For the guys....Does weight really matter?

This one is mainly for the guys...But girls state your opinions too :] So girls are so self conscious about themselves. We always have to look good, because if were not then we will be judged. But the one thing that guys always come too is our weight. So the question is...Does weight really matter?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think the media has the female perspective so screwed up it is ridiculous! How heavy is too heavy? How thick is too thick? Do guys like thick or skinny girls? You never hear people say, "How healthy is too healthy?". Today people are so fixated on looking thin and loosing weight that they loose focus on the health aspect of their personal image, or their body image.What is body image? Body image is a multidimensional construct or an idea that reflects how you see your own body. Many and most people today experience body image disturbances even if they are not aware of it. Body image disturbances are inaccurately perceived images that you may see as you are looking in the mirror . There are four body image dimensions which are perceptual, cognitive, effective, and behavioral. I will not go into depth on these right now, but that should give people something to look up if it sounds like something they are experiencing. My minor is Exercise Science, so I had to put some of that out there.Do guys say, " Look at that fat/heavy chick, I'd tap that"? No, and I hate when guys say crap like that. No, guys do not typically go for girls who unfortunately have an abnormally high Body Mass Index (BMI). That is not something most guys look for in a girl. Do guys want the thin, twig like supermodels? Absolutely not, that is disgusting and the media has it all wrong across the boards! Personally, I like girls who are in shape and make a real conscious effort to stay in good shape. Being physically active is not a choice, its a lifestyle. Most guys like their women to be healthy and last time I checked, heavy and fat are not new slang terms for healthy.So not to be shallow. But yes, weight does matter. And unless it is a result of a Thyroid condition, you can always improve your physical condition and get into better shape. Women should really stop asking this question. It is unfair and just make us guys look bad and shallow minded. If some sweaty, stinky, overweight guy walked up to an attractive girl and asked for her number, we all know there is most likely no chance in hell he will be successful. Girls often ask men as well, "If I gained weight and got fat, would you still love me". That is a horrible and unfair question to ask a boyfriend or a spouse! Love is also respect, and how can we (men) respect you if you do not respect yourself. Someone who respects and cares about themselves will take care of their body and continue a healthy lifestyle.Finally, yes weight is huge...Literally! And it should matter just as much for the women asking this question as the men looking or not looking. Yes, beauty is only skin deep and in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone has their own idea of beauty and definition of what beauty looks like or if it is about looks at all. That is your call as an individual. Weight does matter, but as long as you are healthy anything some asshole says about your weight is irrelevant.

• Love your body, because its the only one God gave you! = )

What Guys Said 139

• Fastest way for a guy to avoid you is become obese or really overweight. Nothing clicks in many guys that makes the attraction. Its just not there. That goes for both guys and girls though. Weight is the biggest turn off of them all. That's just how it is mostly in society.

• Yes. For most it does. Just how a girl wants a skinny guy, a guy wants a skinny girl. If you have just a tad bit extra, that's fine, but if it's "rolls", it's just disgusting.

• To me. Yes it does. Can't think of nything worse than cushin' for th pushin'. my partner is toned, with a hot athletic body with a nice firm defined stomach so she looks awesome in a bikini. And to the guy who said 'physical relationships don't last'...its been 6 years and my dream girl is my fiancee. Its not being shalow. Its having a preference.

• For guys, it is nice to be able to NOT have to lie to you daily about your appearance. We will lie to appease you for the sake of love and relationship and family and whatnot, but it would be NICE not to.In my advanced age I maintain a V-shaped figure, good muscle mass, good rate of metabolism. No 6-pack or crazy blobs of muscles everywhere, but very much in shape. I have the discipline to eat well and exercise to keep that up for life. The bottom line is, this should be the norm. I am in the top 10% of body appearance in my age group and I should not be.Make it a priority to get into the top shape of your life and stay there, and the way I look at it, even if I am so pathetically off it is completely irrelevant, at the absolute very least, you would be in the top shape of your life. :-) :-) :-)HugsSasha

• NO! I've been in love with my girlfriend since we were just friends in high school, & I've seen her working out & rock solid, a little chubby, & heavy enough to wear plus sizes, & I've NEVER thought of her as ANYTHING BUT BEAUTIFUL...

