For the guys....Does weight really matter?

This one is mainly for the guys...But girls state your opinions too :] So girls are so self conscious about themselves. We always have to look good, because if were not then we will be judged. But the one thing that guys always come too is our weight. So the question is...Does weight really matter?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think the media has the female perspective so screwed up it is ridiculous! How heavy is too heavy? How thick is too thick? Do guys like thick or skinny girls? You never hear people say, "How healthy is too healthy?". Today people are so fixated on looking thin and loosing weight that they loose focus on the health aspect of their personal image, or their body image.What is body image? Body image is a multidimensional construct or an idea that reflects how you see your own body. Many and most people today experience body image disturbances even if they are not aware of it. Body image disturbances are inaccurately perceived images that you may see as you are looking in the mirror . There are four body image dimensions which are perceptual, cognitive, effective, and behavioral. I will not go into depth on these right now, but that should give people something to look up if it sounds like something they are experiencing. My minor is Exercise Science, so I had to put some of that out there.Do guys say, " Look at that fat/heavy chick, I'd tap that"? No, and I hate when guys say crap like that. No, guys do not typically go for girls who unfortunately have an abnormally high Body Mass Index (BMI). That is not something most guys look for in a girl. Do guys want the thin, twig like supermodels? Absolutely not, that is disgusting and the media has it all wrong across the boards! Personally, I like girls who are in shape and make a real conscious effort to stay in good shape. Being physically active is not a choice, its a lifestyle. Most guys like their women to be healthy and last time I checked, heavy and fat are not new slang terms for healthy.So not to be shallow. But yes, weight does matter. And unless it is a result of a Thyroid condition, you can always improve your physical condition and get into better shape. Women should really stop asking this question. It is unfair and just make us guys look bad and shallow minded. If some sweaty, stinky, overweight guy walked up to an attractive girl and asked for her number, we all know there is most likely no chance in hell he will be successful. Girls often ask men as well, "If I gained weight and got fat, would you still love me". That is a horrible and unfair question to ask a boyfriend or a spouse! Love is also respect, and how can we (men) respect you if you do not respect yourself. Someone who respects and cares about themselves will take care of their body and continue a healthy lifestyle.Finally, yes weight is huge...Literally! And it should matter just as much for the women asking this question as the men looking or not looking. Yes, beauty is only skin deep and in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone has their own idea of beauty and definition of what beauty looks like or if it is about looks at all. That is your call as an individual. Weight does matter, but as long as you are healthy anything some asshole says about your weight is irrelevant.

• Love your body, because its the only one God gave you! = )

What Guys Said 139

• It matters if the girls is unhealthily obese, sure. But if she's just carrying a little extra poundage? That's never been a concern of mine. To me, it's a sign that the girl knows how to party, enjoys a beer, and possibly a good steak. She will never order salad, then spend half the meal stealing food from my plate. Rather, she'll probably know the best place to go for ribs on a Thursday night, and where I can get the best cheese cake in town.I love a girl who's happy in her own skin, and who'll never start a fight by asking "Does this make my ass look big?"

• Yes, it matters a lot. So many women are so big nowadays, espcially the younger girls. Personally I hardly ever see any girls who aren't Asian looking good on the street..

• Yeh there may be some large women "nowadays" but for every large woman you show me, I can show you a man that is just as big.

• Haha woot woot for yellow fever!

• Long as she has an active lifestyle, it really doesn't matter to me at all.

• To me, as long as your face / hair / eyes / additionally voice are attractive, shape does not matter. I've been attracted to girls that were 120 lbs, and girls that were 190 lbs. As I said, it doesn't matter. To me, it doesn't, anyways. xDBut the catch is, your face CAN be messed up if you are overweight. And then you would not be attractive. Just don't look fat. Look overweight, max. :P

• Yes and no. I would not leave someone for weight matters. However, I myself tend to be very healthy. I work out consistently, and I'm not asking for the same level of effort. But I would like someone who at least makes SOME kind of effort. If someone is overweight purely for lack of exercise and sloppy eating, then yes weight really does matter. Because they lack total regard for their health.

