Are panty lines unsightly to men?

Fashion tells us not to let them be seen. Wondering what guys think?

319

Most Helpful Girl

• As bad as it sounds, one guy from a previous job used to give a "panty-line check" to myself and another co-worker, looking to see if we were in "granny panties" or a thong. I never thought much about it until then or think that anyone really paid attention. It actually made me a little more aware that those lines are as visible, and are not too flattering. Now I am just a little more cautious, and try not to sport panty lines. BUT, also have to mention that thongs can also leave an ugly line. Have to find the right lighter material and make sure they aren't a little tight or they can show too.

• That sounds very pervasive and unnecessary. Would he really fire someone for having the "right" underwear?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 19

• Panty lines can be very sexy if the panties are sexy. All guys want to see a hot girl in her panties, and panty lines are a step closer to that. The idea that panty lines are so unacceptable must have been started by completely self absorbed chicks with unrealistic views of life. I mean come on, one of the first things a guy thinks about when he is attracted to a girl is, "I wonder what kind of panties she wears". As previously stated, if the panties are sexy, then so are the panty lines.

• HAHAHA I like your style, you're name is pretty killer too :D

• I think it makes you look like you don't know how to dress yourself.

• Lol TOTALLY AGREE! it's not trashy as thongs showing off.. but it's like she can't even wear her panty ;p

• i don't really care that much about panty lines

• I would prefer not seeing them because it makes the women look like a slut because that's how tight her pants are. Just my opinion.

• I don't think many men really care about panty lines. In fact the only place or people you hear "complaining" is the media magazines.

• "Fashion tells us..." The fashion industry wants and needs to sell new products.

I think panty-lines are sexy especially when they are worn by a woman not intentionally trying to be sexy. That v-shape running along her bum really defines her shape.

• They're not so bad as long they're not those huge panties!

• This comes down to the chicken or the egg theory above all else in my opinion. Meaning...

If you find the lady attractive, seeing her panty line only proves the fact that guys think of sex every *whatever* amount of mins in a day haha...& thinking about her undies is just additional fuel for the fire. So why not do it ladies? if your looking for a date anyhow. Obviously needs to be a subtle attempt thou, to much "trailer park" is just to much.

Now... chicken or the egg thingy...

If the Lady isn't attractive to said "guy"... either comes down to a simple logical answer... He isn't looking at your bum anyway & its a moot point lol!!

• I honestly don't mind seeing them. Gives us an idea of what ur wearing but if I was dating a girl I would prefer her not to show.

• Panty lines are so Hottttttt! I go out specificly looking for them. Most other guys I know love them too. Ladies, if you want men to notice you, go out of your way to show panty lines. You won't be sorry and probably even feel sexier!

• Panty lines are sexy" it gets me thinking hum" are they full brief panties? or bikini?real silky? the first which are sexy to me also.

• I don't mind at all. On a pretty girl, it is sexy. Makes me wonder what she's wearing underneath those tight jeans.

• Most asian dude loves to see panty lines & starts imaging type of panties wore by the girl. :-)

• On a woman with a nice shaply bottom panty lines drive me insane!

• I would prefer not to see them, but it's not a deal breaker.

• The only people that are bothered by pantylines are women and gay men. Straight men either don't care or like them.
    If you are dressing to impress women and gay men, then by all means, avoid pantylines.
    Otherwise. . .

• No they are not. Not unless the women is "unsightly" as well...and by unsightly I mean 300 pounds or hairy.

• I think guys like the panty lines. It reveals a little bit more, without being overexposed. But I think that it is not very professional.

• I find them very sexy. Seeing a girl's panties is very erotic!!

What Girls Said 2

• At my school if you even DARE sport big pants then you will forever be named "granny pants"

And yeah... the panty lines are usually the thing that sets it off!

Teenage boys can be so cruel...

=]

• Then again most teenage boys have an IQ no higher than the temperature outside so yeah

• Probably, I used to hear guys make fun of them.