• Extremes in either direction suck, but I find myself more empathetic with anorexics than obese people. I guess because being the former is harder work than the latter?blah, nvm this post

• It matters if the girls is unhealthily obese, sure. But if she's just carrying a little extra poundage? That's never been a concern of mine. To me, it's a sign that the girl knows how to party, enjoys a beer, and possibly a good steak. She will never order salad, then spend half the meal stealing food from my plate. Rather, she'll probably know the best place to go for ribs on a Thursday night, and where I can get the best cheese cake in town.I love a girl who's happy in her own skin, and who'll never start a fight by asking "Does this make my ass look big?"

• i don't think weight matters, like its not like we see the number on the scale and get grossed out. its the apperance because some girls have thick thighs (sexy) so there weight is higher or you know a big ass and what not , that stuff adds weightso I guess it all depends where the weight ishope I helped

• Yes and noMan want smokin hot girl = probably wants a physical relationship And it will probably be a short term relationship too.However in the future a man won't care much because most men want a women who will be good wifes who who will be good moms. But men do need something to catch there eye 90% of the time to want to get to know a girl.

• I admit, I like skinny girls, always have. That being said focussing on the scale is the wrong way to go about it. Me I like athletic girls; they often have more muscle tone than average girls and because of that will weigh more. That will not even be something I notice. Do I care about weight, yes, but not the number, just the appearance. That means you shouldn't be ashamed weighing 60 kg or whatever, my thoughts on you aren't going to change if it turns out you weight 20 kg more than I estimated. I go by how you look. Also there is not an ideal weight to aim for, once you're within a certain range, then you're good. If you're at a nice size and you're standing next to your friend who's 1 dress size below you, chances are if we're comparing, we've moved on to other features.

• Long as she has an active lifestyle, it really doesn't matter to me at all.

• It doesn't matter unless you're attractive.

• PArtly so. I don't want to be with someone that will smother me. A sterio-type **I** think is true; "females are insecure about their weight". I wouldn't be praising you if I didn't believe it myself - that's my rule of thumb.

• Not really but curvy to chubby women are dead sexy. I would rather be the skinny one in the relationship.

• Im just gonna say how it is. I don't mind a thin girl, But I still want some cooshin for the pushin.And honestly it doesn't matter how you are if you got game.

• I'll be totally honest here. I like a girl who looks healthy. What that means is she's not stick thin and looks ill but then she doesn't look like she eats way more than her body needs for her lifestyle.Personally, I have a reasonably active lifestyle and like to stay in shape, so I'm attracted to women who also like to eat a bit healthy (not all the time) and exercise in which ever way works for them. It's a turn off if the girl does no exercise at all, it's unnatural and lazy.And no, this doesn't mean I only go for Miranda Kerr/Jennifer Hawkins/Jessica Alba/Jessica Biel types of women. I LOVE a woman with curves :)

• you like a fit woman.

• Most guys prefer that your breasts stick out further than your belly.That's the general preference because some girls are just thick, with some fat around their legs that makes them look sexy, regardless. I prefer voluptuous women, and sometimes voluptuous women have a bit of a belly, which isn't back since it mostly flattens up when they're lying on their back.

• Yes, weight does matter. Guys do not want a girl who is overweight. That is a fact of reality - and it's understandable. What you should also know is guys don't want a girl who is too skinny. A guy wants a girl he's attracted to, one who looks healthy, etc.And likewise, women want a guy who is in shape too. Yes, perhaps some women are willing to settle for a guy who is out of shape moreso than some men - that's true. But at the end of the day, you can't fault guys for wanting a woman that they are attracted to.Women don't need to be supermodels. But being in shape is something that is a good thing to strive for.What attracts a guy to a girl? -> link Are guys intimidated by pretty girls? -> link Why do girls like outgoing guys? -> link Best- Evan

• Kind of...It matters a lot if you want a girlfriend just to show off for your friends, but if you want a real partner, then it doesn't matter that much. Still, it matters, because what will make the first impression is how you look, so if you're too skinny or too fat, it could ruin some first impressions. What is important is that you look healthy lol

• I'm more concerned about their BMI, body fat percentage, any medical conditions they may or may not have. If I approve all of these factors on a woman I would consider dating her.

• Yes, weight/size matters. However, you may not necessarily be judged, you just won't really be noticed or considered by many/most guys, particularly physically attractive ones. Its been my observation that overweight girls end up with other overweight guys.

• I'm going to be 100% serious with this but yes weight matters.I don't intend to offend anyone here but I couldn't bring my self to have a relationship with a bigger girl or even hook up with one. Its just the fact that you disregard your physical appearance is just a big turnoff, I have a lot of friends who I am very close with and I would be lying if I said I didn't care what they think.