• Well generally I prefer that she weigh lower than mets basically the only thing id prefer, to be honest though weight doesn't really matter because really, what does a figure tell you?. it has nothing to do with whether or not your overweight or healthy it just doesn't say much. A girl who is 200 pounds off fat is going to look a hell of a lot different than a girl who is 200 pounds of muscle, don't let figures bother you. if you suit your weight than what's there to worry about?. According to BMI, I'm actually quite far into the overweight catagory which is kinda odd considering I don't carry any visible fat.So in answer to your question. no weight doesn't really matter at all, I actually tend to prefer thicker curvier women and most the time they tend to be a lot heavier so it doesn't matter to me, but still it depends on the guy. don't worry about it, if a guy don't like it, find someone else haha :P

• I admit, I like skinny girls, always have. That being said focussing on the scale is the wrong way to go about it. Me I like athletic girls; they often have more muscle tone than average girls and because of that will weigh more. That will not even be something I notice. Do I care about weight, yes, but not the number, just the appearance. That means you shouldn't be ashamed weighing 60 kg or whatever, my thoughts on you aren't going to change if it turns out you weight 20 kg more than I estimated. I go by how you look. Also there is not an ideal weight to aim for, once you're within a certain range, then you're good. If you're at a nice size and you're standing next to your friend who's 1 dress size below you, chances are if we're comparing, we've moved on to other features.

• Yes, weight/size matters. However, you may not necessarily be judged, you just won't really be noticed or considered by many/most guys, particularly physically attractive ones. Its been my observation that overweight girls end up with other overweight guys.

• Yes. Anorexic thin looks unhealthy and neurotic. Fat looks unclean, ill disciplined and self indulgent. Sturdy, fit and well groomed is what we like. That can be anywhere from athletic-slip to durably fleshy.

• Yeah it does.I'm trim as heck because I have to diet. I'm diabetic. I take my health seriously and don't eat all kinds of crap.I want a girl that does the same - pays attention to what she eats. I'm not inclined to get with a chick who's plumped out.Women do the same - they DO judge by appearances. I don't see beautiful chicks arm in arm with fat guys. Why should they anyway? Don't go for less when you want more.

• Yes it does I don't like lazy and girls who don't take care of themselves.

• as far as physical attractiveness...it matters more than anything...hands down

• It depends on how the woman looks. Some chubby women are hot and some are ugly. I'd rather be with a large woman rather than a skinny twig like Paris Hilton or the Olson twins.If a woman is large and looks like any of the women in the links then they are fine. link link link

• I look like #2, lol....

• Show Older
    • And each guy likes a different body part. If a guy is a leg man he probably isn't going to go after a heavy girl. Boob men are the ones who are more willing to date heavier women cause usually heavier women have larger boobs. So it shouldn't really suprise us if a guy links pictures of girls with really big boobs. Geez, I'm giving you +1 for trying!

• Why are girls getting mad? That's just what that man likes, he's allowed to have a preference. Most big girls do have big breasts anyway, fat is made of adipose tissue so it's not as if he had some unrealistic preference like he liked a size 0 chick with DDs..even if that was his type he is just 1 guy and his opinion isn't law

• Appearance matters. It's that simple. It seems superficial because it is.We meet girls we like the look of. We stay with girls we like the feel of.If you're cute, clean, happy, and inviting, then we don't care if you're fat. The problem is that many "fat" girls dress in an unattractive way that makes them look fat instead of curvy. Plus many "fat" girls are insecure, which makes them look unapproachable, boring, dirty, or angry.I hope this helps...~ Robby

• It's unbelievable how you phrase things. Best answer.

• For guys, it is nice to be able to NOT have to lie to you daily about your appearance. We will lie to appease you for the sake of love and relationship and family and whatnot, but it would be NICE not to.In my advanced age I maintain a V-shaped figure, good muscle mass, good rate of metabolism. No 6-pack or crazy blobs of muscles everywhere, but very much in shape. I have the discipline to eat well and exercise to keep that up for life. The bottom line is, this should be the norm. I am in the top 10% of body appearance in my age group and I should not be.Make it a priority to get into the top shape of your life and stay there, and the way I look at it, even if I am so pathetically off it is completely irrelevant, at the absolute very least, you would be in the top shape of your life. :-) :-) :-)HugsSasha

• NO! I've been in love with my girlfriend since we were just friends in high school, & I've seen her working out & rock solid, a little chubby, & heavy enough to wear plus sizes, & I've NEVER thought of her as ANYTHING BUT BEAUTIFUL...

