Why does he notice/remember little details about me?

This guy seems to always remember little details about me. He brings up little things later on like in conversation with me and my friend he brought up my love for chocolate and how I "ate 17 of his chocolates the other night" when in reality I only at two. He also called me out when I was being quiet one night, and when I told him that I'm not usually a lout person he remarked how I must just talk around him then.

He remembers little details about me like how my fingers are always cold (we've held hands a couple times because I was cold and he wanted to warm me up) and how I enjoy chocolate. Even when I didn't know him all that well he brought up how I've only been over to his house four times, and when I was like "wait, was it only four?" he listed off when and why I was over there, even though one of the times I only went to pick up his sister (my friend) and he didn't even see me. He notices things about my appearance too ("you're the only girl I know who would wear hot pink snakeskin skinny jeans" or "oh hey, did you do something different with your hair tonight?"). He's never outright compliments me though, and more often than not he's teasing me or play-arguing with me about something stupid. In fact, it's pretty difficult for us to have a conversation without one of us ragging on the other, so I'm hesitant to think that he might have feelings for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• sometimes guys remember things about girls because they find something about that girl interesting. or attractive. I probably have the scent of 20 plus girls memorized to the point that if one of them changed they're perfume I would notice. its not necessarily something we try to do but something we instinctively program ourself to do... to remember tiny details about girls. I think this is because we think girls appreciate when a guy notices something about a girl and comments on it. is this not true? if so then I seriously need to work that out of myself.

• Don't worry, his/guys in general remembering details is much appreciated!;) I'm just attempting to sort out his mass of mixed signals to me here-not complaining about how he remembers little things about me.

• Ok gotcha. can't really advise you on that sorry

• Haha don't worry about it, I didn't ask about the majority of the mixed signals so it would be really difficult to!;)

What Guys Said 3

• He really likes you. I always remember the smallest details about the girl I'm crazy for. If only I loved physics and chemistry as much as I loved her.

• I hope you're right...and haha, I'm not a massive fan of chem or physics either :P

• How DARE you diss the greatest sciences of the world!

• This guy is either Rain Man or he likes you. A lot. A guy will not remember anything about a girl unless he likes her. Hell, we can't even remember a name. But if we notice snakeskin skinny jeans ... I guarantee he likes you. It's just guys are naturally more immature than girls of a similar age so it's hard for him to let you know (plus, guys hate rejection as much as you fear it).

Maybe you can ask your friend (his sister) to help play matchmaker and move things a long a bit.

• Hahaha, and it wasn't the first time he's noticed...but it's never really occurred to me to think of it as anything since I have a (very) eclectic style and guys do comment fairly regularly on what I'm wearing just because it's unique. I hope you're right though!

He's actually not my age, he's quite a bit older, but not growing up right away runs in his family so it doesn't seem strange to be with him :]

Ahhh, I wish I could, but she's a bit freaked about the situation! My other friend who's

• (continued)good friends with him as well does try to 'set us up' though, so there is that.

Thanks for the comment and the laugh!:D

• You're welcome. Good luck - I have a sense this is going to work out well for you.

• yeah, he definitely likes you. as zacattack said, we do that because we think and hope that girls like that.

• Here's to hoping you're on the money...he sends mixed signals all the time, so it would be really nice to know for sure where he stands! ^.^ thanks for taking the time to answer!

• No problem :)

What Girls Said 3

• Yup...its seems as though he is definitley interested in you...

• You could try writing him a letter on how you feel and avoid any awkwardness when you try and tell him to his face. Its just a thought im gonna try it for a guy i like I've known him for 5 months we were talking for a month before we met and the first day i met him i knew instantly how i felt but now webe had a huge fight over the something that shouldn't have been said but it was and it wastext to a friend which then screen shotted it to his mum and a friend told that person that screen shot it that i loved them when i dont i only like this one guy i tried to tell him that but he's too mad at me. I've apologised loads and he's still mad. Weve been arguing or should i say he's been mad at me for 1 month and i tried to sort it with him 2 weeks ago but he womt have it i dunno why he won't hear me out i feel like he hates me. Our friendship started off all flirty the first couple of months id get compliments for changing my hair or my clothes weve hugged but it felt awkward that might have been because it was the second time we met up with each other. It then went from less flirty to teasing each other and its kind of still there we have had 4 previous arguments but sorted it like a day later but this ones really bad any advic for me?

• Girls never think guys pay attention to the little things they do for them

Like dress up, or get their hair done or wear perfume. So when they noticed she changed her shampoo, or is wearing snakeskin pants. That show that he's paying attention to you and is making an effort. I'm actually in the same predicament. And just recently I noticed that my friend will go out of his way juts to crack a silly joke or say something to make me smile. He likes you. Sometimes, guys just have weird ways of showing it.

• Aww, that's sweet of him! Actually, I'm pretty sure this guy does that for me as well, now that I think of it. The frustrating fact is that he sends such mixed signals that it makes it really difficult for me to tell whether or not he's seriously interested or not. I wish I had to courage to ask him what's going on, but rejection is a pretty dang scary thought! D:

And yes, guys are just confusing in general. I think I should just give up attempting to make sense of what they do. ;)

• I say, you go for it. I'm actually trying to convince myself to do the same.

Give it some time though. And when your mind is made up, and the time is right, you will know. Best of luck to you [:

• I sure do hope so.:] Best of luck to you as well, I hope everything works out!!