• Sadly there are some people that can't do anything about it and it's genetic, I'm not saying I am one I'm just saying there is a such thing.

• health matters for sure over weight. I know some people who are skinny as can be, smoke, drink and eat horribly but then I know some people who workout, and eat healthy. Even though the skinny person ways less doesn't mean she is better looking nor is she even healthy for that reason. ;)

• Unfortunately there is a fine line between people's perceptions of curvy and fat. It really depends on how you work it but if a woman is properly curvy and doesn't just call herself curvy as an excuse for her weight it can be extremely attractive.

• Show Older
  • weight doesn't matter. health matters.

• First of all, stop with the "we will be judged". By whom, and why do you care? If you are trying to please people you don't even know, then you need to work on that.Yes, weight does matter. I'm a thin guy and I don't want someone who is overweight. It's a compatibility issue. I have family/friends who are average or slightly overweight who are with similar partners, as well as people who are much overweight who also have similar partners. A guy who is fat shouldn't expect to date a supermodel, nor should an overweight woman expect to date James Bond. That said, a love handle or a little stomach isn't the end of the world to a guy who loves you. I do think guys are more forgiving than one might think, but if it's a difference of night and day, then that's a different story. (Yes, I know the idiots who say "anything over 120 and I'll get the harpoon" don't make my case, but that's an exception. Any guy who says that is an idiot; I dated a girl who was 5'11/135 lbs. Anyone think that's fat? Geez!)

• I don't give a sh*t about weight as long as they're not fat and they look good, why would weight even matter? If I just found out that Megan Fox weighed a ton I'm pretty sure I'd still bang her

• No, weight doesn't matter, it's all about personality. But I mean it is unhealthy to be overweight so that tells me that she makes unhealthy choices as well. Would I date an overweight chick? Yea if she is able to realize that she can change if she really wanted to.

• Visit 4chan and you'll see there are a lot of guys who like bigger woman (the people on that website are constantly posting hundreds of pics of what they call "chubbies"). Personally, I prefer petite woman, but in saying that they don't have to be scrawny. When the thighs start getting celulite, that's too big in my opinion.

• Cellulite is not just caused by weight, very petite women can get cellulite too. All it is are fat deposits that are just under the surface of the skin and its can be caused by several things like hormonal factors, genetics, and even the type of clothing you wear

• How big are you?

• well yes and no.confidence and how a woman feels about herself matters even moreso. A skinny girl with no self confidence is just not attractive.Magazines and runway models have created a sense of "pretty" that most men do not agree with... but as women are different so are men's tastes. if the woman takes care of herself, and has self pride, the rest will follow.

• Weight is all a matter of preference. I know a guy who loves his girls big. my friend loves them nice and fit. I prefer them normal or averege weight. it all depends on the dude ;P

• Yes. It does. Nobody want's a heavy load. That goes for women too. Don't lie and say you would be stumped between Brad Pitt and the likes of Chris Farley. The truth behind why men like fit girls...1) They eat less. That's big bucks saved when we go out, especially on trips! Lets say we spend a weekend at the boardwalk, a light lunch and dinner yes, no to the endless snacks and cotton candy. Expensive drinks like coke are only sucked down by porkers, water is free! 2) They take less of the bed, and don't get as sweaty at night. This is pretty simple, fat girls take up a lot of mass, and seem to sweat at night, which is uncomfortable for optimal sleeping. 3) Less health risks. If you are thinking about settling down with a rhino, you better do a little research on all the health problems caused by an unhealthy weight. Why you ask? A lot of these problems can be passed on habitually and genetically to your children. 4) Self respect. We have heard the plumper's rant on about how they are beautiful and god meant them to be this way and not toothpicks. That is a bunch of self denial bullsh*t. You are not intended to inhale fried chicken and sit on your fat ass all day. A women who does this doesn't truly respect her body, which means how could she truly respect you.5) Fat doesn't show the curves of a women. How can you be truly sexually attracted to someone if they are covered in a giant layer of blubber. Stubby arms and legs only look right on a midget or a baby. 6) A healthy body usually means a healthy lifestyle. A girl that exercises regularly has a better chance of balancing her life. A positive social life, career, and goal orientation are some of the things that benefit from a healthy lifestyle.Nobody want's to be stuck with a brick. If someone has a few extra pounds, and they are complaining about not being able to find someone because everybody likes fit people then It just means they are full of sh*t and like healthy people too, because I am sure there is someone in the same condition available.