• It really doesn't matter to me at all, I think you can be a bigger girl and still be very attractive, that and I focus on personality and if they are clean, smell nice and such things. I have been with a number of bigger girls and very much enjoyed my relationships with them both personally and sexually. Besides that if she can accept me and finds me attractive I feel I can very much do the same.

• U must be a loser, no offense

• Show Older
    • Citygurl you must be anorexic and dumb.more dumb though because you spelt GIRL wrong and its not cool the way you did it...no offense.

• hahaha scorpion princess you made me laugh. I agree 100% she is probaly a little bitch who thinks she is cool over the internet.

• From a guy's POV who's started working out and losing weight, yeah it does. I expect my girls to look healthy and have a nice sexy flat tummy? why? cause soon I'm gonna have that too, it's not fair I'm working my butt off to look sexy while the girl does nothing.in my opinion people with the same "fitness" level should date those of their level.if someone is 210 pounds, overweight, and does nothing about it. he shouldn't expect to get with a slim sexy girl, its not fair to the girl or him.

• It doenst really matter to me. I look at the girl on the inside before I see her weight but at the same time I have to be attracted to her. As long as the girl keep herself up and has the confidence about her the weight doesn't matter.

• Yes. Its one of the ONLY things that matters to me.I don't like lazy fat unmotivated greedy gluttons.I have met many heavey girls that were cute and attractive its all about how your present and take care of yourself...personally I would date a girl that was over 170 pounds. give or take some but that's my limit I would think since I weigh 155 and I am quite slim so I can allow some leway lol

• its no so much weight as in body shape if you way 140 pounds but your don't look fat than its okbut if your 5' 2 and 160 and look fat than there it starts to matter

• It does but every guy is different. Plenty of averagely desirably guys don't care, they are more in the face. Although some like me get wicked turned off by what they consider fat. I actually prefer girls to have no stomach, muffin top, or sluppiness (waves and such) but be as volupious as possible breast, butt, hips, smallest waist possible, legs (more so thighs). altough most white guys are suburban and surburban guy usually like pancake and stick legs (including thighs) some time don't like big hips. most blacks and hispanic are from urban culture and there for have the same preference as me. I am actually white but grew up in small city and get look at funny all the time by white people when I mention my preference

• It does matter. You can't be too fat, or we'll push you off as being unattractive and you'll lose points with a lot of guys.When I say fat, I don't mean chubby. I mean like really overweight, like if you're over 170lbs, regardless of your height, the chances are you're probably fat. 130lbs to 160lbs almost always falls into the chubby category. Over here it'll depend more on the guy. Some guys don't like chubby girls, but lots of guy do (myself included).But if you're under 130lbs, and you think you're fat, you're just being paranoid. You might have a bit of a tummy, but no guy that's worth it is going to care about that.

• What do you think about the fact that most bmi is in complete disagreement with what you just said?i think people & bmi's for people are much heavier than they need to be- but that is my opinion. as far as bmi goes, girls are healthier over 130, if they are over 5 '5...basically. What if your tastes are unhealthy for the girl- would you care?>5 feet, 8 inches BMI is: 19.8 :Normal weight = 18.5-24.9Overweight = 25-29.9Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater*

• Show Older
    • Unrealistic? Tell that to my hot friends. I'm talking about girls here. Not guys. It's normal for guys with muscles who are that height, to weigh more than that.But if an athlete girl is 5'8 and weighs over 160, perhaps she might not be fat, but let's just say guys aren't too happy being with a girl who has more muscle than he does.I imagine it would be the same as you being with a guy who's thinner than you, has less body hair, and takes much longer to get ready than you do. Same sh*t.

• Http://www.mybodygallery.com/img/4/287.jpg (5'2"/125 lbs/Size 8)http://www.mybodygallery.com/img/342/4.jpg (5'6"/145lbs/Size 8)http://www.mybodygallery.com/img/84/1.jpg (5'10"/170lbs/Size 12)Not trying to attack you or anything but I do want to give you an idea what the weights you've listed look like on real women. As you can see, height clearly does matter because as height increases, so does the amount of weight you can carry without it being readily obvious.

