolisms and I have been told by my doctor to eat more to lose weight and I can not as two meals a day is enough for me. What is gross is a bad heart and judging people by they body size only when you do not know what her story is or how hard she tried to lose it but never could.

• Honestly, as long as a guy looks good, I don't care how much he weighs.

• Well honestly it's not weight that matters it's your fitness. As a whole you feel better and, even if they don't want to admit it, your partner will too.

• what bout girls who are too skinny? is that ok? I don't see how a girl been overweight is much different health wise and attractive wise to a girl who is underweight?

• More from Girls
    10