• I actually love Chris Farley, he was funny as hell. So I would pick him.

• > You are not intended to inhale fried chicken and sit on your fat ass all dayFunniest thing I've read in ages!

• ii don't really care about the actual weight like I'm not into the numbers game but I defo don't like fatty so as long as it looks godd errthang goes for me

• From my understanding from the girls point of view, it matters. And I believe that it all stems from back to days of the simple life of attracting a suitable male so that way you can both create offspring...etc. But life is complicated now, women are up against a wide range of media that show how women are suppose to look and how their suppose to act. We as a society, as much as we don't want to admit it, treat healthy and beautiful women with VIP treatment than those who are the opposite. Does weight matter to me? Well yeah, not as a image sense but more that I like a healthy women who can physically keep up. I don't mean for you all to be muscular, I just mean fit or at least respecting your body by eating right and exercising on a good schedule. But this is just me.

• yes of course it matters but not because we fear what people think of us when we are fat but it's for our own satisfaction for example not all cloths look good on you even when you are fat so I think we want to be in shape to be able to wear anything we want and to do anything we want

• yes. For me it depends on your body shape and your face. If you have a gorgeous face and are 300 lbs, I'd still be attracted. If you have an ugly face and amazing body, I wouldn't take a second glance.

• Weight does matter. Its nice to have a tall thick girl who can be athletic, keep up and defend herself without looking up to other men or even women and being easily intimidated. Its most important that she is healthy, fit, then appearance.It makes little difference and physical attraction is hardly a factor. Most girls are pretty and fat goes away.

• The bible says you are young find the man of your dreams. Weight dosn,t matter if a guy meets the girl you are and you are her. Because you are the one he dosnt notice. But if it matters to you and no matter if h is the right man he has to deal with it woe to that man..

• It really doesn't matter to me at all, I think you can be a bigger girl and still be very attractive, that and I focus on personality and if they are clean, smell nice and such things. I have been with a number of bigger girls and very much enjoyed my relationships with them both personally and sexually. Besides that if she can accept me and finds me attractive I feel I can very much do the same.

• hahaha scorpion princess you made me laugh. I agree 100% she is probaly a little bitch who thinks she is cool over the internet.

• Citygurl you must be anorexic and dumb.more dumb though because you spelt GIRL wrong and its not cool the way you did it...no offense.

• I will be the first to admit, there are those who might consider me a loser, as I'm not all judgemental, superficial or petty. I have never been considered one of the popular crowd. This doesen't mean that you can't be popular and genuine, however it has been my experience that the folks that tend to run in the "popular" crowd are often populated with those who think they have it all, and in reality are the ones most lacking. it's all a matter of perception.

• Show Older
  • Only to a certain degree; that is, don't look ridiculously obese or anorexic. Either extreme is a turn-off, but as long as your weight is 'healthy range,' (which is a fairly wide range) you don't have to be a super-skinny supermodel. If you aren't at an extreme with regards to weight/attractiveness, then in my opinion at least it all comes down to personality moreso than weight.

• To me, as long as your face / hair / eyes / additionally voice are attractive, shape does not matter. I've been attracted to girls that were 120 lbs, and girls that were 190 lbs. As I said, it doesn't matter. To me, it doesn't, anyways. xDBut the catch is, your face CAN be messed up if you are overweight. And then you would not be attractive. Just don't look fat. Look overweight, max. :P

• Show More

What Girls Said 40

• weight doesn't matter, it's how you carry yourself. I spent most my life obese/overweight and I'll tell, HEALTHY is what to go for. guys can't look at you and guess how much you weigh. they can look at you and see how good you look. I know girls who are considered obese based on BMI and blah, blah, blah but these girls are gorgeous, bodies are nice and curvy, some even have flat stomachs, but thicker hourglass figures. your weight is PERCEIVED based on how your body is shaped.200 pounds on a 4'11 girl is a lot differ from a 5'10 girl. athletic girls are heavier with muscle, but can be completely toned and stick thin girls are skinny, but be completely out of shape (and some guys truly like a FIT girl versus a thin one).if you're not happy in your skin, it's a turn off anyway. you have to be comfortable in your body, and hell, you may even convince a man that what he THOUGHT was hot no longer matters because YOU changed his mind lol I know guys who are dating bigger girls that they used to laugh at because she was so sexy and confident that he had to get her. personality really does help with attractiveness too.regardless of all that, if you feel unhealthy, do something about it. it feels great to take care of yourself as opposed to worrying about what others are thinking about you. those people don't matter at the end of the day. fall in love with yourself first and then let the guy love happen when it happens. you need to FEEL healthy and BE active. it's not easy, trust me, but it's not impossible and remember to DO IT FOR YOU! nobody else!