• guys dun care a damn about what your weight is...they just want a nice looking and understanding girl...a girl with whom...they'll not feel embarrassed in public

• Weight only matters to those men who look for a certain body type. So guys like girls thicker, some like them skin bony. I personally like girls that are skinnier (not bony) like an athletic build to some girls that are a little curvy. I draw the line at girls who look anorexic or who are overwhelmingly overweight. I basically look for a girl who is healthy. Its good genetics. Its a subconscious thing.

• Weight matters. It can be overcome but it still matters and I don't think its really fair to put all the factors for self loathing on guys because girls actually have HIGHER expectations of men in terms of what a male body should look like..men have to be lean AND cut to be considered having a nice body while girls just have to lose fat in the right places. And I think either you belong to the world that does care what other people think or the world that doesn't care what other people think so depending on where you are (figuratively) it matters.

• This is true. we like guys with muscle... so, the only fat guys don't look for tho, would be stomach fat (the hardest fat to lose)? just curious....

• I mean I think most guys want curves so fat in the hips and whatnot as where guys have to get rid of almost all their body fat so that their muscles show.

• Stomach is the easiest place to loose wieght. its about the food you eat. female bodies arn't desighned to burn fat by building there but there are foods that do target that spot.

• To me. Yes it does. Can't think of nything worse than cushin' for th pushin'. my partner is toned, with a hot athletic body with a nice firm defined stomach so she looks awesome in a bikini. And to the guy who said 'physical relationships don't last'...its been 6 years and my dream girl is my fiancee. Its not being shalow. Its having a preference.

• I'll be totally honest here. I like a girl who looks healthy. What that means is she's not stick thin and looks ill but then she doesn't look like she eats way more than her body needs for her lifestyle.Personally, I have a reasonably active lifestyle and like to stay in shape, so I'm attracted to women who also like to eat a bit healthy (not all the time) and exercise in which ever way works for them. It's a turn off if the girl does no exercise at all, it's unnatural and lazy.And no, this doesn't mean I only go for Miranda Kerr/Jennifer Hawkins/Jessica Alba/Jessica Biel types of women. I LOVE a woman with curves :)

• you like a fit woman.

• Yes, weight does matter. Guys do not want a girl who is overweight. That is a fact of reality - and it's understandable. What you should also know is guys don't want a girl who is too skinny. A guy wants a girl he's attracted to, one who looks healthy, etc.And likewise, women want a guy who is in shape too. Yes, perhaps some women are willing to settle for a guy who is out of shape moreso than some men - that's true. But at the end of the day, you can't fault guys for wanting a woman that they are attracted to.Women don't need to be supermodels. But being in shape is something that is a good thing to strive for.What attracts a guy to a girl? -> link Are guys intimidated by pretty girls? -> link Why do girls like outgoing guys? -> link Best- Evan

• Kind of...It matters a lot if you want a girlfriend just to show off for your friends, but if you want a real partner, then it doesn't matter that much. Still, it matters, because what will make the first impression is how you look, so if you're too skinny or too fat, it could ruin some first impressions. What is important is that you look healthy lol

• Show More

What Girls Said 40

• HAHAHAHA! Wow guys must be very into this topic with 130 answers. I was reading the answers on here and laughing but at the same time wanting to vomit! I've been dieting on and off for 4 years and I went through a long stage of depression and gained a good amount of weight, so what? I can lose it which is what I'm working on right now. I honestly am not to worried about it, what happens when you have kids and your wife has that baby fat? What are they going to do not be attracted to her? I have no problem getting guys and I'm at my highest weight, and lots of skinny guys like me. Sure size matters for a lot of guys but for some it doesn't. All I can say is do what's best for you and screw everyone else.

• weight doesn't matter, it's how you carry yourself. I spent most my life obese/overweight and I'll tell, HEALTHY is what to go for. guys can't look at you and guess how much you weigh. they can look at you and see how good you look. I know girls who are considered obese based on BMI and blah, blah, blah but these girls are gorgeous, bodies are nice and curvy, some even have flat stomachs, but thicker hourglass figures. your weight is PERCEIVED based on how your body is shaped.200 pounds on a 4'11 girl is a lot differ from a 5'10 girl. athletic girls are heavier with muscle, but can be completely toned and stick thin girls are skinny, but be completely out of shape (and some guys truly like a FIT girl versus a thin one).if you're not happy in your skin, it's a turn off anyway. you have to be comfortable in your body, and hell, you may even convince a man that what he THOUGHT was hot no longer matters because YOU changed his mind lol I know guys who are dating bigger girls that they used to laugh at because she was so sexy and confident that he had to get her. personality really does help with attractiveness too.regardless of all that, if you feel unhealthy, do something about it. it feels great to take care of yourself as opposed to worrying about what others are thinking about you. those people don't matter at the end of the day. fall in love with yourself first and then let the guy love happen when it happens. you need to FEEL healthy and BE active. it's not easy, trust me, but it's not impossible and remember to DO IT FOR YOU! nobody else!

