• Ask
  • myTake

Should I get my overbite fixed?

so I have perfect teeth...except for my overbite... my dentist said I didn't need braces unless I wanted them. my overbite kind of bugs me but does... Show More

idk y this is in behavior I checked the style section and it was on my pulldown menu but didn't go there so yeah

Most Helpful Opinion

• The braces would be thousands of dollars, for sure, because dentists are expensive. But the price varies on the type of braces, the quality, the dentist, and part of the world you live in, and about a hundred other factors. As for how long you'd have them. Probably a couple years. Only get it if you think you need it, and if you can afford it. It will take a while, and might hurt, and will cost a lot of money, so only do this if you're sure you can't live with it. An overbite isn't so bad. I mean sure it's noticeable, but it could be worse.

• If it's optional, then as I said, only get it if you're sure you can't deal with having an overbite.

What Guys Said 2

• Why don't you ask your dentist? You know, the one who told you the option.He's the most qualified person you'll find.

• she and she said it was optional...

• Well, why didn't you ask her out of curiosity? She'll be able to give you figures that we can't provide

• i did and she was a not-so-nice word about it

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah you probably should, because it just helps you in the long run.

• try invisalign. it can get rid of your overbite. I think it lasts less than a year. and you have to give a down payment before getting them or something like that, and then you can give monthly payments

• one of my friends tried that and it didn't work but I don't know if she remembered to put it in or not

• Show Older
    • because they thrive to steal money from people

• then don't get them... simple as that.

• If you have perfectly straight teeth then you don't need braces it would be a waste of money...there expensive unless your rich. Also...braces correct un-straight teeth...retainers correct overbites and keep your teeth in the position your braces corrected your un-straight teeth. So if you want any form of anything in your mouth get a retainer for your overbite. I use to want braces...then my eye vision matured and I thought them pretty ugly. I have an overbite and no one notices except the dentist and occasionalyy my doctor. So smile pretty...your overbites not bad really.

• i mainly want them fixed because it just feels really awkward and weird and it makes my jaw hurt unless I sit there with my mouth open all the time