• Sometimes it does

• Men care very much about looks & weight, don't believe them if they tell you otherwise...

• HAHAHAHA! Wow guys must be very into this topic with 130 answers. I was reading the answers on here and laughing but at the same time wanting to vomit! I've been dieting on and off for 4 years and I went through a long stage of depression and gained a good amount of weight, so what? I can lose it which is what I'm working on right now. I honestly am not to worried about it, what happens when you have kids and your wife has that baby fat? What are they going to do not be attracted to her? I have no problem getting guys and I'm at my highest weight, and lots of skinny guys like me. Sure size matters for a lot of guys but for some it doesn't. All I can say is do what's best for you and screw everyone else.

• I think it does. Not every girl is a stick, nor does every guy like a stick. All guys have different preferences, and we are all different shapes and sizes. However, the general consensus is that most guys prefer a girl who is in shape. What I mean by this is a girl who tries her best to stay thin. Not everybody will be a size 4, but I think most guys would prefer a girl who exercises, eats fairly healthy, and is within a normal looking weight range-not majorly overweight or underweight. Some guys are shallow and only want size 00 type girls, and I also notice that guys often say they like a girl with XYZ proportions, a certain colored hair, eyes, height, etc...and then will find a girl who does not match their "list" but is attractive nonetheless. The most important thing is to just stay healthy, take care of yourself. Don't overeat or undereat, try to exercise within healthy limits as often as possible, and just take care of your entire body-skin,hair,face, the works. If you look and feel good, you will radiate confidence which is also important and very sexy. In fact, I think many guys would be far more attracted to a pretty, glowing girl who is normal-sized, takes care of herself well and radiates confidence and a healthy glow, compared to some size 00 hair-dyed overly-made up trashy anorexic chick.

• sometimes I get confused though because I'm big and some guys say I'm fat and others say I'm curvy or chubby and some make me seem like I'm overweight if I told you how much I weigh but then you looked at me you wouldn't believe me ..im kinda brolic I guess strong shoulders legs and arms what would that make me? and weight doesn't matter it depends on the guy. a lot of jerks say fat girls can't get hot guys but uumm every guy I have ever been with or had the chance to be with have always been hot ,smart, talented and all of that .us girls stress things way too much the guy that we are sposed to be with will like us for who we are why bother with the guys who don't matter and will eventually break our hearts?

• I can handle a lot of flaws, but I've always been turned off by obesity. I don't mind if a man has a little extra weight, but not too much. Weight is just the one preference I have. I think it okay to have this preference because unlike other flaws we have, weight is something people can control, most anyway. I just like men too look healthy, they don't have to have a 6-pack & blazing pecs, just be healthy. I also don't like men that anorexic, but not as many men suffer from this as women.

• yes. a girl should focus on becoming HEALTHY before worrying about a guy. seriously. being fat is not healthy whatsoever and is a seriouis health risk..not to mention its gross

• you can lose weight but you can't lose ugly.. so weight doesn't matter to me.. beauty does :)

• women don't care much about these, but men do. My ex dating guy, lie to me telling he was single, after months being with me he dump me by text, then I found he was always engaged, when I saw his ex on a picture she was kind of a chubby girl, but also he was chubby. I am skinny, but in good proportion. While I was with him, he always told me he liked me a lot, but after he dump me I realize he just liked me physically and just for sex. I don't know if he really loved his fiance, I think no, because if he really loved him he would not care if she was chubby or at least respect her if he really love her... I think that when you really love someone you don't care if she is chubby and you respect him or her, and you don't cheat him or her with another person several times

• I am 160 lbs. And 5'1...I guess guys don't think that I am fat they tell me that I a nice thick body. And one guy said that I have body fat in all the places...But seriously doesn't matter because a long as you think that you are the matta f***en princess(confidence is key) than you're good I not saying that you don't have to work out. I don't know for me I still think I fat so I still loosing some weight...and when you loose weight your body feels better...And also if find clothes that fit your body type..Like for example I have a curvy body like coke body figure so its hard to find blouses that have that shape and for the pants I have a big butt so I buy one size bigger for my butt.