• Honestly, as long as a guy looks good, I don't care how much he weighs.

• I worked with so many men in my life. In job environments that typically have rougher not so tactful men, so I've learned more than I ever wanted to know in my life about certain things! But I am so thankful for my mostly male environments because it really has shown me that sure guys talk a lot of crap about women's bodies but they do also love them and don't see the imperfections that we do. Women judge us harsher on our looks then men do. Sure men will sit down and pick apart a woman in a magazine. They will say her boobs aren't big enough or her thighs are too skinny. They completely objectify those women but those women aren't their girlfriends or wives. There is a lot of more respect for the woman's body whose his. Not saying men think women are possessions but it's like the difference between a car he sees in a magazine and his first car that is sitting in a dusty pile in the driveway. He may be completely amazed by the new car but he is in love with that piece of junk in the front yard. It doesn't matter that the fender is dinged and the windows don't stay up and it leaks oil like the freaking BP spill. It's his and he loves it as is. It's the same way with his girlfriend or wife. Sure she has stretch marks and cellulite and that nasty little hair on her chin that she always has to pluck but she is a million times better than the 'perfect' girl in the magazine. Men start having problems with their wives/girlfriends weight when it seems like she has stopped caring about her appearance all together and when she starts treating him like crap. When a woman is trying to keep up her appearance, even if she is gaining weight, and she is still being good to him, a guy doesn't care like we think he does. I've gone through different things in life like sicknesses that have made my weight fluctuate drastically. Losing huge amounts and gaining huge amounts back. But during that time I never stopped taking care of myself. Dressing nicely, wearing jewelry, perfume, clean clothes, all that. And I never once got a sideways glance from my boyfriend that he was disappointed in me or thought I needed to take better care of myself. He still wanted sex just as much and still said I was just as beautiful. My friend also had a weight gain issue at one time. She stopped taking care of herself, wore sweats all day, never did her hair, and became a complete bitch to her husband. And you better believe the weight gain became an issue. And the same is true for women they just met. If she looks like she doesn't want a guy to approach her cause she is frumpy and unkept, then no guy is going to approach her. Whether she has weight on or not.

• "It doesn't matter that the fender is dinged and the windows don't stay up and it leaks oil like the freaking BP spill" XD lmfao

• Show Older
    • Very good answer.

• Thanks.

• Ok, so I know you asked about a girl's weight, but I'm going to answer differently. Personally, I find Seth Rogen drop dead sexy and he is overweight. But at the same time, David Beckham could be my future baby daddy and he is crazy in-shape. I'm not attracted to just one body type, and it's something beyond weight that attracts me to a person. Honestly, I don't notice it when I'm looking, so I'm sure that a lot of guys out there are the same way

• I think MOST guys think that a girls body is all that matters. But I don't think so. Even if you have a skinny body you can still feel bad about yourself. Or the other way around. So that's why I say weight doesn't matter. As long as your healthy and you like the way you look there's no worries. Its sad but we all get jugded everyday. Its something we have to understand, its going to happen rather we like it or not. I look for quilties in person,but we even jugde other people because we go for what we see on the outside. Instead of making a wrong jugdement , we should start making the right jugdements.

• sometimes I get confused though because I'm big and some guys say I'm fat and others say I'm curvy or chubby and some make me seem like I'm overweight if I told you how much I weigh but then you looked at me you wouldn't believe me ..im kinda brolic I guess strong shoulders legs and arms what would that make me? and weight doesn't matter it depends on the guy. a lot of jerks say fat girls can't get hot guys but uumm every guy I have ever been with or had the chance to be with have always been hot ,smart, talented and all of that .us girls stress things way too much the guy that we are sposed to be with will like us for who we are why bother with the guys who don't matter and will eventually break our hearts?