• Honestly, as long as a guy looks good, I don't care how much he weighs.

• Nope, weight doesn't matter to most guys, my ex used to say that he liked me being skinny, but that he wouldn't mind if I put on some more. To girls, well I can only speak for myself, I don't like it if girls are out of shape, because I think that they should know better...

• We do what we do to ourselves because of the images that the media embeds into our heads about what looks good & what doesn't. In all reality, women of all different shapes and sizes are sexy/beautiful, & every woman should love themselves the way they are. In my opinion, size does not matter. As long as you're happy with who you are, who give a rats ass what anyone else thinks. Just don't be afraid to be yourself! & If a guy judges you harshly for the way you look, then they're not worth the time of day anyway. Any guy worth even being around would learn to accept you as you are.

• listen just because a girl is heavy doesn't mean she doesn't take care of herself and isn't in shape. When I was young I never worked out and I ate whatever I wanted! I smoked never exercised and ate what ever crap I felt like eating, but because I was skinny guys liked me. Well, as I've gotten older my metabolism has changed and I am overweight now. But I take exceptional care of myself, I eat well and exercise HARD! I run five miles a day, can do fifty guy pushups and I like to lift weights. When I work out, I run guys into the ground! Because of my metabolism I can work out for hours without getting tired! Nothing I do changes the fact that I am heavy now. But because I am heavy you guys assume that I am lazy, sloppy, and don't take care of myself! You don't know what the hell your talking about. Most of the skinny girls you think are in shape never work out and eat cookies for breakfast and pizza for lunch! If you don't like the look of heavy girls that's fine, I don't like skinny out of shape guys; but don't assume just because a girl is heavy she is lazy and doesn't care about how she looks.

• it's a bit of an old qestion dose weight matter, I think that if your happy in yourself, and healthy than your the right weight :) if you can run, sprint and swim your not to big :) but vice versa I wouldn't date a fat guy , so why would they date a fat girl, its pritty double standards to say guys judge.. but were the same

• I'm very active! I weigh 130 I'm 5'6 small and curvy. My measurments are 34-23-33. I'm very curvy with a super tiny waist but I love running and lifting weights. I'm pretty toned and I love my flat tummy. I like my body and I will find a guy that is fit like me too. Guys usually like girls that have the same physical stature as themselves! I love not being stick thin. Big boobs and butts are very attractive! Don't be self concious! Shake watcha mama gave ya!

• what I wonder, is why a lot of guys say weight doesn't matter, its all about personality. yet, they always go for the skinny petite girl. im 140 lbs and I don't think I'm fat, but I'm certainly not small.i wonder this many times too, because I feel that I have big hips, and it makes me look fat. I have many friends who are (not to be mean) fat, but they wear smaller jean sizes.so what does a guy consider "too big/fat" to date"?

• This is a good question. I am a young girl, a very fit girl as well. And I gained weight because I signed up for weight training (a work out kinda class) I wanted to get stronger lol . So I gained about 10 pounds in muscle. My thighs have gotten a ton stronger, but also a little bigger. now when I walk my thighs jiggle a little :) lol, but the boys make fun! I don't know what it is, I guess it depends on the person. because the boys I know are allll d***s. but to me, weight doesn't matter as long as they are healthy. :)

• it all has to do about the way it looks. I weight 180. but I don't look it. and plus I have really big breast (36DDD) I'm curvy and I have thick in the thighs and no one has really ever not dated me because I'm thick.bigger is sexier hun.

• Well honestly it's not weight that matters it's your fitness. As a whole you feel better and, even if they don't want to admit it, your partner will too.

• The digits aren't what matter because it all depends on height and your build to create that number. If you know how to dress yourself and can rock whatever body you have with confidence you are good to go ! All girls can be beautiful no matter what shape or size it is all how you put yourself on display.

• ok so all of these guys are saying it matteres but the fact is that it should matter for health resons. you should always aim for the heavier side of your wight range because truth is women need the fat for energey. its how God desighned us. look it up! people on the heavier side of the wight range chart live longer because they have more energey stored in thir bodies. I personaly try to stay on the low side because yeah my wieght isn't because I want to be healthy its because I'm to vien... that's bad but its the honest truth.

• well in my opinion its not really weight that matter's its more do you look good at the weight you are at? if your 5''5' and 200lbs yea weight matters but! if your 5''5' and 115-130lbs yur good. and to skinny is nasty... so weight matters if your over or under weight!

• Ok yeah obese isn't but curvey is sexy and toothpicks are repulsive! I rather have a girl with an hour glase figure than a toothpick anyday!

• Thats fine. I cannot speak for every guy I think obese is not attractive,

• what bout girls who are too skinny? is that ok? I don't see how a girl been overweight is much different health wise and attractive wise to a girl who is underweight?

• I think weight does matter to a point.I want to bring up something (I didn't read all the comments so I don't know whether it was brought up already) that I have a problem with, and many others do as well. I think it's how you look, not just a number that says how much you weigh.I'm 5'8" and weigh 172 pounds. Now, this may seem overweight, but it technically is still in the "healthy" weight BMI category. On top of that, I don't look like I weigh 172. A lot of it is muscle because I'm very active in different kinds of sports. I'm also athletically built, so I'm going to weigh more than the average 5'8" person.I think it's mostly how you look and not what you weigh, because one of those things might not necessarily ring true about the other. One can mislead a judgment on the other.I hope that makes sense? lol

• i DON'T want to be mean because but size kinda matters I mean I thing most of guys like curvy girls and when I say curvy I don't mean fat I mean CURVY! some guys like really really really freaky skinny girls (I don't know why) but that's just who they r. by the way you guys that are commenting that fat is gross and whatever you should never say that, the worst thing you can do is to call a girl fat. trust me she'll hate you for LIFE! and you won't get any girl if you act like jerks

• It only matters if you make it a proble meaning you ither point it out to him a lot , cause if he didn't like your body now he wouldn't be with you...also it how you "work it" meaning your confedence.If you have that then men are way more drawn to you. Besides women judge way harsher then men.

• Don't listen to what others tell you about what you should and shouldn't be because everyone has a different idea of perfection. Guys who judge girls based solely on appearance don't deserve to be with anyone anyways. A guy could meet a girl and fall in love with her, something as simple as appearance makes him run from her even though she was the best thing that ever happened to him, it is his loss not yours. I am stick thin with huge breasts and I still haven't found my mr. right, only time can fix that.

• well all guys like different things . a person so skiny is discusting but so is too fat. if your a health person and you aren't over 200

• I'd like to believe its not. But that would be wishful thinking :/ I agree that we feel we will be judged if we don't look our best. Or THE best now- a -days. This ultimately puts pressure on us girls thinking that we will only become attractive to the opposite sex if we look good ( doesn't mean you have to be size 0 to look good) I genuinely think BEAUTY LIES SKIN DEEP; total cliche :/ but its true. Only thing is that because we are constantly being rated on looks that doesn't count initially, which is ashame :( but that's reality!. So I do think weight matters to mean initially but I believe that once you get to know someone that isn't necessarily the case. Remember inside every fat person there is a slim better looking person bursting to get out =]

• Ok, so I know you asked about a girl's weight, but I'm going to answer differently. Personally, I find Seth Rogen drop dead sexy and he is overweight. But at the same time, David Beckham could be my future baby daddy and he is crazy in-shape. I'm not attracted to just one body type, and it's something beyond weight that attracts me to a person. Honestly, I don't notice it when I'm looking, so I'm sure that a lot of guys out there are the same way

• Weight does matter to me but it's because I'm a competitive swimmer.I have to eat healthy & have a good body weight.I cannot be underweight or overweight.. I have to be the average weight for my height.I'm 5 feet 5 inches and I'm 109 pounds. I'm considered as skinny/underweight & I hate it alot.I try to gain a few more pounds but sometimes it doesn't work for me.

• Its your body you're appinion is the only one that matters. and BMI is retardeded most healthy male and female models don't fit thier BMI

• i don't think it does.like I am 168cm tall and I weigh around 70kg.most people think I weigh around the 50's so I get a lot of compliments from that.it depends on what your weight is made up of. if you're not fat but you weigh 70+ kg,it's all muscle and be proud of it. maybe it's not muscle. maybe it's just bone mass.depends on the guys. some guys may think having a little muscle here and there isgood. but if your like short and you ARE fat, then it starts to matter.