• ok so all of these guys are saying it matteres but the fact is that it should matter for health resons. you should always aim for the heavier side of your wight range because truth is women need the fat for energey. its how God desighned us. look it up! people on the heavier side of the wight range chart live longer because they have more energey stored in thir bodies. I personaly try to stay on the low side because yeah my wieght isn't because I want to be healthy its because I'm to vien... that's bad but its the honest truth.

• women don't care much about these, but men do. My ex dating guy, lie to me telling he was single, after months being with me he dump me by text, then I found he was always engaged, when I saw his ex on a picture she was kind of a chubby girl, but also he was chubby. I am skinny, but in good proportion. While I was with him, he always told me he liked me a lot, but after he dump me I realize he just liked me physically and just for sex. I don't know if he really loved his fiance, I think no, because if he really loved him he would not care if she was chubby or at least respect her if he really love her... I think that when you really love someone you don't care if she is chubby and you respect him or her, and you don't cheat him or her with another person several times

• I am 160 lbs. And 5'1...I guess guys don't think that I am fat they tell me that I a nice thick body. And one guy said that I have body fat in all the places...But seriously doesn't matter because a long as you think that you are the matta f***en princess(confidence is key) than you're good I not saying that you don't have to work out. I don't know for me I still think I fat so I still loosing some weight...and when you loose weight your body feels better...And also if find clothes that fit your body type..Like for example I have a curvy body like coke body figure so its hard to find blouses that have that shape and for the pants I have a big butt so I buy one size bigger for my butt.

• We do what we do to ourselves because of the images that the media embeds into our heads about what looks good & what doesn't. In all reality, women of all different shapes and sizes are sexy/beautiful, & every woman should love themselves the way they are. In my opinion, size does not matter. As long as you're happy with who you are, who give a rats ass what anyone else thinks. Just don't be afraid to be yourself! & If a guy judges you harshly for the way you look, then they're not worth the time of day anyway. Any guy worth even being around would learn to accept you as you are.

• Well honestly it's not weight that matters it's your fitness. As a whole you feel better and, even if they don't want to admit it, your partner will too.

• well all guys like different things . a person so skiny is discusting but so is too fat. if your a health person and you aren't over 200

• how can a girl be 'voluptuous' while not having a bit of fat? girls were meant to be softer than guys. we need more fat to have our periods and hips to hold and give birth to children. for most guys I know, as long as you're not OBESE you're good :)) it should be more about personality (those are the good guys ;)) ) some like them stick thin and some like them curvy, athletic, soft, hard, ect.

• yes. a girl should focus on becoming HEALTHY before worrying about a guy. seriously. being fat is not healthy whatsoever and is a seriouis health risk..not to mention its gross

• listen just because a girl is heavy doesn't mean she doesn't take care of herself and isn't in shape. When I was young I never worked out and I ate whatever I wanted! I smoked never exercised and ate what ever crap I felt like eating, but because I was skinny guys liked me. Well, as I've gotten older my metabolism has changed and I am overweight now. But I take exceptional care of myself, I eat well and exercise HARD! I run five miles a day, can do fifty guy pushups and I like to lift weights. When I work out, I run guys into the ground! Because of my metabolism I can work out for hours without getting tired! Nothing I do changes the fact that I am heavy now. But because I am heavy you guys assume that I am lazy, sloppy, and don't take care of myself! You don't know what the hell your talking about. Most of the skinny girls you think are in shape never work out and eat cookies for breakfast and pizza for lunch! If you don't like the look of heavy girls that's fine, I don't like skinny out of shape guys; but don't assume just because a girl is heavy she is lazy and doesn't care about how she looks.

• what I wonder, is why a lot of guys say weight doesn't matter, its all about personality. yet, they always go for the skinny petite girl. im 140 lbs and I don't think I'm fat, but I'm certainly not small.i wonder this many times too, because I feel that I have big hips, and it makes me look fat. I have many friends who are (not to be mean) fat, but they wear smaller jean sizes.so what does a guy consider "too big/fat" to date"?