• I think MOST guys think that a girls body is all that matters. But I don't think so. Even if you have a skinny body you can still feel bad about yourself. Or the other way around. So that's why I say weight doesn't matter. As long as your healthy and you like the way you look there's no worries. Its sad but we all get jugded everyday. Its something we have to understand, its going to happen rather we like it or not. I look for quilties in person,but we even jugde other people because we go for what we see on the outside. Instead of making a wrong jugdement , we should start making the right jugdements.

• how can a girl be 'voluptuous' while not having a bit of fat? girls were meant to be softer than guys. we need more fat to have our periods and hips to hold and give birth to children. for most guys I know, as long as you're not OBESE you're good :)) it should be more about personality (those are the good guys ;)) ) some like them stick thin and some like them curvy, athletic, soft, hard, ect.

• no hun I don't think so. I'm self consious about my weight too-not being overly fat, but being overly skinny. I'm tall and thin & I hate it! girls just think they have to look skinny because its the stereotype! but skinny girls like me wished they weighed more. so truth is, a lot of girls are insecure with their weight, even skinny girls. when really we should just all accept ourselves for who we are and stop worrying about our weight

• I worked with so many men in my life. In job environments that typically have rougher not so tactful men, so I've learned more than I ever wanted to know in my life about certain things! But I am so thankful for my mostly male environments because it really has shown me that sure guys talk a lot of crap about women's bodies but they do also love them and don't see the imperfections that we do. Women judge us harsher on our looks then men do. Sure men will sit down and pick apart a woman in a magazine. They will say her boobs aren't big enough or her thighs are too skinny. They completely objectify those women but those women aren't their girlfriends or wives. There is a lot of more respect for the woman's body whose his. Not saying men think women are possessions but it's like the difference between a car he sees in a magazine and his first car that is sitting in a dusty pile in the driveway. He may be completely amazed by the new car but he is in love with that piece of junk in the front yard. It doesn't matter that the fender is dinged and the windows don't stay up and it leaks oil like the freaking BP spill. It's his and he loves it as is. It's the same way with his girlfriend or wife. Sure she has stretch marks and cellulite and that nasty little hair on her chin that she always has to pluck but she is a million times better than the 'perfect' girl in the magazine. Men start having problems with their wives/girlfriends weight when it seems like she has stopped caring about her appearance all together and when she starts treating him like crap. When a woman is trying to keep up her appearance, even if she is gaining weight, and she is still being good to him, a guy doesn't care like we think he does. I've gone through different things in life like sicknesses that have made my weight fluctuate drastically. Losing huge amounts and gaining huge amounts back. But during that time I never stopped taking care of myself. Dressing nicely, wearing jewelry, perfume, clean clothes, all that. And I never once got a sideways glance from my boyfriend that he was disappointed in me or thought I needed to take better care of myself. He still wanted sex just as much and still said I was just as beautiful. My friend also had a weight gain issue at one time. She stopped taking care of herself, wore sweats all day, never did her hair, and became a complete bitch to her husband. And you better believe the weight gain became an issue. And the same is true for women they just met. If she looks like she doesn't want a guy to approach her cause she is frumpy and unkept, then no guy is going to approach her. Whether she has weight on or not.

• Thanks.

• Very good answer.

• I love this answer.

• Show Older
  • Depends on the guys you are trying to attract and where you live. In Southern California, the standard for slimness is set pretty high. It's not that you cannot be "chubby" but then guys who are very fitness conscious see you as not toned when you may be very toned underneath a small layer of fat.Overall it's about having a nice figure. If your heavier but in all the right places and not so much in the wrong places, you will have many admirers. Some girls are just lucky to carry their weight in a way that looks very curvy and attractive. Also, watch what you wear. If you are curvy and wear clothes that dig into you and give you a muffin top or fat rolling over your bra straps, you will look worse than you should. I don't know why girls these days insist on wearing pants with rolls coming over the waistband and tops that cling to the rolls and highlight them. If you have extra weight, wear the right size, don't try to cinch it in. It's the equivalent of a combover on a balding man. Just say no.

• Oh, yes, the standards here are different. More body conscious for sure, but luckily I like to be "toned" anyways :)

• LOL I wouldn't make assumptions about where someone lives even if they reference a place but you must actually live in Southern California!!! Only here do we use the word "toned". Everywhere else there is fat and thin. But in SoCal you can be thin but not "toned". :)

• Depends on the guy - myself, at 5'3" and 120lbs, have some men telling me I need to gain weight, others tell me I'm perfect and still others that say I could use a 'little toning'. It's personal preference.