• This is a good question. I am a young girl, a very fit girl as well. And I gained weight because I signed up for weight training (a work out kinda class) I wanted to get stronger lol . So I gained about 10 pounds in muscle. My thighs have gotten a ton stronger, but also a little bigger. now when I walk my thighs jiggle a little :) lol, but the boys make fun! I don't know what it is, I guess it depends on the person. because the boys I know are allll d***s. but to me, weight doesn't matter as long as they are healthy. :)

• The digits aren't what matter because it all depends on height and your build to create that number. If you know how to dress yourself and can rock whatever body you have with confidence you are good to go ! All girls can be beautiful no matter what shape or size it is all how you put yourself on display.

• well in my opinion its not really weight that matter's its more do you look good at the weight you are at? if your 5''5' and 200lbs yea weight matters but! if your 5''5' and 115-130lbs yur good. and to skinny is nasty... so weight matters if your over or under weight!

• Thats fine. I cannot speak for every guy I think obese is not attractive,

• Ok yeah obese isn't but curvey is sexy and toothpicks are repulsive! I rather have a girl with an hour glase figure than a toothpick anyday!

• what bout girls who are too skinny? is that ok? I don't see how a girl been overweight is much different health wise and attractive wise to a girl who is underweight?

• I think weight does matter to a point.I want to bring up something (I didn't read all the comments so I don't know whether it was brought up already) that I have a problem with, and many others do as well. I think it's how you look, not just a number that says how much you weigh.I'm 5'8" and weigh 172 pounds. Now, this may seem overweight, but it technically is still in the "healthy" weight BMI category. On top of that, I don't look like I weigh 172. A lot of it is muscle because I'm very active in different kinds of sports. I'm also athletically built, so I'm going to weigh more than the average 5'8" person.I think it's mostly how you look and not what you weigh, because one of those things might not necessarily ring true about the other. One can mislead a judgment on the other.I hope that makes sense? lol

• i DON'T want to be mean because but size kinda matters I mean I thing most of guys like curvy girls and when I say curvy I don't mean fat I mean CURVY! some guys like really really really freaky skinny girls (I don't know why) but that's just who they r. by the way you guys that are commenting that fat is gross and whatever you should never say that, the worst thing you can do is to call a girl fat. trust me she'll hate you for LIFE! and you won't get any girl if you act like jerks

• It only matters if you make it a proble meaning you ither point it out to him a lot , cause if he didn't like your body now he wouldn't be with you...also it how you "work it" meaning your confedence.If you have that then men are way more drawn to you. Besides women judge way harsher then men.

• I can handle a lot of flaws, but I've always been turned off by obesity. I don't mind if a man has a little extra weight, but not too much. Weight is just the one preference I have. I think it okay to have this preference because unlike other flaws we have, weight is something people can control, most anyway. I just like men too look healthy, they don't have to have a 6-pack & blazing pecs, just be healthy. I also don't like men that anorexic, but not as many men suffer from this as women.

• you can lose weight but you can't lose ugly.. so weight doesn't matter to me.. beauty does :)

• it's a bit of an old qestion dose weight matter, I think that if your happy in yourself, and healthy than your the right weight :) if you can run, sprint and swim your not to big :) but vice versa I wouldn't date a fat guy , so why would they date a fat girl, its pritty double standards to say guys judge.. but were the same

• it all has to do about the way it looks. I weight 180. but I don't look it. and plus I have really big breast (36DDD) I'm curvy and I have thick in the thighs and no one has really ever not dated me because I'm thick.bigger is sexier hun.

• I'd like to believe its not. But that would be wishful thinking :/ I agree that we feel we will be judged if we don't look our best. Or THE best now- a -days. This ultimately puts pressure on us girls thinking that we will only become attractive to the opposite sex if we look good ( doesn't mean you have to be size 0 to look good) I genuinely think BEAUTY LIES SKIN DEEP; total cliche :/ but its true. Only thing is that because we are constantly being rated on looks that doesn't count initially, which is ashame :( but that's reality!. So I do think weight matters to mean initially but I believe that once you get to know someone that isn't necessarily the case. Remember inside every fat person there is a slim better looking person bursting to get out =]

• no hun I don't think so. I'm self consious about my weight too-not being overly fat, but being overly skinny. I'm tall and thin & I hate it! girls just think they have to look skinny because its the stereotype! but skinny girls like me wished they weighed more. so truth is, a lot of girls are insecure with their weight, even skinny girls. when really we should just all accept ourselves for who we are and stop worrying about our weight

• Show More